What's new

Geo TV Ordered To remove two shows or Shutdown within 48 hours by UAE government

All those channel who say they are Pakistani channels, they should broadcasts from Pakistan.

All those channel who say they are Pakistani channels, they should broadcasts from Pakistan.
Atlast GEO fell in trap......lolzz

Chinese foreign policy won't allow confrontation with govt of Pak from their territory and same UK. (UK or HongKong).

GEO moved to Pakistan now, all the programmes will be on air from Pakistan.

Clever move now Pak govt cant say that we dont know what is going on lol.

Its cheaper to broadcast from Dubai than it is in Pakistan, however, Geo does broad cast from Pakistan.

Are you sure. I thought Pakistan would be cheaper. I mean rents in Dubai are higher then in Pakistan.

Well no need for rents when you can buy the complex, and say what you said they were renting the complex, than there is no tax on rental income, Dubai/UAE has no tax laws so its cheaper in the end, take for instance the salary that a Geo tv worker receives, it is without tax cut.

What they do earn from is probably the broadcasting rights.

Once again I like to highlight the main issue here.

If Musharraf did influence Geo out, then why hasn't PPP re-enabled Geo in UAE?

Wonder if Musharraf is really that influential any more. Considering that BB spent years in Dubai and have substantal investments here, but are unable to influence UAE authorities?

IMO there are two factors working here, firstly, the Americans; both the anchors had very strong pro Taliban views and majority of the people asked on their shows were with an anti US bias. Secondly, it is obvious that GEO TV has been very pro CJ and PML(N), this way all the blame is put on Mushy and PPP get rid of anti gov't propaganda in the bargain.

Once again I like to highlight the main issue here.

If Musharraf did influence Geo out, then why hasn't PPP re-enabled Geo in UAE?

A journalist has told me what happened, the Sheiks were shown a few clips of the two programmings showing UAE and Pakistan being discussed, this was the only accusation that put Geo in the spot light, the "allies" that did that told the Sheiks that Geo is disrupting peace and relationship with UAE.

Now the coalition government has said that it will try to resolve the issue, and neither has Geo blamed the new coalition government it is pointing its finger towards the Awan-e-Sadar where most of the plotting happens.

Wonder if Musharraf is really that influential any more. Considering that BB spent years in Dubai and have substantal investments here, but are unable to influence UAE authorities?

IMO there are two factors working here, firstly, the Americans; both the anchors had very strong pro Taliban views and majority of the people asked on their shows were with an anti US bias. Secondly, it is obvious that GEO TV has been very pro CJ and PML(N), this way all the blame is put on Mushy and PPP get rid of anti gov't propaganda in the bargain.

Naiz there were clips shown of Geo, accusing them of disrupting the peace of UAE, and knowing Arabs are superstitious people they reacted to it, after all the 8 years that Musharraf was in power and nowing that Musharraf was able to shut Geo down once why wouldn't he do it again.

I wonder what ounce of proof does Geo have to openly blame someone on TV.

But then, its Geos habit to show assumptions rather than facts.

LOL go to UN, they will make a commission like Hariri and then it will be there for years.

And you can never uncover anything NEVER. Since Liaqat Ali Khan till now how many were solved? Good LUCK with UN.

PPPP belives in democracy after getting votes before that they were the ones who were jumping up and down for Iftikhar Chaudary, what happened now?

Quite right DD:enjoy::smokin:

Here Ill prove something that was uncovered of this establishment if you are so commited to attacking with out reason.

Hamoodur Rahman Commission

The undeniable truth that has never been challenged by any political force even the Bangladeshi agree with it, this report was initiated by the PPP in the 70s if the Democratic forces can do this, I can trust them to find those who are behind the assassination of Benazir Bhutto Shaheed.

Hamoodur Rahman Commission Report

Special Supplements - Zulfikar Ali Bhutto - The Hamood ur Rehman Commission Report

Capital Talk on Air, the talk show is back with the discussion of the day about freedom of press in Pakistan, the show talked very positively about the PPP government and thanked Sheri Rehman minister of media, the show pointed out sleeper cells of the establishment inside the government that were behind it. The show is now on Air and will be transmitted from Pakistan, and it was the first episode of Capital Talk that was transmitted from Pakistan. The host Hamid Mir said that he had struggled through out the Musharraf era on issues of Judiciary and constitution and didn't hope to see the repeat of this dilemma, as pointed out by Mr Minhas this is a plot by the establishment who has been openly against the media.

Asim some comments please.

The show has also cleared the names of Asif Ali Zardari, Sheri Rehman and Rehman Malik the only people that are suspect are the ones aiding the Awan-e-Sadar.

Back
Top Bottom