What's new

French Secularism: Debate on banning all Religious symbols !

I don`t disagree that it is mainly Anti-Muslim, because Muslims on average are much more religious than average Christians or Jews.

I wouldn't have any problem if the French were honest and said France has a centuries old Christian/Jewish heritage, and newcomers must accept that fact. It is their country and they have the right to preserve their heritage.

What I object to is the duplicitous talk of 'secularism' and separation of religion from public life, when clearly some religions are treated more favorably than others.

then dont crib about a country you don't reside in if you don't like to be called on the mat too.

Are you saying only people actually living in France are allowed to post in this thread?

I hope the majority of French do have a say on this. But they probably don't. They are just "well" represented. And now you know when a survey will show up and when they are not supposed to.

I think , Muslim countries should bring in laws ie "if french women come to our countries they MUST wear a burka to respect our culture." tit for tat :lol:

btw its getting dirty -- very french way !

They will come naked for the sake of Women rights. :p

Its there country, Its there law... Lets not forget the contribution of France on modern world... French revolution redefined the concept of nation state... these gentlemen are not asking you not to practice your religion, you are free to practice your religion... But not on Public places ...

So Frenchies can have sex in nude beaches but people living their cant practice their religion?

Banning all symbols ?? Excellent move. And if possible every country should follow suit.

Religion is a personal thing to be cherished in your heart not to flaunt in public.

And Hindus Muslims Sikhs living in India will party in the street from joy. right?

Many people are saying the motive behind it is sinister( which may be the case).
But there is a good reason to ban face veil. It stops people from integrating with society.(especially european society which is free and open).
I dont think french are banning hijab.

So a Women can walk around nude in France but can not cover her entire body? Sounds like a **** industry to me.

does it mean Pope cant wear a cross, muslim women cant wear burkha,sikhs cant wear turban, Hindu cant have tikka in public...then its moronic...

does it mean Pope cant wear a cross, muslim women cant wear burkha,sikhs cant wear turban, Hindu cant have tikka in public...then its moronic...

Welcome to the secular world. In secularism you are free to practice your religion but at home only ;)

This goes totally against the principles of a secular government. IMO South Africa passes the highest benchmark test for a secular government. It consists of a predominantly Anglican Black government which is also well represented by its minority religions (Lutherans, Catholics , Muslims, Hindus and even athiest Communists). The government however does not involve itself in religion and religious organisations. Laws are in place to protect religious freedom. Equal funds and land is granted for the construction of all religious sites whether it is a church, synogogue, temple or mosque. Canvassing by politicians on religious grounds is prohibited and unheard of. In fact race is the playcard in most elections and never religion. That results in a healthy respect by all religions for each other.

It is disgusting to note that French muslims are forced to pray on the pavements. And to add insult to injury the French politicians try to justify this move by saying that one of the aims is to remove this practice of praying on the streets. Clearly if muslims are praying on the pavements then the cause is evidentially that they are being deprived of enough land to construct their masjids. A truly secular goverment would commence a commission of enquiry to establish whether there is some form of prejudice in the allocation of property to minority religions for the construction of places of worship. A truly secular government would also refrain from even discussing issues relating to religious practice such as the wearing of a burka or a cross or dot on the forehead. Europe clearly needs to dust off and start refreshing their memories of what happened shortly after one of their leaders Adolf Hitler came into power and converted Germany into a Jew fearing nation. Or else in a few years time we may well be showing pictures of a million or so Muslims gassed to death and buried in shallow graves

Welcome to the Islamic world. In Islamic countries you are free to practice your religion but ohh sh!t if it is anything but Islam.

Welcome to the Jew world

Penalty for Disobeying Rabbis

Erubin 21b. Whosoever disobeys the rabbis deserves death and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.

Hitting a Jew is the same as hitting God

Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (gentile) hits a Jew, the gentile must be killed.

O.K. to Cheat Non-Jews

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.

Jews Have Superior Legal Status

Baba Kamma 37b. "If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full."

Jews May Steal from Non-Jews

Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile ("heathen") it does not have to be returned. (Affirmed also in Baba Kamma 113b). Sanhedrin 76a. God will not spare a Jew who "marries his daughter to an old man or takes a wife for his infant son or returns a lost article to a Cuthean..."

Jews May Rob and Kill Non-Jews

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Baba Kamma 37b. The gentiles are outside the protection of the law and God has "exposed their money to Israel."

Jews May Lie to Non-Jews

Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.

Non-Jewish Children are Sub-Human

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah () from birth.

Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.

Are you saying only people actually living in France are allowed to post in this thread?

I'm saying people in glass houses made of death sentences should be the last to comment about religious bannings of things as benign as symbols. And if they insist- then they should be open to be taken to the mat on being called out. and in your case I have seen your religious zealotry on these forums.. so it makes it all the more ridiculous for you to crib about any other country stifling religion

And Hindus Muslims Sikhs living in India will party in the street from joy. right?

Which is why he said "If possible". French have a setup where it is possible whereas India is a very Dharmic country as well as religion to those who follow it. There's a stark difference in the two societies. Islamic Arab countries don't allow women to dress very 'loose manner' either. I have read many reports where westerners are deported out of Islamic countries after paying fines for 'low moral display'.

So why are you crying about banning of your stuff? When Islamic countries ban others stuff, their people should be ready to comply with laws of those who have been banned in their own countries from doing stuff they please as well. This is called give and take. I think French are a bit too extreme in this case, but its their country and their wish.

Those who don't like it are still having the liberty to leave. Its a free country after all..

I'm saying people in glass houses made of death sentences should be the last to comment about religious bannings of things as benign as symbols. and if they insist- then they should be open to be taken to the mat. and in you case I have seen your religious zealotry.. so it makes it all the more ridiculous for you to crib about any other country stifling religion

Flawlessly put.

I think such legislations are VERY positive w.r.t. the fact that these would drive Muslims (and any other minorities) back to their native lands.
It is very good because this way Muslims could to some degree, avoid the impending Cataclysm (aka WW3) that is going to befall the Human race...

My two cents.

Welcome to the Jew world

Penalty for Disobeying Rabbis

Erubin 21b. Whosoever disobeys the rabbis deserves death and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.

Hitting a Jew is the same as hitting God

Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (gentile) hits a Jew, the gentile must be killed.

O.K. to Cheat Non-Jews

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.

Jews Have Superior Legal Status

Baba Kamma 37b. "If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full."

Jews May Steal from Non-Jews

Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile ("heathen") it does not have to be returned. (Affirmed also in Baba Kamma 113b). Sanhedrin 76a. God will not spare a Jew who "marries his daughter to an old man or takes a wife for his infant son or returns a lost article to a Cuthean..."

Jews May Rob and Kill Non-Jews

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Baba Kamma 37b. The gentiles are outside the protection of the law and God has "exposed their money to Israel."

Jews May Lie to Non-Jews

Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.

Non-Jewish Children are Sub-Human

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah () from birth.

Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.

Well that's the problem isn`t it? Our country is secular and most of our population are not religious, while yours most are. This country unlike yours is governed by rule of Law not the rule of religion.

Back
Top Bottom