What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

@Horus If I go one step further, will it be wrong to extrapolate here? What if France offers us Rafale too if India deal completely breaks down.

I agree with @syedali73 that it might not be a wise thing to accept this offer of avionics, if there is one.

This is a joke, right?

Either you are making this entire thing up or your "Highly placed industrial sources" are lying to you. The latest news regarding the Rafale deal have been positive, wait a few more weeks and your last hopes will be dashed and the deal will be signed.

Even IF the Rafale deal was stalled with India, the level of business India still does with France is many times greater than anything Pakistan can offer (A330 MRTTs, Ceasar MGS, LUHs, SSKs, radars etc etc). NO WAY would France put this at risk for some HMDS and EW sub-systems for the JF-17.

Sorry.

What a little mindset you have! Just because you offer business does not mean Pakistan loses its importance or share of business.

Also, France is a highly developed country and is self reliant completely. Its not totally dependent on yuor business.

Indians project as if Rafale deal does not go through, France will die. Good thing is world is not that dependent on India just yet.

For a fact. Pakistan is the only country which operates biggest fleet of French airplanes outside France.

French are just one supplier of defence systems.We have Russia,Israel,US in there.Make in India will thrive even if there is no France.
And also we dont know whether this 'highly placed sources' is right or wrong.

Forget it. Make in India will succeed if only India makes it.

US will not give you technology. Totally forget that. For example. Only Israel and Turkey have access to F-16 software that these countries can adapt their planes for local weapons. More than 5000 F-16s have been built and sold to numerous countries and no one can integrate weapons other than American on their planes.

This is the level of restrictions that Americans put on their technology and very rightly so.

You think they will build their F-18s in India and give you technology too on a platter! The fool's paradise Indians fond of living in.

Despite Indian objections French Thales and Sagem continue to do business with Pakistan. The sale of Fennec helos and optronics for Armored vehicles are a few examples.

Saudis are between Rafale or Enhanced SH for their SANG/RSN. The Typhoons and Eagles are operated by RSAF. You don't have to be convinced, a country with a $75 billion budget can buy whatever it wants.
@Mosamania @al-Hasani @Rakan.SA Is Horus right ?

Who said it's useless? But believe me PAF and 99.9 percent fanboys here including me would take French option if we were to choose. If Chinese package is good then why should we buy another package? and it's not gonna be free

Hands down agreed! French obviously much better than Chinese any day.

I will laugh out loud when this like the imminent j10 induction, russian rd93 import, etc, etc, etc.. Will turn out to be Pakistani pie in the sky news

I m already laughing out at you.

Russia has agreed to directly supply RD-93 to Pakistan. Deal has been done.

J-10 very similar to JF-17 and Pakistan wants to go for a 5th gen platform. This was an interview of PAF Chief. Although China offered initial batch of 20, Pakistan did not take them.

I m already laughing out at you.

Russia has agreed to directly supply RD-93 to Pakistan. Deal has been done.

J-10 very similar to JF-17 and Pakistan wants to go for a 5th gen platform. This was an interview of PAF Chief. Although China offered initial batch of 20, Pakistan did not take them.
Russian offered the RD-93? Where? When? Link please. All I've heard is wishful thinking on this board.

When are you getting your Russian choppers?

@Horus If I go one step further, will it be wrong to extrapolate here? What if France offers us Rafale too if India deal completely breaks down.

I agree with @syedali73 that it might not be a wise thing to accept this offer of avionics, if there is one.

What a little mindset you have! Just because you offer business does not mean Pakistan loses its importance or share of business.

Also, France is a highly developed country and is self reliant completely. Its not totally dependent on yuor business.

Indians project as if Rafale deal does not go through, France will die. Good thing is world is not that dependent on India just yet.

For a fact. Pakistan is the only country which operates biggest fleet of French airplanes outside France.

Forget it. Make in India will succeed if only India makes it.

US will not give you technology. Totally forget that. For example. Only Israel and Turkey have access to F-16 software that these countries can adapt their planes for local weapons. More than 5000 F-16s have been built and sold to numerous countries and no one can integrate weapons other than American on their planes.

This is the level of restrictions that Americans put on their technology and very rightly so.

You think they will build their F-18s in India and give you technology too on a platter! The fool's paradise Indians fond of living in.
We can't afford rafale. It's too expensive. Hell, we can't even afford brand new F16s. We don't need such expensive weapons and have to modernise ground forces (terrorism) and navy more instead.

Hi,

As I had stated awhile ago---French have india by the ball joints now---. India can squirm---scream or do whatsoever---if they walk out of this deal---it will be a big setback.

It is a misnomer amongst the ignorant that the buyer has the control over everything---in a similar manner that men think that they control women---.

On such a massive deal---the seller has control over almost everything---but it may give a perception of being docile---just like in a car sale---.

The Indians did not stop the sales of the radar for the JF 17 at that time---. It was the U S which told france to stop for the fear the technology lands in chinas hands.

If French is trying to put pressure on us by going ahead with a Million Dollar deal risking a Multi Billion Dollar Deal then they are wrong. India under this govt. would pay no heed to such pressure tactics, its more likely that France looses the deal instead.

The delay on Rafale is because France selectively ignored the RFP liability clause.

Highly placed industrial sources have indicated to me that the deal for advanced Avionics, Radar, EW suite, HMD/S and MICA Missiles for PAF's JF-17 Thunder jets is back on the table. The deal was postponed after India removed Rafale from its MMRCA. Now that the Rafale deal with India is stalling, the French are willing to sell the whole package PAF wants for its Thunder fleet.

Actually, this saga of the MRCA from India has done a lot of good for Pakistan. Russians got pissed off first and realized that India will ALWAYS watch for her own interests, cold blooded business tactics, no friendship or care for a relationship of decades. I've written about the same as a concern for the US side many times. But, now the French are realizing the same.

What this has triggered is heightened awareness about how the Indian business / military acquisitions work and there is no care or courtesy for the other side. What that means is that the French, the Russians and others watching, have re-prioritized their weapons selling policies. Which means, sell to BOTH India and Pakistan outside of each others influence. When say no to a future customer, based on a flaky "wana be" customer's influence who's going round and round? If they had sealed the deal with Pakistan in 2011-12, the French would've made a few billions by now already and more!

If French is trying to put pressure on us by going ahead with a Million Dollar deal risking a Multi Billion Dollar Deal then they are wrong. .

The French aren't putting any pressure on anyone. They've simply got it with this MRCA deal, and dealing with Indian defense acquisition drama. They've learned from the Russians and are saying, we'll sell to both, India and Pakistan. In fact, this would be the way to go for the rest of the world. No one wants to say NO to a confirmed customer, based on a potential customers influence.
Plus the entire world is seeing the Chinese trade route, the Minerals and growth in Pakistan and all. They've realized they need better ties with Pakistan as Pakistan is about to climb up the economic ladder very fast. And everyone wants to be in its good books. Watch the next three years. There was a reason that India couldn't cancel or fail the preferred trade nation status for Pakistan by the European Union.

Russian offered the RD-93? Where? When? Link please. All I've heard is wishful thinking on this board.

When are you getting your Russian choppers?
Russia has agreed to sell us RD 93 directly and we are buying 40 to 50 MI-35

Back
Top Bottom