What's new

French Secularism: Debate on banning all Religious symbols !

Accusing france of double talk when the peoples who are critising this come from countrys with alot worse religious laws is hypocrisy itself.

If you can't comment on the topic, it's best to avoid making a fool of yourself. As usual.

Exactly!

People with the worst record of treating minorities (Dhimmi anyone!) expect final and perfect treatment from kaffir countries!

It is not about labels like "secular" or "Islamic", it is about how you treat minorities in your own countries.

France is going a bit extreme here I guess. It is nothing compared to most Islamic countries.

We already know you are incapable of addressing any topic without launching into your anti-Islam rants.

There are plenty of topics for you anti-Islam trolls to peddle your bile.

Try to focus on the topic at hand.

Welcome to the Islamic world. In Islamic countries you are free to practice your religion but ohh sh!t if it is anything but Islam.

Ohhhh!!! What a surprise ! A jew telling a lie.

Non-Muslims practice their religions freely in Muslim countries.

We already know you are incapable of addressing any topic without launching into your anti-Islam rants.

There are plenty of topics for you anti-Islam trolls to peddle your bile.

Try to focus on the topic at hand.

You just know too much stuff!

Or may be it is just hallucination. ;)

This was perfectly on topic. The hypocrisy is infuriating.

Which is why he said "If possible". French have a setup where it is possible whereas India is a very Dharmic country as well as religion to those who follow it. There's a stark difference in the two societies. Islamic Arab countries don't allow women to dress very 'loose manner' either. I have read many reports where westerners are deported out of Islamic countries after paying fines for 'low moral display'.

So why are you crying about banning of your stuff? When Islamic countries ban others stuff, their people should be ready to comply with laws of those who have been banned in their own countries from doing stuff they please as well. This is called give and take. I think French are a bit too extreme in this case, but its their country and their wish.

Those who don't like it are still having the liberty to leave. Its a free country after all..

I agree...

Veil is not a compulsory dress in Islam. The choice is given and under some circumstances girls may be required to wear it in order to save them self from harassments.

I bet, thats why they keep moving to America right? Because they were so free in Pakistan, Afghanistan, any Arab country. Hindus, Christians nor Jews have ever been persecuted there...

Are you for real ?

I was in Kuwait during the month of Ramzan and those 30 days were the most horrible phase in Kuwait. Everyone is forced to fast irrespective of religion. No eateries are there and you cant eat in your office. Is this freedom to practise all religions ?

I think it's brilliant. No public displays of religion. It's a personal thing. Religion and state are seperate. As seperate as which ipl team you support and state.

Are you for real ?

I was in Kuwait during the month of Ramzan and those 30 days were the most horrible phase in Kuwait. Everyone is forced to fast irrespective of religion. No eateries are there and you cant eat in your office. Is this freedom to practise all religions ?

Thats really disgusting of them. They are fallowing their own version of Islam.

Well that's the problem isn`t it? Our country is secular and most of our population are not religious, while yours most are. This country unlike yours is governed by rule of Law not the rule of religion.

Promised Land, Holy Land but yet secular? If it was not for the religion of Jew Isreal would not have even existed.

This was perfectly on topic.

The topic is not what is happening in Muslim countries.

The topic is the French claim of secularism and whether they treat all religions equally. As I wrote earlier, I have no problem if the French favor Christianity, as long as they are honest about it. What I am pointing out is that they want to have their cake and eat it too. They claim to be secular, then go around making laws that favor Christianity over Islam.

The hypocrisy is infuriating.

Try not to get so easily infuriated. ;)

I bet, thats why they keep moving to America right? Because they were so free in Pakistan, Afghanistan, any Arab country. Hindus, Christians nor Jews have ever been persecuted there...

wasn't it the jews who travelled to the ottoman empire when the eruopean christians killed them huh... remember that?

jews had much more freedom in the ottoman empire than anywhere else in europe, so what you are saying is crap. even today christian armenians are coming to turkey, why turkey? have you ever asked yourself that question.

and beside, it's not the government who does it. if it is then i am with you F*$k them, and i say this openly. because what they are doing is simply wrong as myth buster said, they are following their own type of islam, where there is no respect for other religions. whereas in the ottoman era you could easily go out as a jew hinidu or christian and pray openly.

it's the people who has been brainwashed who does this, and you can practice your religion in other muslim countries. if not then why does it live so much jews there?

a country that consider itself the enemy of Israel!

wasn't it the jews who travelled to the ottoman empire when the eruopean christians killed them huh... remember that?

jews had much more freedom in the ottoman empire than anywhere else in europe, so what you are saying is crap. even today christian armenians are coming to turkey, why turkey? have you ever asked yourself that question.

and beside, it's not the government who does it. if it is then i am with you F*$k them, and i say this openly. because what they are doing is simply wrong as myth buster said, they are following their own type of islam, where there is no respect for other religions. whereas in the ottoman era you could easily go out as a jew hinidu or christian and pray openly.

it's the people who has been brainwashed who does this, and you can practice your religion in other muslim countries. if not then why does it live so much jews there?

a country that consider itself the enemy of Israel!

Didn`t i already say Turkey was an exception? Didn`t i say Jews practiced their religion freely in Turkey until the Marmara that they started to feel afraid?

Didn`t i already say Turkey was an exception? Didn`t i say Jews practiced their religion freely in Turkey until the Marmara that they started to feel afraid?

Turkey is exceptional? What about the time when the holy land was in control of the Muslims for nearly 1000 years.

The topic is not what is happening in Muslim countries.

It does become a factor when Muslims claim that they are better at treating minorities.

The topic is the French claim of secularism and whether they treat all religions equally. As I wrote earlier, I have no problem if the French favor Christianity, as long as they are honest about it. What I am pointing out is that they want to have their cake and eat it too. They claim to be secular, then go around making laws that favor Christianity over Islam.

France is "muscularly secular". May be not the best way to go about it but obviously what has been happening has given them cause for concern.

They allowed millions of Muslims to immigrate and they obviously didn't integrate well enough (and had high enough crime rates).

I don't think it is anti Islam move as Islam doesn't mandate any dress code as per most of you. Apparently they are disapproving all conspicuous symbols in public schools only.

Try not to get so easily infuriated. ;)

Try not to be so blatantly hypocritical. ;)

Turkey is exceptional? What about the time when the holy land was in control of the Muslims for nearly 1000 years.
When i said "exception" i meant it had far less Anti-Semetism than most of the muslim world and Europe, so it was an exception in a good way.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom