What's new

Ghaggar-Hakra believed to be mythical Rig Veda Sarasvati river proven false

Not really. Vedic civilisation was centered east of Punjab, not west of.

Silly argument but just a correction. Absorption is not conversion.

East Punjab make little part of it, main center was Taxila. Hardly absorption when we all know what Brahmins did. No one is proud of Vedic Brahmins caste system.

I can understand your felling... you are wannabee arab :lol: but reality is that you are south asian muslim nothing else.

i donot have problem if u call me wannabee arab or south asian muslim but reality is that ur also arab,iraninan and africian ......tum log asman se naee tapke ho india mein hahaaha;)

His mother is from Rawalpindi, adopted by Janjua Rajput Shah Nawaz Khan. That link you posted is grade a bullshit.

Err... I would not claim to know better than Shahrukh Khan himself. That was him speaking on TV. Take it up with him if you know better.:cuckoo:

You had to create non-Indian Pakistani identity, so you fabricated the story Pakistani Punjabis are only similar to 3% Indian. :cheesy:

Calling Punjabis different from other North Indians sounds funny to me. :lol::lol::lol:

There is not much difference between other north Indians and Dravidians.

East Punjab make little part of it, main center was Taxila. Hardly absorption when we all know what Brahmins did. No one is proud of Vedic Brahmins caste system.

The main centre of vedic civilization is east of Punjab, Haryana etc. A reading of the Rg veda should tell you that.:)

Brahmins did whatever, still not conversion factually, mainly incorporation of local beliefs within Hinduism.

Err... I would not claim to know better than Shahrukh Khan himself. That was him speaking on TV. Take it up with him if you know better.:cuckoo:

Did he say she was South Indian ethnically? Otherwise use common sense, why would Punjabi janjua rajput go all the way to Karnataka to adopt someone, she most have been relative. Also if his mother was Dravidian then he couldn't have looked anywhere near what he does now.

If you open your mind then you will know you are also converted unless you happen to be Indian punjabis who are 2-3% of Indian population. All other people of India are "converted" people.

You are forgetting, your Qaid e Azam was Gujarati. According to your logic Gujaratis shared nothing with 100% Pakistanis. and your national language is from Uttar Pradesh but 100% Pakistanis share nothing with Uttar Pradesh. While your national poet Allama Iqbal always referred himself as 'Hindi' of Hind/Hindustan.

It seems you people have gone far in creating confusions with your identity. :rofl:

The main centre of vedic civilization is east of Punjab, Haryana etc. A reading of the Rg veda should tell you that.:)

Brahmins did whatever, still not conversion factually, mainly incorporation of local beliefs within Hinduism.

Thats when it expanded from west to east.

You are forgetting, your Qaid e Azam was Gujarati. According to your logic Gujaratis shared nothing with 100% Pakistanis. and your national language is from Uttar Pradesh but 100% Pakistanis share nothing with Uttar Pradesh. While your national poet Allama Iqbal always referred himself as 'Hindi' of Hind/Hindustan.

It seems you people have gone far in creating confusions with your identity. :rofl:

Urdu is hardly a language without Sanskrit, Punjabi, Persian and Arabic all of them have origins outside India. Hindi has always been geographical term for all of South Asians, doesn't make them one civilization or one people.

Did he say she was South Indian ethnically? Otherwise use common sense, why would Punjabi janjua rajput go all the way to Karnataka to adopt someone, she most have been relative. Also if his mother was Dravidian then he couldn't have looked anywhere near what he does now.

I have only heard what he said, he said he had a South Indian connection. I didn't bother, so I don't know what else he said though he mentioned that his mother spoke Kannada (all 4 main S.Indian languages actually) supposedly, also that his aunts spoke with him in Kannada for five years he was in Mangalore where his grandfather was Chief engineer of the Mangalore port. He did say his Mom was from Karnataka before living in Hyderabad but I don't know ethnicity. Difficult to understand why people speak in Kannada at home if it wasn't their mother tongue but I couldn't say for sure. I simply don't know any more, for all I know you may be correct.

As for how he looks, I did point out other examples of South Indians(also from Mangalore incidentally). They look like what?

There is not much difference between other north Indians and Dravidians.

Your Muhajirs including your Qaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and first Prime Minister Liaquat Ali Khan were from these "other North Indians". Your national language Urdu also belong to these 'other North Indians'.

T
Urdu is hardly a language without Sanskrit, Punjabi, Persian and Arabic all of them have origins outside India.

Urdu grew out of local slang of Uttar Pradesh, it 100% nothing in common with people of Pakistan until British introduced Urdu to Punjabi people.

Thats when it expanded from west to east.

Possible but not how it is mentioned in the Rg veda. Indus is unknown in the three oldest mandalas while the Ganges is known as is Yamuna & Sarasvati.

Your Muhajirs including your Qaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and first Prime Minister Liaquat Ali Khan were from these "other North Indians". Your national language Urdu also belong to these 'other North Indians'.

Urdu grew out of local slang of Uttar Pradesh, it 100% nothing in common with people of Pakistan until British introduced Urdu to Punjabi people.

Funny urdu today is screwed in india... while flourishes in Pakistan.

Im talking about ethnically Punjabis, Pukhtons, Balochs, Sindhis and Kashmiris. Muhajirs who moved in last century are Pakistanis, but they have nothing to do with "Ancient Pakistan" history. Urdu language was invented, it borrowed heavily from Punjabi, Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian.

0530100042determining1.jpg

The reason Ghaggar-Hakra no longer is believed to be Sarasvati is because it was monsoon-fed river and Rig Veda clearly mention that Sarasvati was Himalayas-fed river.

Also recent definitive study by Giosan et al in PNAS (Fluvial landscapes of the Harappan Civilization; 2012; June 26; 109 (26): e1688-94) which clearly demonstrated that the the much touted Ghaggar-Hakra was a monsoon-fed river, not the Vedic Sarasvati fed by the melting snows of high mountains.

“Numerous speculations have advanced the idea that the Ghaggar-Hakra fluvial system, at times identified with the lost mythical river of Sarasvati (e.g., 4, 5, 7, 19), was a large glacierfed Himalayan river. Potential sources for this river include the Yamuna River, the Sutlej River, or both rivers. However, the lack of large-scale incision on the interfluve demonstrates that large, glacier-fed rivers did not flow across the Ghaggar-Hakra region during the Holocene. Existing chronologies (27, 28) and our own age on the bank of Sutlej (SI Text) identified deposits of Late Pleistocene age, indicating that the interfluve formed instead during the last glacial period. Provenance detection (32) suggests that the Yamuna may have contributed sediment to this region during the last glacial period, but switched to the Ganges basin before Harappan times."

“Contrary to earlier assumptions that a large glacier-fed Himalayan river, identified by some with the mythical Sarasvati, watered the Harappan heartland on the interfluve between the Indus and Ganges basins, we show that only monsoonal-fed rivers were active there during the Holocene.

Fluvial Landscapes of the Harappan Civilization, Giosan et al, PNAS Early Edition, May 2012

In other words, while the Yamuna could have fed the Ghaggar-Hakra in the pleistocene period (pre-10000 BC), it could not have fed the Ghaggar-Hakra in the holocene period that followed (10,000 BC and later).

Informative article...To know the histroy, we should always be in open mind to read about critics too...Thanks for sharing....But how does it in anyway related to BJP.....People like BJP for its endevour for nationalism and patriotism in its policy unlike other parties...So it will not change even if Saraswati river exists in Himalaya or in Pakistan....Do you think people really care about it....

General Shah Nawaz, was supposedly a cousin of his father.

Back
Top Bottom