What's new

Geo TV Ordered To remove two shows or Shutdown within 48 hours by UAE government

True the Bhutto family has ties with Sheikhs, but Musharraf is behind this **** we all can smell it:lol:. Who is doing this man, the viewer raiting on Musharraf aint really rosy is it now.

Rather than still waffling on why don't you call the number? Frankly I am more inclined to believe a corrupt power hungry man like Zardari would not want the previous judges who wanna lock him up back :lol:

Stop blaming Zardari for everything, damn dictator cant live in Democracy, he has to hear his own music being runned on state tv and private tv channels.

Rather than still waffling on why don't you call the number? Frankly I am more inclined to believe a corrupt power hungry man like Zardari would not want the previous judges who wanna lock him up back :lol:

Then neither am I going to stop those judges trailing Musharraf on all those cases, especially knowing that Nawaz wants Mush to be hanged:lol:.

Regardless of thinking WHO is behind the shutdown of GEO, i would say GEO the traitor should have been banned long ago.
I dont care who has taken this action, i just hope it is true,and i hope the end of these biased,pathetic, and agenda-based programmes meray mutabiq and capital talk.

Stop blaming Zardari for everything, damn dictator cant live in Democracy, he has to hear his own music being runned on state tv and private tv channels.
Call the number man, its the front desk.

I believe its not a done deal. Since Geo is still airing some shows LIVE and its not declared on TV.

But the guys at Geo are saying the order came from the UAE government. I asked them who is behind it they said someone from our government probably. Now that could be Mush or that could be Zardari.

If it's not Zardari all he needs to do is pick up the phone and say the GOVERNMENT of Pakistan wants not such thing.

Who do you think they'd listen to? Government? Or a President?

I don't like Geo too much but I wouldn't support such blatant suppression of the press.

I GOT IT!!!

» Geo TV offers Musharraf a platform - Thaindian News

Geo TV offered Musharraf air time while Zardari banned him from PTV!

Islamabad, June 13 (IANS) Private broadcaster Geo TV has offered to air the views of Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf as his coverage on the state-run media has been severely curtailed. The offer came after presidential spokesperson Maj. Gen. (retd) Rashid Qureshi met Information Minister Sherry Rehman and complained about the unannounced ban by the state media on Musharraf’s coverage.

Geo News “was ready to convey any message of the president to the people of the country and the world”, it said in a statement posted on its website Friday.

Geo News was also willing to conduct a daily or weekly programme “in accordance with the wishes of the president” adding “it believes in the free expression of opinion”.

Shorn of his military uniform and his power diminished by the Feb 18 general election, Musharraf has literally vanished from the two dozen TV news channels that used to hang on to his every word and gesture for the nearly eight years that he ruled Pakistan.

Switch on any of the proliferating news channels in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad, and it is the new civilian rulers of Pakistan who are basking in the media spotlight and not the once all-powerful media-savvy general.

Musharraf gets briefly flashed on TV screens when there is a story speculating about a deal being struck to get rid of the man who sent into exile Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif - two of the towering leaders of the present dispensation.

He is also not seen much at public functions and appears to be slipping away from the media glare.

There is no deliberate blackout of Musharraf from news channels. But those who call the shots in these networks are perhaps getting back at Musharraf, who brought in a special ordinance to crack down on defiant journalists after the imposition of emergency in November last year.

Call the number man, its the front desk.

I believe its not a done deal. Since Geo is still airing some shows LIVE and its not declared on TV.

But the guys at Geo are saying the order came from the UAE government. I asked them who is behind it they said someone from our government probably. Now that could be Mush or that could be Zardari.

If it's not Zardari all he needs to do is pick up the phone and say the GOVERNMENT of Pakistan wants not such thing.

Who do you think they'd listen to? Government? Or a President?

I don't like Geo too much but I wouldn't support such blatant suppression of the press.

GEO said:
Information Minister Sherry Rehman reportedly said that the new government had not asked the UAE to act against Geo.

What you want now, I see suddenly your view is shifting:D, I am sure what I need to know is available on the GEO site.

I rather take a dictator than corrupt people like your hero. Nawaz and most of the PPP idiots have had years to try their corrupt methods. I think they (and by inference you and your ilk) should be banned permanently from politics and newer parties brought around.

Frankly everytime you "democrats" take control its like PAK takes 20 steps back.

And frankly I am getting sick of cronies like you (ppp) and lahori (nawaz) who fill their pockets then claim they are doing it in the name of democracy.

What you want now, I see suddenly your view is shifting:D, I am sure what I need to know is available on the GEO site.
Today Sherry Rehman and Rashid Qureshi met.

Something was cooked up.

Either this was a Presidency + PPP move or PPP move alone. PPP was involved.

Dubai orders Geo TV out (within 48 hours)

DUBAI: Geo Television has been ordered to quit Dubai within 48 hours, according to United Arab Emirates (UAE) sources. The UAE authorities have cancelled all the visas of Geo TV staffers and ordered them to leave within 48 hours. Geo Television President Imran Aslam told Reporters Without Borders that the Dubai authorities had informed him that the station would lose its licence if “Capital Talk,” a show hosted by Hamid Mir, and “Meray Mutabek,” hosted by Dr Shahid Masood, were not taken off the air. “The order is inexplicable,” said Geo sources. Officials at Dubai Media City, where the Geo TV group is based, said these programmes threatened UAE’s relations with a friendly country. Pakistan’s Information Minister Sherry Rehman said her government was not involved in the decision. Reporters Without Borders and the International Federation of Journalists called on the governments of Pakistan and UAE to explain how Geo News was forced to drop two very popular talk shows under threat of losing its licence to operate in Dubai. staff report

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom