What's new

Ghaggar-Hakra believed to be mythical Rig Veda Sarasvati river proven false

Initially monotheist? When, and in what way? And how did this single out the people of the Indus Valley while scrupulously avoiding the rest of the south Asian landmass? If i may use that useful term landmass.

You may like to read this so that you can argue later.

From Meluhha To Pakistan: The Embodiment Of A Civilization - OpEd Eurasia Review

I am curious to know how you equate the people of Meluhha with the people of Pakistan.

I am also curious to understand your very peculiar logic that Gujarat was part of the IVC landmass; what landmass was this? What do you understand by land mass? Finally what is the meaning of "...Ganjetic (sic) plains where large majority of you guys come from".....

I am also curious Joe. How is it that you don't know the answers.

Was there any point after the Indus Civilization and before 7th century where the valley was ruled by us again?

Goody, goody, gumdrops!

At last! A scholar who can understand me, and put up scholarly words in refutation!

The Greeks also said that India is a place east of river Indus, which in my opinion also included its delta.

This is an exception, and is not scholarly. In fact, it is stupid.

Here is Herodotus:
Darius, son of Hystaspes, set up twenty Satrapies...and assessed each nation for taxes. (A list of Satrapies is given)

Twentieth: the Indians, the most populous of all the nations in the world, paid the largest sum - 360 talents of gold-dust. (Booko III, 97)

(extracts from Book III, 98)

That part of India towards the rising Sun is all sand....the Indians are the most easterly - beyond them the country is uninhabitable desert....Some inhabit the marsh country by the river.

102. There are other Indians bordering on the city of Caspatyrus and the country of Pactyice, settled northward of the other Indians, whose mode of life resembles that of the Bactrians.

Dr. M. Aurel Stein (in his memoir on Maps Illustrating the Ancient Geography of Kashmir, 1899), identifies the land of Paktyike with the territory of Gandhara, the present Peshawar district. While thinking it unlikely that the exact site of Paktyike will ever be identified, he suggests that the expedition of Scylax may have started from some point near Jahangira, a place on the Kqbul River some six miles distant from its junction with the Indus.

Paktyice is probably represented by the ethnic name Pakhtun or the Indian Pathan.

I am a bit surprised though that you didn't mention Bharat.

Probably because you forgot how you started this discussion on the antiquity of the name* India. Or perhaps because you wanted to draw attention away from some other silly person, not a scholar of your sort, who talked glibly and easily about India being a British invention for their conquered territory.

I wish I could ask my principal. For that I have to transcend to the unknowns and believe in reincarnation to return and respond.

From the examples here and two posts after, you should really take up this quest on an urgent basis.

For helpful hints, please read The Frogs, by Aristophanes.

Lol Gen Shah Nawaz was a punjabi rajput while shah rukh khan is a pashtun from peshawar..

P.S : Gen Zaheer ul Islam the new DG ISI is the nephew of Gen Shah Nawaz.

Good point. I have no opinion & no explanation. I assume that there is some connection, cousin brother is open to interpretation. This is a direct reference to Shahrukh khan's quote,
My father was the cousin brother of General Shah Nawaz, who was the second-in-command to Subhash Chandra Bose (Mangal, Dhillon and Shah Nawaz were among the three biggest freedom fighters).

Shah Rukh Khan spoke Kannada as a child - Times Of India

This thread shows Pakistanis identity crisis and their desire to connect to something substantial.. No chance here, try elsewhere may be you can impress Arabs..

This thread shows Pakistanis identity crisis and their desire to connect to something substantial.. No chance here, try elsewhere may be you can impress Arabs..

Actually we are quite sure of our identity. Its other way around, Indians claiming Pakistani identity with bogus history.

INDIC run away after my last post, now he cant even say that urdu is "Indian" language.

We continue with our cross-examination of the Greeks, based on your scholarly riposte.

The Greeks also said that India is a place east of river Indus, which in my opinion also included its delta.

Sadly, that unscholarly slob, Flavianus Arrianus, Arrian to some of us old fogies, seems to disagree! Maybe it is he who should meet his principal.

As the spring was now over, he (Alexander) took the army and advanced from Bactria towards India....he crossed the Caucasus in ten days and arrived at the city of Alexandria, which had been founded in the land of the Parapamisadae, when he made his first expedition to Bactra...

..there he divided his army and sent Hephaestion and Perdiccas....towards the river Indus...

(more references follow, in his chapter on Operations against the Aspasians, and the Siege of Massaga, Siege of Aornus, Capture of Aornus, and so on ).

he now directed his march towards the River Indus...he learnt that the Indians of that land had fled for safety towards Abisares, but they had left their elephants there to pasture near the River Indus....in this country, lying between the rivers Cophen and Indus, which was traversed by Alexander...the city of Nysa is said to be located.

Just for a change, a Roman, Q. Curtius Rufus:

Alexander had no sooner entered India than the chiefs of various tribes came to meet him with proffers of service.....but when no more chiefs came to surrender, he despatched Hephaestion and Perdiccas....ordered them to proceed to the Indus and build boats for transporting the Army to the other side of that river...

Diodorus Siculus says much the same. After battle at Massaga with the Indians, Alexander came to the Indus.

I am a bit surprised though that you didn't mention Bharat.

I wish I could ask my principal. For that I have to transcend to the unknowns and believe in reincarnation to return and respond.

That am sure is a better thing than being dumb!! ;)

I'm not the one coming up with one liners to prove my stupidity beyond doubt. For posters like you its better to keep hand of keyboard and not reveal to everyone that they were born retarded.

Back
Top Bottom