What's new

Ghaggar-Hakra believed to be mythical Rig Veda Sarasvati river proven false

A Blog? your authority is a Blog?

Here I am citing the most august classical authorities, and some maimed intellect puts up as his authority a BLOG?

Hmmm. I have met my match. What we have here is something special. How did it go?

A diller a dollar
A ten'o'clock scholar
What makes you come so soon?

You used to come
at ten'o'clock
And now you come at noon!

The word ‘diller’ is a Yorkshire term for a boy who is dim-witted and stupid so this rhyme seems to be a moral lesson warning the importance of punctuality. The Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes by Iona and Peter Opie (Oxford, OUP, 1951) suggests that ‘a diller, a dollar’ are taken from the words dilatory and dullard or that maybe ‘a diller, a dollar’ is related to dilly-dally. As English schools traditionally started at nine o’clock or earlier, anyone who arrived even at ten o’clock would certainly be very late.

I am also curious Joe. How is it that you don't know the answers.

Ah, it might be the clock responsible, O Scholar. It isn't ten yet, forget about noon.

Gandhara is the region that now comprise of Peshawar valley, Mardan, Swat, Dir, Malakand, and Bajuaur agencies in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP), Taxila in the Punjab, and up to Jalalabad in Afghanistan. It is in this region that the Gandhara civilization emerged and became the cradle of Buddhism. It was from here that Buddhism spread towards east as far away as Japan and Korea.

So how Iranian scientists and philosophers have been labelled as "Arab" findings is how you have claimed Pakistani discoveries as Indian.

Try not to be sillier than you can help.

There was and is nothing called a Gandhara civilisation. This was the name given to a school of sculpture, which emulated the Greek methods of sculpture, and which produced the first statues of the Buddha, some 400 years after his birth.

Buddha came nowhere near the north-west. His entire time on earth was spent in the east.

Gandhara was a Buddhist region, like many others, it was on a strategic mercantile location, and there is no doubt that it served a prominent role is the passage of Buddhism to other countries. To give it importance beyond that is laughable.

More scholarship at work.

Not really. I believe that the Rg Veda was referring to more than one river as the Saraswati. One of those was a rain-fed river. One was probably the Ghaggar- complex. There may have been a third, perhaps more.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding this? There are claims made by other members here that the Sarasvati river mentioned in the Vedas is just one.

Lying retard... his family still lives in peshawar while Gen Shahnawaz was from Kahuta (near taxila)..

Still trying to fit in India, shiv sena does that to you. Recessive genes of Pakistanis mean that if her mother was South Indian ethnically then he would have looked like Rajnikant instead of pathan.

Hindu mythology is so funny :omghaha:
These guys even believed Dwarka was a pre ice age metropolis and Taj Mahal was a Hindu monument Tejo Mahal :yahoo:

Hindu mythology is so funny :omghaha:
These guys even believed Dwarka was a pre ice age metropolis and Taj Mahal was a Hindu monument Tejo Mahal :yahoo:

And Mecca was hindu temple. But thats not hindu mythology but Hindutvas history, and PDF is full of them.

It was thanks to the robust objections of @Bang Galore that I stepped out of these two sets of controversies, centring around the Indus Valley Civilisation, and the AIT vs. OOI theory, to re-educate myself about the fundamentals, facts and theories alike.

I think I need to follow your example & step out of discussing these subjects. Building a castle from a sliver of a brick gets tedious. Keep getting sucked into these discussions only to regret it later. Countering "absolute certainly" by some posters ends up hardening my own position into a certainty that I do not feel, leaving little room for healthy scepticism that should be warranted. End up fiercely arguing a case :hitwall: that has no real,unambiguous proof, one way or the other. Best to do what you did, take a break on this subject, atleast till we have something real to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still trying to fit in India, shiv sena does that to you. Recessive genes of Pakistanis mean that if her mother was South Indian ethnically then he would have looked like Rajnikant instead of pathan.

Except that Rajnikanth is not South Indian. :lol:

There is hardly anything left to discuss when you guys refuse genetic studies and in this case refuse recent research done on Ghaggar-Hakra by 5 countries which also include India! Instead lets go back what someone said 200 years or take what is written thousands of years ago instead of scientific facts.

So tell me again do you accept the recent study done by PNAS with people from 5 countries which include Pakistan, India, USA, UK and Romania? PNAS is not any lalu punjo institute run by BJP fundos.

Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Except that Rajnikanth is not South Indian. :lol:

He looks like one anyway. Isn't Banglore in South India? Where does he belong?

And Mecca was hindu temple. But thats not hindu mythology but Hindutvas history, and PDF is full of them.

And London, Rome, Colloseum, Athens were all Hindu cities :yahoo:
And Hindus discovered North America and all Native American civilization was Hindu :omghaha:

And London, Rome, Colloseum, Athens were all Hindu cities :yahoo:
And Hindus discovered North America and all Native American civilization was Hindu :omghaha:

Latest news is vedic civilization didn't originate in North west subcontinent but from east.

He is a Maratha. That would be classified "Aryan"......:lol:

Maratha? That explain it, as i said before there is hardly any difference between 97% of Indians who are not punjabis. For shame he had to work in South Indian industry instead of bollywood which is in Maharashtra.

Hindko people in Pakistan are believed to be Punjabi-Pathans. Hindko is closely related to Punjabi and is considered dialect of Punjabi. They have nothing in common with Indians. Also why Pukhtoons have on average around 20-25% ASI genes?
Most of the hindko speakers have nothing to do with pakhtuns, those pakhtuns who settled in hazara region adopted the local hindko language and culture but they are still minority in overall population of hazara. Most of the Hindkowans of peshawer are actually those punjabi musalmans who migrated to peshawer along with rangeet singh forces.
Hindko people are technically not punjabi-pathans , as they do not borrow much from pashto language, culture and traditions.

Back
Top Bottom