What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

Please---don't be silly---don't ask me that again---. You may agree with me or disagree with me---that is not a problem---.

But you look like a child when you ask for "link" " references "---. Why don't you call up the state dept and ask them.
So you are telling me that state department informed you this?
The reason I asked for references is because I know you cooked up the story....

Paris bloque un contrat d'équipement français d'avions de chasse pakistanais

So you are telling me that state department informed you this?
The reason I asked for references is because I know you cooked up the story....

Paris bloque un contrat d'équipement français d'avions de chasse pakistanais

Are you a Mil Spec security guard or a "PDF think tank" analyst??? You need to sound a bit more mature than your childish posts. Allow me to entertain you a little, before the delivery of the -16 block 52, the US had similar concerns about these -52's and Pakistan allowing access to the Chinese. So the US took serious measures. Similarly, the source of the Western tech, is the US, or at the least in providing certain components. So the US always dictates who the weapons are sold to. We have to watch out for our national interests. Nothing that's new or requires a "proof".

However, with the delivery of advanced AMRAAMS and the -16's, PLUS the ability of Pakistan to manufacture JFT block II (much more advanced than the Block I) and induction of CHI-RAAM (Chinese AMRAAM, the SD-10), the concerns have lessened. Now add the Indian drama of MRCA, you've pissed off the Russians and the French, and they will sell weapons to Pakistan. Whether you buy their weapons or not from them. So really, your MRCA saga has opened up many doors for the Pakistanis. They should send you guys a cake or something.

Pakistan should pursue this deal. Pakistan has acquired and operated French military hardware for 60+ years and should continue to acquire French platforms.

Are you a Mil Spec security guard or a "PDF think tank" analyst??? You need to sound a bit more mature than your childish posts. Allow me to entertain you a little, before the delivery of the -16 block 52, the US had similar concerns about these -52's and Pakistan allowing access to the Chinese. So the US took serious measures. Similarly, the source of the Western tech, is the US, or at the least in providing certain components. So the US always dictates who the weapons are sold to. We have to watch out for our national interests. Nothing that's new or requires a "proof".

However, with the delivery of advanced AMRAAMS and the -16's, PLUS the ability of Pakistan to manufacture JFT block II (much more advanced than the Block I) and induction of CHI-RAAM (Chinese AMRAAM, the SD-10), the concerns have lessened. Now add the Indian drama of MRCA, you've pissed off the Russians and the French, and they will sell weapons to Pakistan. Whether you buy their weapons or not from them. So really, your MRCA saga has opened up many doors for the Pakistanis. They should send you guys a cake or something.
Indians think that they will be able to acquire all of the US technology by bypassing the US and acquiring Israeli weapons based on US Technology. That is easier said then done. US will have to guard its interests to limit Israeli Technology transfers. Indians also planned to hide all Indian ballistic and ICBMs from Obama on Republic Day in India which is really childish. US intelligence is not dependent on physical display of missiles, they have other sources to acquire information about Indian Missile Program. Indian missiles have always been on display on every Indian Republic Day except when Obama was the chief guest.

But why would france help Pakistan, to make their JF17 a bit more of a headache to rafale? It's true India will buy rafale only.

French avionics should be applied to only one squadron of JF-17 if the following items are agreed with France:-

AESA RBE2 radar or its scaled down version
Thales’s Front-Sector Optronics (FSO) system
SPECTRA electronic warfare system
Damocles multifunction targeting pod
Holographic wide field-of-view head-up display (HUD)
TopOwl Helmet Mounted Sight Display
MIDS-LVT/LINK16 bi-directional data link

So in this case, two JF-17s (One with Chinese avionics and One with French avionics) can fly together with backup situation awareness support from ZDK-03 and Erieye and together both are connected with Pakistan's own Datalink.

@Horus If I go one step further, will it be wrong to extrapolate here? What if France offers us Rafale too if India deal completely breaks down.

I agree with @syedali73 that it might not be a wise thing to accept this offer of avionics, if there is one.

What a little mindset you have! Just because you offer business does not mean Pakistan loses its importance or share of business.

Also, France is a highly developed country and is self reliant completely. Its not totally dependent on yuor business.

Indians project as if Rafale deal does not go through, France will die. Good thing is world is not that dependent on India just yet.

For a fact. Pakistan is the only country which operates biggest fleet of French airplanes outside France.

Forget it. Make in India will succeed if only India makes it.

US will not give you technology. Totally forget that. For example. Only Israel and Turkey have access to F-16 software that these countries can adapt their planes for local weapons. More than 5000 F-16s have been built and sold to numerous countries and no one can integrate weapons other than American on their planes.

This is the level of restrictions that Americans put on their technology and very rightly so.

You think they will build their F-18s in India and give you technology too on a platter! The fool's paradise Indians fond of living in.

And who told you that we want all those tech from US ?
We dont need their tech.We only need their orders for making some parts of aerospace industry .All weneed is an industry that can back up our own indigenous aerospace program in future .For that you need a mature industry .And we have 'Make In India' program for that.Understand ?
And you forgot Russia and Israel :D

Highly placed industrial sources have indicated to me that the deal for advanced Avionics, Radar, EW suite, HMD/S and MICA Missiles for PAF's JF-17 Thunder jets is back on the table. The deal was postponed after India removed Rafale from its MMRCA. Now that the Rafale deal with India is stalling, the French are willing to sell the whole package PAF wants for its Thunder fleet.

@Windjammer :enjoy:

France aint that stupid. MMRCA is not the only defence deal between India and France. They wont jeopardize their relationship for a few bucks from Pakistan. Adn business between France and the wolds third largest economy is way more important than just defence deals. We are not in the 70's anymore where they will sell you a mirage a day after they sell us one.

But why would france help Pakistan, to make their JF17 a bit more of a headache to rafale? It's true India will buy rafale only.

Hi,

The stoppage of sale of french radar etc put the JF 17 behind by 4-5 years. With that much time gap---Chinese came up with their own potent system for Pakistan. The U S was concerned that from the JF 17's exposure to the Chinese---western tech would easily get into the hands of the Chinese---because unlike the F 16's---the JF 17's were not under the control of the west.

The French agreed to it but have realized that it was them that suffered the loss. The chinese BVR's are there---in 2 to 3 years---the AESA would be available from china---the current radar is potent---so France is in a tough position now---. The radar---electronics package and the missile deal would have been around a billion plus dollars deal.

So---now if any middle eastern country is considering the JF 17---then they might like to have a French package as an option.

Back
Top Bottom