What's new

Ghaggar-Hakra believed to be mythical Rig Veda Sarasvati river proven false

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/250264-punjabi-urdu-they-two-different-languages.html

read the thread, punjabi who never went to school will understand urdu. He may not speak it well but he sure as hell will understand it. Im pretty sure same is the case with tamils understanding hindi right?

Most Tamils do not speak Hindi. But most South Indians do speak Hindi. Only in Tamil that they don't use Hindi . Even their parliament members who speaks Hindi would insist on using English or someone to translate to Tamil if its spoken in Hindi. So you can say that Tamils has the most pride in their language.

Not true at all. There was no connection between the IVC and any Vedic or Hindu related culture as all that was a later evolution. However, we were initially monotheists, later Hindus, Buddhists and are now Muslim.

Initially monotheist? When, and in what way? And how did this single out the people of the Indus Valley while scrupulously avoiding the rest of the south Asian landmass? If i may use that useful term landmass.

Most of the PDF Pakistani believe Muhajirs belong to alien race of Indian.

Not every Indian can speak English. You have no idea about Indian Muslims. They don't study Urdu if Urdu don't belong to their states nor their native language

Bull crap. Would a Muslim of Hyderabad regard Urdu as their primary language? Of course they would.

I am curious to know how you equate the people of Meluhha with the people of Pakistan.

I am also curious to understand your very peculiar logic that Gujarat was part of the IVC landmass; what landmass was this? What do you understand by land mass? Finally what is the meaning of "...Ganjetic (sic) plains where large majority of you guys come from".....

Why do even bother with IVC topic....65 yr old states claiming their share of 4000 yr old history, (i.e if they don't subscribe to the new earth theory popular among Abraham religions )

We don't deny it, how can you deny history.

What we deny is your version of history.

Pakistan were one of the first monotheists in the world.

Near the end of the Indus civilization, Indians invaded us and converted us to Hindu polytheists.

That is why we reverted (NOT CONVERTED) back to monotheism.

Have you any evidence of this?

Most Tamils do not speak Hindi. But most South Indians do speak Hindi. Only in Tamil that they don't use Hindi . Even their parliament members who speaks Hindi would insist on using English or someone to translate to Tamil if its spoken in Hindi. So you can say that Tamils has the most pride in their language.

Im talking about can tamil villager who never seen someone spoke Hindi, who never went to school to learn hindi? Because i cant understand a word they say in tamil.

I previously told you Punjabi and Hindustani evolved out of Western Prakrit, so there will be similarity. Your claims about Punjabi influencing Urdu holds no truth.

What do you believe about the Saraswati river being the same Ghaggar-Hakra river.

It is probably the same river.

Its not my claim but claimed by urdu poets and historians who have any idea about urdu history & linguitics. Punjabi is mother of Urdu.

"Urdu has striking similarities with Punjabi as far as grammar and phonetics are concerned. The language from which Urdu emerged was neither Brij nor Haryani. It was a language spoken in and around Delhi and Meerut. Later, it intermingled with the language brought in from Punjab by the Muslims and the by-product was Urdu."

Again there are many theories but most plausible is Punjabi being mother of urdu because of similarity.

Was Urdu born in Punjab? | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

I told you why Punjabi and Hindi/Urdu sound similar.

Those Muslim invaders mainly Turks spoke Persian, not Punjabi. They directly landed in Delhi from Kabul. Urdu was influenced by Persian, Arabic and Turkish. Faking Punjabi influence is attempt to prove Urdu is not alien to Pakistan.

There was no Republic of India before 1947 as well. Before 47 it was British India. Before British India it was Muslim India and before Muslim India there was no India.

The term India came in with the Greeks, before Alexander. Sometime in the 4th century BC.

A piece of advice: go to your principal and ask for your money back.

Most of the PDF Pakistani believe Muhajirs belong to alien race of Indian.

They are Pakistanis irrespective of their ethnic backgrounds..

Not every Indian can speak English. You have no idea about Indian Muslims. They don't study Urdu if Urdu don't belong to their states nor their native language

Urdu isnt taught in indian schools...

I told you why Punjabi and Hindi/Urdu sound similar.

Those Muslim invaders mainly Turks spoke Persian, not Punjabi. They directly landed in Delhi from Kabul. Urdu was influenced by Persian, Arabic and Turkish. Faking Punjabi influence is attempt to prove Urdu is not alien to Pakistan.

Wrong, muslims lived in punjab for 200 years before conquering Delhi.

"Probably they did not adopt any local language there but after the conquest of Punjab in the late 10th century AD during Ghaznavid era Muslims stayed in Punjab and before conquering Delhi they had lived in Punjab for about 200 years."

Was Urdu born in Punjab? | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

Why dont you read full article?

Back
Top Bottom