What's new

Geo TV Ordered To remove two shows or Shutdown within 48 hours by UAE government

GEO should have moved earlier and Shaikhs are retarted. I don't know why they are getting into this all they need is TAXES and Business in their country. Now what will happen is they will go to UK or HK and there will be a trend set for the other businesses in Dubai who are being dictated by stupid SHAIKHS.
I know, they are ruining Dubai.

Already people always feared that since Dubai is a Monarchy ANYTHING can happen. This incident would prove all those people correct.

I don't like Geo but they deserve to be defeated on air not by censorship.

GEO said:
Mir told the IFJ today that he had received messages in recent weeks that President Musharraf was displeased with his program.
Mir was informed this morning, as he prepared for his regular Thursday program, that the closure of both shows came into force at midnight on June 11.

The IFJ represents over 600,000 journalists in 120 countries

Now Asim explain who is bhind this **** in your own words.

Now Asim explain who is bhind this **** in your own words.
President Musharraf is displeased with both the shows for 1.5 years now.

So whenever there is a closure you'll simply blame him? Hey I realize he has the most to gain, but who ELSE is playing ball with Musharraf. Who ELSE has a little to gain too? With whose assisstance do you think Musharraf pulled this off? Do you think Musharraf is bigger than the foreign office of Pakistan? Can't they tell UAE we have no problem with it?

Why do you think Geo English still never got a licence. Musharraf halted its licence, Zardari could've given it. But nope! Both are hand in glove, my friend and trying to up each other up from time to time as well.

See they hate each other but they've been asked to be nice. So they will. Read my signature.

PPPP are the traitors behind this, and PPPP is hijacked by NRO and Rehman Malik who flee the Bhutto assassination scene like a dumba** and also he was the security incharge lol

PPPP are the traitors behind this, and PPPP is hijacked by NRO and Rehman Malik who flee the Bhutto assassination scene like a dumba** and also he was the security incharge lol

Lets have a UN investigation on the assassination of BB, the UN shall uncover all those faces up.

PPP believes in democracy, as much as you hate the PPP you need to think before attacking without reason, the PPP is a national party having voice in all four provinces, General saab is mere opportunist, and he has his backing from US and Nato, our soldiers died during his tenure by accidental attacks by US he did not speak for them, they are shaheed and we dont know why they are and who is responsible.

When Mush was a suspect you were screaming Qatil league, qatil league, now that the indications are back on PPP personnel then tone changed.

What will the UN investigate after this long, they haven't even started yet. All evidence must be utterly contaminated by now.

New conspiracy theory now :rofl:, you ending up running in circles, the man reconfirmed that he suspected Rehman Malik to be involved ESPECIALLY with the Awan-e-Sadar where our chimp is handling world affair. Musharraf has US agenda and cant allow the media to speak freely against him. Read the Article, Hamid Mir clearly states Musharraf is behind this crap. Prove me wrong.:D
:) and what you say about this news i think it was in April or late May

And guess who was asked to do it The News indeed the sister organisation of Geo

Newspaper forced to print rebuttal

Islamabad: The information ministry has forwarded letters from two Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) supporters to an English newspaper and asked it to print them to rebut an article criticising party leader Asif Ali Zardari.
'In what is really unheard of, the press officer of the information ministry forwarded two letters of unknown PPP supporters to The News and asked for their publication as 'rebuttal' of my story 'Zardari exposed as Nawaz walks a tightrope' published in The News Saturday,' author Ansar Abbasi wrote Sunday in an article headlined 'A dubious defence'.

Both the letters are in defence of Zardari, who is not part of the government, and his stance on reinstating the Supreme Court and high court judges sacked by President Pervez Musharraf after he declared an emergency in November.

While the PPP has a brigade of media managers and spokespersons, 'still the party chose to use the information ministry and depended on unfamiliar commoners (if they really do exist) to rebut the story', Abbasi wrote.

One of the 'rebuttals', authored by Muhammad Umar of Rawalpindi, said: 'The contents of the news item are wild, scurrilous and aimed at maligning the person of Zardari.'

The other 'rebuttal', authored by Zara Shaukat of Karachi, said: 'There is a general opinion that Abbasi and many other respected journalists, in their bid to simplify a complex issue, have been making attempts to present a black and white picture assigning the PPP the role of the villain that is acting as the biggest obstacle in the restoration of pre-Nov 3 judiciary.

'This is most unfortunate, more so because it ends up creating unrest in the public,' Shaukat wrote, adding: 'It is no point creating unrest in the public by sensationalising this subject merely for the purpose of selling copies and increasing viewership.' - IANS

President Musharraf is displeased with both the shows for 1.5 years now.

So whenever there is a closure you'll simply blame him? Hey I realize he has the most to gain, but who ELSE is playing ball with Musharraf. Who ELSE has a little to gain too? With whose assisstance do you think Musharraf pulled this off? Do you think Musharraf is bigger than the foreign office of Pakistan? Can't they tell UAE we have no problem with it?

Why do you think Geo English still never got a licence. Musharraf halted its licence, Zardari could've given it. But nope! Both are hand in glove, my friend and trying to up each other up from time to time as well.

See they hate each other but they've been asked to be nice. So they will. Read my signature.

No restriction on any TV channel: Sherry Rehman

Updated at: 2346 PST, Friday, June 13, 2008

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Sherry Rehman has said there is no pressure on media and that government has not imposed any ban on TV channels.

Talking to media here, She said government was committed to ensuring complete freedom of speech in the country and reports about restricting media were out of question. Sherry Rehman said government had directed Federal and Provincial governments to facilitate media in the best possible manner.

No restriction on any TV channel: Sherry Rehman - GEO.tv

This GEO the victem giving the report.

No restriction on any TV channel: Sherry Rehman

Updated at: 2346 PST, Friday, June 13, 2008

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Sherry Rehman has said there is no pressure on media and that government has not imposed any ban on TV channels.

Talking to media here, She said government was committed to ensuring complete freedom of speech in the country and reports about restricting media were out of question. Sherry Rehman said government had directed Federal and Provincial governments to facilitate media in the best possible manner.

No restriction on any TV channel: Sherry Rehman - GEO.tv

This GEO the victem giving the report.
That means GEO should not close?

President Musharraf wants Geo TV to go off air

Updated at: 1749 PST, Friday, June 13, 2008

ISLAMABAD: President Pervez Musharraf has once again started to press hard to stop transmission of Geo News channel in what appears to be a bid to prevent the channel from supporting the lawyers’ movement.

Authorities in the U-A-E have asked Geo Television to immediately stop airing two popular talk shows “Meray Mutabiq” and “Capital Talk”, otherwise the channel will lose its license and will have to stop its operations in Dubai.

The Pakistani officials want that at least these two programmes – “Meray Mutabiq” hosted by Dr. Shahid Masood and “Capital Talk” by Hamid Mir – stopped to be aired forthwith.

Geo TV administration says it is committed to report facts to the people and in order to continue to do this it is even ready to wind up all its operations in Dubai and shift to Honk Kong or UK.

President Pervez Musharraf had already withheld license of Geo English and even after the new government has come to power the license still remains to be issued.

President Musharraf wants Geo TV to go off air - GEO.tv

Now where does Rehman Malik come into the equation, GEO the victim itself is confirming it. Now make some conspiracy theories over the coalition government.

Would that answer you on the GEO English licence.

Uuh it probably will hurt in the morning:oops:.

Thats a boot on Musharraf face, if he takes Geo's offer after all, he attacked them than declared draconian law on media kicked its anchors got booted from GEO, woohoo what will geo spin do to Musharraf.

Are you getting some sort of commission from GEO or MR. 10%. Oh man I have never seen such a die hard fan for Mr. 10%.

This quote is just for you INTERCEPTOR:

One of the doomsdays symptoms are quite obvious and i.e., looters and cheaters will rule the society. Good save Pakistan:pakistan:

No... Since the new government has come they should've issued the licence. How is musharraf still holding it back?

And how is Musharraf issuing directives to the UAE government on behalf of Pak government? And why isn't the PPP government correcting the UAE government that they don't mind Geo's telecast?

You keep repeating the same mantra, without answering the difficult questions!

Interceptor,

Please, don't look at this so emotionally.

Geo has said nothing that isn't speculation in terms of who is forcing them to shut down.

The UAE authorities have not said anything about which country is forcing them to shut down.

The only thing Geo is basing this on is the fact that Musharaf tried before, but then why did he give in then?

Has the UAE Ambassador been summoned by the PPP foreign office, or the Information ministry for an explanation at the very least?

What exactly has the PPP Govt. done, other than S Rehman issue a statement saying that the GoP is not involved?

I need to see some concerted attempt by the PPP led GoP to demand explanations from the UAE authorities before I am convinced that they are not involved directly, or silent supporters of this move.

I really pity the thinking of Musharaf

And soon very soon he will be on trial, soon people of pakistan will make an example out of him so that no one in future could dictate pakistan freedom...

:pakistan:

ALLAH HAFIZ.

Lets have a UN investigation on the assassination of BB, the UN shall uncover all those faces up.

PPP believes in democracy, as much as you hate the PPP you need to think before attacking without reason, the PPP is a national party having voice in all four provinces, General saab is mere opportunist, and he has his backing from US and Nato, our soldiers died during his tenure by accidental attacks by US he did not speak for them, they are shaheed and we dont know why they are and who is responsible.

LOL go to UN, they will make a commission like Hariri and then it will be there for years.

And you can never uncover anything NEVER. Since Liaqat Ali Khan till now how many were solved? Good LUCK with UN.

PPPP belives in democracy after getting votes before that they were the ones who were jumping up and down for Iftikhar Chaudary, what happened now?

Back
Top Bottom