What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

Contrary to what many Indians would like to believe, France hasn't exactly turned it's back on Pakistan, this PAF C-130 was picking up cargo on February 19, 2015 in Toulouse, France.

16609751775_bc749c379d.jpg

What type of cargo?

Apparently one of our Middle Eastern friends who's looking for Rafales to replace Tornados is arm twisting France to approve the Pakistani deal, either overtly or covertly with the said country agreeing to play the middleman.

But what is the use to get that old deal / old stuff for JF-17s while now Chinese stuff is on par or superior to what was offered by French and Russia is also willing to sell avionics while they have already offered direct sale of upgraded RD-93 engines, for AESA Radar for JF-17w PAF have 03 options now then why go for French MSA which is old stuff as per today's standards.

Should not fall in the same pit again.
The whole point in conceiving JF-17 was to obtain "Embargo free" war machine . French or any western war machine / Electronics is always prone to embargo.
Try Russia,they got good avionics and far better partners than the west.

Agree with your post and yes Russia is good option even for AESA radar as they have already shown interest in directly selling RD-93 engines to Pakistan. PAF should look into Zhuk AESA if available and if suited they should order customized version of it although SELEX's Vixen 1000e looks more promising.

I suggest brothers not to get to worked up over this.

Remember this a few years ago?

Defence Minister of France, Gerard Longuet, who is on a two day visit to India said his country did not want to be seen “feeding Pakistan’s military ambitions”.

He said that France had decided to discourage any requests for heavy equipment from Pakistan, mainly naval equipment.

France to stop selling heavy military equipment to Pakistan: Report – The Express Tribune

Although this was said to be "temporary".

As much as I like France, I suggest we look elsewhere. Once bitten twice shy......

Indians don't bow to pressure.

Everyone bow, only level pressure one can take differs. But anyway, in this case it's about letting Pakistan have access to technology which will be directed towards India, and India always tried it's max to spoil such transactions.

Everyone bow, only level pressure one can take differs. But anyway, in this case it's about letting Pakistan have access to technology which will be directed towards India, and India always tried it's max to spoil such transactions.
Indeed everyone bows, and France can put pressure, but it won't work in case of India. India has many multiple options open and it doesn't forsee a war. So it isn't in a rush and it knows that it is France that needs money more than India needs jets (as France cancelled some expensive deals with russia).

Indeed everyone bows, and France can put pressure, but it won't work in case of India. India has many multiple options open and it doesn't forsee a war. So it isn't in a rush and it knows that it is France that needs money more than India needs jets (as France cancelled some expensive deals with russia).

As i said, it's not about India have multiple options or not. It's about India will be happy with PAF getting this deal for her jets or not.

As i said, it's not about India have multiple options or not. It's about India will be happy with PAF getting this deal for her jets or not.
India is not going to ruin a good deal for the sake of preventing pakistan acquiring a few goods.

India is not going to pay to stop deals between Pakistan and foreign nations. It'll use other means, but not waste billions of dollars and what not. They rather spend that money to get something else.

That's my opinion. Indian military may think otherwise.

India is not going to ruin a good deal for the sake of preventing pakistan acquiring a few goods.

India is not going to pay to stop deals between Pakistan and foreign nations. It'll use other means, but not waste billions of dollars and what not. They rather spend that money to get something else.

That's my opinion. Indian military may think otherwise.

Your opinion doesn't matter, India is already trying to clear the disagreements over Rafael deal - it's just they are taking too much time and perhaps french using this tactic to speed up the process that's all.

Your opinion doesn't matter, India is already trying to clear the disagreements over Rafael deal - it's just they are taking too much time and perhaps french using this tactic to speed up the process that's all.
Lol my opinion is my opinion. I'm just saying it here on Internet, not giving this to Indian military.

Sometimes it feels that Indians purchasing Rafale will deeply put PAF at disadvantage in future..
But sometimes it feels that PAF do want Indians to go for Rafale.
:-)
isnt that common sense

It's also worth mentioning that PAF's original requirement for some 40 Block-52s, which was reduced to 18 is now back in the news since the requirement for another squadron or two is still a security demand......regardless whether it's fulfilled by more Block-52s or some other platform.
so your saying the PAF may get 2 more squadrons of the block 52

Back
Top Bottom