What's new

Ghaggar-Hakra believed to be mythical Rig Veda Sarasvati river proven false

Perhaps you missed the name of the author of the book. :cheesy:

Why should the name of the author have made a difference?

Danino has been in India for 36 years; he came to India at the age of 21. He is a widely known authority on translation of Aurobindo and the Mother. There is little to choose between him and any other Hindu; I suspect that the 'other' Hindus might come out second.

So according to you BJP written the the Indian history?
do you have a slightest hint of the time frame of BJP & how old is Indian history written?

Indian history was not written at one point of time, it was not written as a homogeneous mass. Indian history is stillmbeing written. Some of those writing it are all too clearly Communist or Marxist, some of those writing it are all too clearly adherents of the BJP.

You have no idea about urdu history or what it is which is expected.

The language originated in our land, we have more idea about its origin. You are faking its origin to Punjab to prove its not alien to Pakistan.

Again as i told, religion is matter of faith...It is a peoples perception....Do you believe if some one comes up with more scientific research about your religion and try to prove that there are loopholes in your religion too??....So no one will change their beleif in their faith whatever scientific proof is presented.....Forget about Hindus, if you can show me the instances that Muslims have accepted the loopholes in their religion and accepted in open heated way about their deficiencies?

Me,an Indian who is also a Hindu of course listen and hear patiently about critics of my religion..This is my humility to respect the person who made the research about it..But again...do not misinterpret me that it will at any point of time will be used to distort my faith on my religious books refers to...

I tell Muslims all the time don't use science to prove your religion. Anyway if Ghaggar-Hakra is indeed Sarasvati river then there could have been mistake in Rig Veda, instead of monsoon fed they wrote mountain fed (unlikely but its a theory). Or they called some other river sarasvati, there are so many possibilities instead of refusing latest scientific research done by India, Pakistan, USA, UK and Romania.

Lol a blog... should ask the question from Musharaf or even the new president Mamnoun Hussain.. :lol:

Most of the Pakistani PDF member here uses same words against your Muhajirs.

:lol: even the indian "muslims" on PDF cant read it..

Being Muslim in India doesn't mean that they will have Urdu as native language.

Most of the Pakistani PDF member here uses same words against your Muhajirs.

Which word?

Being Muslim in India doesn't mean that they will have Urdu as native language.

Lol another failed attempt.. 97% indians know english but not every muslim knows urdu.. there are several people on this forum claiming to be muslim etc.. or from muslim majority states? ask them to read urdu? its not taught in schools... its a dying language etc.. u can find several articles on the web.. google em.

From the same article I posted above.

Almost 200 years ago, a French scholar named Vivien de Saint-Martin, too, argued that all the streams that flow from the west to the east, the Ghaggar, the Markanda, the Dangri, the Sarsuti and the Chautang unite in a single bed which is the Rig Veda’s Sarasvati.

Marc Aurel Stein, another archaeologist who came to India in the late 1880s, postulated that the easternmost tributary of the Ghaggar was still known as the Sarsuti, a corruption of ‘Sarasvati’.

A weak argument authored by a foreign author does not become a strong argument.

This was the argument used against Max Mueller's disastrous confusion about the term Aryan. It still holds good. It still cuts both ways.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/250264-punjabi-urdu-they-two-different-languages.html

read the thread, punjabi who never went to school will understand urdu. He may not speak it well but he sure as hell will understand it. Im pretty sure same is the case with tamils understanding hindi right?

I previously told you Punjabi and Hindustani evolved out of Western Prakrit, so there will be similarity. Your claims about Punjabi influencing Urdu holds no truth.

A weak argument authored by a foreign author does not become a strong argument.

This was the argument used against Max Mueller's disastrous confusion about the term Aryan. It still holds good. It still cuts both ways.

What do you believe about the Saraswati river being the same Ghaggar-Hakra river.

Pakistan created the first civilization of the sub continent.

We traded with Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt whilst Indians were running around in jungles naked.

Indian revisionist historians have always tried to call our civilization theirs, nothing to do with you. Your civilization came much later on.

I guess we had to teach you how to live like normal humans.

Ah, the first genuinely stupid post.

There was no Pakistani, no Indian in 3500 BC, but we already know that. The descendants of the IVC are not the people living in the vicinity. Archaeological evidence clearly suggests that the declining culture of the late Harappan culture ebbed away into the Gujarat area, and into the Gangetic plain.

The rest of south Asia was hardly running around naked; there are indications of agriculture having developed in north India around the same time and even earlier than the IVC. So this too is a howler of epic proportions.

I do not know why it was necessary to write this post. Many people might have continued to hold a favourable opinion of you for much longer, if you had refrained from unnecessary comment. If.

"Since Ghaggar-Hakra is no longer believed to be Sarasvati river all of above is also can be thrown to trash bin." - This is the alpha beta omega of your point. Naturally it is pointless to discuss. Believe what you wish to believe.
Since Ghaggar-Hakra is no longer believed to be Sarasvati river all of above is also can be thrown to trash bin.

"Contrary to earlier assumptions that a large glacier-fed Himalayan river, identified by some with the mythical Sarasvati, watered the Harappan heartland on the interfluve between the Indus and Ganges basins, we show that only monsoonal-fed rivers were active there during the Holocene. As the monsoon weakened, monsoonal rivers gradually dried or became seasonal, affecting habitability along their courses. Hydroclimatic stress increased the vulnerability of agricultural production supporting Harappan urbanism, leading to settlement downsizing, diversification of crops, and a drastic increase in settlements in the moister monsoon regions of the upper Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh."

Fluvial landscapes of the Harappan civilization

If Ghaggar-Hakra is indeed Sarasvati then Rig Veda was wrong about it being fed by mountains and if RV can be wrong about one thing then it can be wrong about other things as well. So search for mythical Sarasvati river continues.

You have no idea about urdu history or what it is which is expected.

We the people of Meluhha (Pakistan) traded with Mesopotamia and not the Mesopotamians as they never traveled here for trade - no archeological and historical data exists to support it.

And Gujarat was part of IVC landmass not Ganjetic plains where large majority of you guys come from.

I am curious to know how you equate the people of Meluhha with the people of Pakistan.

I am also curious to understand your very peculiar logic that Gujarat was part of the IVC landmass; what landmass was this? What do you understand by land mass? Finally what is the meaning of "...Ganjetic (sic) plains where large majority of you guys come from".....

I previously told you Punjabi and Hindustani evolved out of Western Prakrit, so there will be similarity. Your claims about Punjabi influencing Urdu holds no truth.

What do you believe about the Saraswati river being the same Ghaggar-Hakra river.

Its not my claim but claimed by urdu poets and historians who have any idea about urdu history & linguitics. Punjabi is mother of Urdu.

"Urdu has striking similarities with Punjabi as far as grammar and phonetics are concerned. The language from which Urdu emerged was neither Brij nor Haryani. It was a language spoken in and around Delhi and Meerut. Later, it intermingled with the language brought in from Punjab by the Muslims and the by-product was Urdu."

Again there are many theories but most plausible is Punjabi being mother of urdu because of similarity.

Was Urdu born in Punjab? | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

Which word?

Most of the PDF Pakistani believe Muhajirs belong to alien race of Indian.

Lol another failed attempt.. 97% indians know english but not every muslim knows urdu.. there are several people on this forum claiming to be muslim etc.. or from muslim majority states? ask them to read urdu? its not taught in schools... its a dying language etc.. u can find several articles on the web.. google em.

Not every Indian can speak English. You have no idea about Indian Muslims. They don't study Urdu if Urdu don't belong to their states nor their native language

Back
Top Bottom