What's new

Ghaggar-Hakra believed to be mythical Rig Veda Sarasvati river proven false

Most of the hindko speakers have nothing to do with pakhtuns, those pakhtuns who settled in hazara region adopted the local hindko language and culture but they are still minority in overall population of hazara. Most of the Hindkowans of peshawer are actually those punjabi musalmans who migrated to peshawer along with rangeet singh forces.
Hindko people are technically not punjabi-pathans , as they do not borrow much from pashto language, culture and traditions.

Well that what i heard, its true that Hindko language is dialect of punjabi. Infact i can understand it perfectly while not pashto. But Hindko are generally considered to be ancient people living in that area. So they didnt go with Ranjeet Singh forces. And about Punjabi-pathan, maybe people call them that because they live in KP while speak Punjabi dialect.

He lived in S.India, why would he work in "Bollywood" ?

For being Maratha i guess? Why does Marathis have to work in South India while biggest industry bollywood is right next door? And its not like he didn't work in bollywood, i still remember his movies. But as is the case with typical non-punjabi and pathans looking people they don't succeed in bollywood.

Noah is called "adam-e-sani ,BECAUSE the world began again AFTER the great flood .only those people who were in the ship of noah were alive and others were dead and all were muslims and many of them became saints but after along time (may be in the time of hazrat sheen )satan did his work again and forced and kept in the mind of the generations of the son of nooh and other people to make the idol of the ur saints and pious people to remember them and then gradually they started to worship of those people . ..
satan iblles and Religion ka hamesha takroo rehta he .......EVEN SATAN can use religion for political purpose .....
when GOD SAID to iblles (when he did not bow to adam )that u r free till qayamat ,u can do wat ever u want till qayama and he sent iblees on earth ....iss liye buraee and achaee ka takrao hota he :pop:

Matsya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the guy who made the arc or ark is manu and the god who taught him to make one is vishnu.

by the same logic you all are hindoos.
iam proud of my evil yindu baniya chankyan mind :devil::victory::P

For being Maratha i guess? Why does Marathis have to work in South India while biggest industry bollywood is right next door? And its not like he didn't work in bollywood, i still remember his movies. But as is the case with typical non-punjabi and pathans looking people they don't succeed in bollywood.

He was not brought up in Maharashtra. Next door was the Tamil film industry. He was a bus conductor in Bangalore before make that extraordinary transition. Maybe some appreciation to where he has gone from such humble beginnings(still remains humble btw) instead of worrying about how he looks.

Success in movies depends on more than looks. Shahrukh Khan is by no means extraordinarily good looking but he catches the eye of the audience & that is all that matters.

Seems that people are more interested in the past than present. No matter what happens to us and our country now, we have to start a topic on past and prove we are ancient people :hitwall:

Taj Mahal was built upon a shiv mandir and we ll reclaim it

LOL.. Everything was built on holy hindu sites... :lol:

Id like to see indians destroy it... using it for ur tourism campaigns n whatnot n now this... drama queens.

Goody, goody, gumdrops!

At last! A scholar who can understand me, and put up scholarly words in refutation!

This is an exception, and is not scholarly. In fact, it is stupid.

Here is Herodotus:

Dr. M. Aurel Stein (in his memoir on Maps Illustrating the Ancient Geography of Kashmir, 1899), identifies the land of Paktyike with the territory of Gandhara, the present Peshawar district. While thinking it unlikely that the exact site of Paktyike will ever be identified, he suggests that the expedition of Scylax may have started from some point near Jahangira, a place on the Kqbul River some six miles distant from its junction with the Indus.

Paktyice is probably represented by the ethnic name Pakhtun or the Indian Pathan.

Probably because you forgot how you started this discussion on the antiquity of the name* India. Or perhaps because you wanted to draw attention away from some other silly person, not a scholar of your sort, who talked glibly and easily about India being a British invention for their conquered territory.

From the examples here and two posts after, you should really take up this quest on an urgent basis.

For helpful hints, please read The Frogs, by Aristophanes.

I thought you would give better references than quoting Herodotus on location of India. The description of Herodotus with regard to exact location of India has been pronounced by most historians as highly suspect as it is believed that amongst other aspects, he also mistook River Kabul as River Indus. Though he also wrote many more interesting things about India and its tribes, one of the most intriguing being the ants as big as dogs that were found in the desert that you mention, but that for later.

With regard to Caspatyrus:

The two chief opinions are, that Caspatyrus is Cabul, and again, that it is Kashmir. On the whole, the latter seems most probable, but certainty seems almost unattainable. The Sanscrit name of Kashmir is Kasyapa pur, which, condensed to Kaspapur, gives us the form found in Hecataeus; and further, the very similar name CASPEIRIA certainly designates the country of Kashmir. As to the expedition of Scylax, remembering that the true source of the Indus in Tibet was unknown to the ancients, and therefore that the voyage must have commenced near the source of one of the chief tributaries, assuredly no better starting point could be found than the Jelum, at the lake formed by it below Kashmir. The eastward course of the voyage is the great difficulty. (Heeren, Ideen, vol. i. pt. i. p. 371; Ritter, Erdkunde, vol. iii. pp. 1087, foll.; Bohlen, Alte Indien, vol. i. p. 64 ; Schlegel, Berlin Taschenbuch, 1829, p. 17; Von Hammer, Annal. Vien. vol. li. p. 36; Bähr, Excurs. ad Herod. 3.102; Mannert, Geogr. d. Griech. u. Röm. vol. v. pt. i. pp. 7, foll.; Forbiger, Alte Geogr. vol. ii. p. 511.)

Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography (1854), CASPATYRUS

Interstingly:

Dmitri Panchenkoon the other hand, has argued persuasively, on the basis of apparent references to Scylax's work in the late Greek author Philostratos, that Scylax in fact travelled across North India, made his way down the Ganges, and arrived at Taprobane (Sri Lanka).

Scylax of Caryanda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With regard to the country of Pactyice, the Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 5, p. 34, indicates Paktyike as the Pashtu country, a term used by Herodotus for Arachosia. Encyclopædia Iranica states that, the inhabitants of Arachosia were Iranian peoples, referred to as Arachosians or Arachoti. Though, EJ Brill's first encyclopaedia of Islam states that, they were called Paktyans by ethnicity, and that name survives until today in the form of ethnic Pashtun tribes.

And more importantly, a more accurate account of how Greeks viewed India’s location has been given here along with a map:

From the accounts of the Greeks it would appear that the ancient Indians had a very accurate knowledge of the true shape and size of their country. According to Strabo, “Alexander caused the whole country to be described by men well acquainted with it;" and this account was afterwards lent to Patrokles by Xenokles, the treasurer of the Syrian kings. Patrokles himself held the government of the north-east satrapies of the Syrian empire under Seleukus Nikator and Antiochus Soter, and the information which he collected regarding India and the Eastern provinces, has received the approbation of Eratosthenes and Strabo for its accuracy. Another account of India was derived from the register of the Stathimi, or "Marches" from place to place, which was prepared by the Macedonian Amyntas, and which was confirmed by the testimony of Megasthenes, who had actually visited Palibotlira (Patna) as the ambassador of Seleukus Nikator. On the authority of these documents, Eratosthenes and other writers have described India as a rhomhoid, or unequal quadrilateral, in shape, with the Indus on the west, the mountains on the north, and the sea on the east and south.

The Ancient Geography of India by Major General Alexander Cunningham, Royal Engineers, TEUBNER AND CO. PATERNOSTER ROW. 1871.

And please Joe, stop bickering like an old Anglo-Indian aunty. It is not your fault though, it happens when people of your caliber get involved in serious discussions with the likes of Bang Galore’s of this world. And stop eating chocolate as this won’t help your heart much in addition to the use of goody goody gumdrops. But then these young ones accuse the oldies of acting like children, don’t they!

And for your information, I had great regard for my principal as he was a great scholar of his time, even though he was not of South Asian descent. And it was a shame that you spoke about him in the manner that you did.

I suggest that you need to read The Frogs again, though not during the rainy season, for you may get distracted by hearing the noises that enchanted Arundhati Roy in her award winning novel.

A Blog? your authority is a Blog?

Here I am citing the most august classical authorities, and some maimed intellect puts up as his authority a BLOG?

Hmmm. I have met my match. What we have here is something special. How did it go?

The word ‘diller’ is a Yorkshire term for a boy who is dim-witted and stupid so this rhyme seems to be a moral lesson warning the importance of punctuality. The Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes by Iona and Peter Opie (Oxford, OUP, 1951) suggests that ‘a diller, a dollar’ are taken from the words dilatory and dullard or that maybe ‘a diller, a dollar’ is related to dilly-dally. As English schools traditionally started at nine o’clock or earlier, anyone who arrived even at ten o’clock would certainly be very late.

Ah, it might be the clock responsible, O Scholar. It isn't ten yet, forget about noon.

4.GIF

6.GIF

There was no Republic of India before 1947 as well. Before 47 it was British India. Before British India it was Muslim India and before Muslim India there was no India.

Hope you know that Columbus wanted to come India.....and when British came to India they made a company call East India Company....or may be I am wrong it may be East Pakistan Company :D ....

Maratha? That explain it, as i said before there is hardly any difference between 97% of Indians who are not punjabis. For shame he had to work in South Indian industry instead of bollywood which is in Maharashtra.

Oh Come on he may have worked in the South Indian Film industry but he is equally popular in the North.

Check out this tribute to Thaliava from King Khan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom