What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

"****" is slur according to any and every English dictionary, there is proper term "Pakistani" that exist
now if some people started to like the slur due to small typing size thats a different story.

on the orther hand "Indian" is not a slur according any official dictionary but for some reason some Indians or bhartis whatever you like consider it so.
That was not for you
the guy for whom it was meant did understand why I used the slur

original deal that was about to be signed was 1 billion EUROs for full weapons and avionic package for 50 thunders with TOT.
so for 150-200 jets it will be 3.5-5 billion dollars plus, put some exports into that would have been likely due to its western systems, it would have been a direct competitor to gripen...

if France miss the MRCA they will be crying as they did miss alot from that deal.

having said due to financial criss of late 2000s i highly doubt the deal would have gone through anyway. but who knows may be PAF would have. and dont bring budgets etc. if in late 80-90s PAF could pay 5 billion for F16s they could have done it now too.

Hi,

5 billion dollars just for the avionics package say just for the avionics and A2A missile package makes, it around additional 25 million Dollars per aircraft.....

can you post any references to the details of the deal.

Also 5 Billion for 40 a/c's in 1983 is an unrealistic number... Please provide references....

Last edited:
Hi,

5 billion dollars just for the avionics package say just for the avionics and A2A missile package makes, it around additional 25 million Dollars per aircraft.....

can you post any references to the details of the deal.

Google it.

as i said, i simply extrapolated the 50 jets deal of approx 1 billion euros.(1.3 billion dollars)
it was in intial stages of discussion so we dont know the true value. we dont know what it would have cost for the planned 150-200 jets

France suspends $1.6 bn defence contract to Pak: Report | Brahmand News

Dear Sir,
following is the history of Pakistan's Military Budget, keeping Capex and Opex in perspective, could you please show me a potential of 4 billion dollars of potential allocation of avionics and A2A missiles for One single platform in the last 8 years... Sensible answer to my apparently senseless comments will be much appreciated....
View attachment 197594
+ 2013-14 - $6.3 Billion
+ 2014-15 - $6.3 Billion

Especially when the 50-60 Jf17's itself do not cost more than a billion dollar....slapping on avionics worth 4 times the cost of the aircrafts doesn't seem much sensible to me, but then again you are more informed....

Hi,

If the French electronics were available---since 2007---by now there would have been over 200 JF 17's produced + if any --- some foreign orders. Could it have cost on the low side of 2 billion + any other procurement that pak did not make with the French.

The total amount is not simply the electronics and missiles etc for the planes---but for other purchases as well that the pak did not make---.

But---at this stage---it won't mean much if the French open up.

Hi,

If the French electronics were available---since 2007---by now there would have been over 200 JF 17's produced + if any --- some foreign orders. Could it have cost on the low side of 2 billion + any other procurement that pak did not make with the French.

The total amount is not simply the electronics and missiles etc for the planes---but for other purchases as well that the pak did not make---.

But---at this stage---it won't mean much if the French open up.
Interesting,.......

Dear sir,

The member that I had originally replied limited his multi billion dollar projection to JF17 avionics, and thus I raised my viewpoint which you deemed senseless. Now half of that projection you seem to be attributing to "other" purchases.

Now my question was very simple, can you show me how would you have allocated 4 billion in your capex post 2007, to allocate 4 billion in eight years. What would be allocations/year that you would have chosen for JF17 avionics package + "others".

Also I find it very interesting that you are saying PAC would have produced 200 JF 17's since 2007 if French electronics were available, but you chose to produce 1/4th of them due to Chinese electronics....

Can you please elaborate.

Last edited:
France is refusing to be held accountable for the Rafale's HAL will be manufacturing

Then again....you are a **** and will obviously deny it

They can buy a squadron of thunder at the price of 2 rafale
Rafale isn't a good choice for them
may i ask you what is a ****...shud i call say gay hind then.

What a little mindset you have! Just because you offer business does not mean Pakistan loses its importance or share of business.
Did I say anything of the sort? Business is business but naturally the potential business with India far outweighs the potential business with Pakistan and if India insists then why wouldn't the French reduce ties with Pakistan? Why would France put tens of billions at risk for a few billion?

Indians project as if Rafale deal does not go through, France will die. Good thing is world is not that dependent on India just yet.
Indian-French defence deals are more than just the Rafale, beyond the Rafale there are many many other huge deals to be signed. I'm not saying France is dependant on India but obviously will be more inclined to the customer with deeper pockets.

For a fact. Pakistan is the only country which operates biggest fleet of French airplanes outside France.
Which is of little relevance to anything given the age of these planes and limited OEM support they require and thus how little France is still making off them. Once India signs the Rafale deal this will no longer stand true anyway.

may i ask you what is a ****...shud i call say gay hind then.
Then I will say pussystan
I was just replying to that guy
don't get worked up

That was for him only to make him stop calling names
(The way he referred my country...he meant it as a slur)

I know what **** is and I do know why I used that there

Don't derail the thread

French avionics should be applied to only one squadron of JF-17 if the following items are agreed with France:-

AESA RBE2 radar or its scaled down version
Thales’s Front-Sector Optronics (FSO) system
SPECTRA electronic warfare system
Damocles multifunction targeting pod
Holographic wide field-of-view head-up display (HUD)
TopOwl Helmet Mounted Sight Display
MIDS-LVT/LINK16 bi-directional data link

So in this case, two JF-17s (One with Chinese avionics and One with French avionics) can fly together with backup situation awareness support from ZDK-03 and Erieye and together both are connected with Pakistan's own Datalink.

You mean HI-LO mix of JF-17s which PAF also wanted to counter rising IAF 4+ gen fighter capability gap? but tell one thing what special French offer which you mentioned in your post that others can't offer? will RBE2 AESA water down version will be better then Vixen-1000e, Raven or Zhuk AE??

Maybe the french wants to get close to china through pakistan by selling them this shit. Secondly, saudi is huge importer of defence equipment, yes not larger then india but still they can buy a lot of stuff and also quickly. thirdly, if india gets rafale deal done, It may turn out to be dead elepant to them and if the deal doesn't get done still pakistan will benefit. The french surely sense that they will have to make a decision regarding how to deal with india. If India wants to deal through international tender for defence equipment then they can also sell to whom they want.

Interesting,.......

Dear sir,

The member that I had originally replied limited his multi billion dollar projection to JF17 avionics, and thus I raised my viewpoint which you deemed senseless. Now half of that projection you seem to be attributing to "other" purchases.

Now my question was very simple, can you show me how would you have allocated 4 billion in your capex post 2007, to allocate 4 billion in eight years. What would be allocations/year that you would have chosen for JF17 avionics package + "others".

Also I find it very interesting that you are saying PAC would have produced 200 JF 17's since 2007 if French electronics were available, but you chose to produce 1/4th of them due to Chinese electronics....

Can you please elaborate.

Hi,

It is not a matter of allocation for the year---but the money saved for procurement for over the years for the air force was already sitting in the bank.

Over the years of sanctions---money was being put aside to purchases once the sanctions cane off.

Back
Top Bottom