What's new

For Chinese And Indian Members

rott

Reaction score
Country
China
I have an Indian friend who wishes to study in China. She is studying medicals (MBBS) right now and wishes to pursue her studies in China. I am not sure what comes after MBBS. She says IMS. Not sure what that is as well. Also, she's got this information that the Chinese University isn't valid or has no Value in India. Is this true?
Chinese and Indian members please throw some light on this.

@ Mods, if this is not relevant in here. Please move it.

chinese medical degree has no longer if u dont clear the mci exams.

No matter wherever you do your MBBS,to practice in India,there's an exam,which you must pass.

Chinese degrees are not recognized by MCI.Infact no other post graduate medical degree from any country is recognized by MCI,recently they only recognized usa,uk,nz,australia,canada after lobbying by Resident Indian doctors there.
She can work in private but her degree wont be recognized.
Unless Indian government implements a new exam for post graduate and ph.d students to recognize foreign degrees apart from those 5 countries,things are it will stay the same for next 50 years as ministers own private medical colleges and they wont let foreign post graduates be recognized here as they will lose their donation seat money :P.
It's either continue to slog there in india writing exams again and again or pay crores to get a donation seat in private medical colleges or migrate to Those 5 countries or say goodbye to India forever and settle in another country for good if she wants to do post graduation outside. .If she is a general category student then god help her In getting her favourite faculty :D

yes,there such universities.even american ones.
there have been cases where people studied at a foreign uni only to come back and realise that their degree has no value in india.
i dont think this is related to china

It is not IMS, but MCI (Medical Council of India)
That is true...Chinese MBBS is not recognized in India. Advise her not to do the program or she will waste the Money.

chinese medical degree has no longer if u dont clear the mci exams.
He is talking about Post graduate education and degrees not undergraduate degrees from other countries, which as you say are recognized after passig MCI exam, there is no exam for post graduate degrees by MCI till now.

Chinese MBBS graduate must pass MCI exam.Last year pass percentage of that exam is less than 5%.Too tough .
Known from my friend cousin.

MCI entrance exam.Your MBBS degree will be recognized after you pass MCI exam

It is not IMS, but MCI (Medical Council of India)
That is true...Chinese MBBS is not recognized in India. Advise her not to do the program or she will waste the Money.
She's pursuing her MBBS in India. She wants to pursue higher studies after MBBS. Not sure what comes after that.

yes,there such universities.even american ones.
there have been cases where people studied at a foreign uni only to come back and realise that their degree has no value in india.
i dont think this is related to china

Only Medical degrees from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the US are recognized. And India is mulling with recognizing Medical degrees from Japan, France, and Germany.

Chinese MBBS graduate must pass MCI exam.Last year pass percentage of that exam is less than 5%.Too tough .
Known from my friend cousin.

MCI entrance exam.Your MBBS degree will be recognized after you pass MCI exam
Sorry is MCI held in India?

She's pursuing her MBBS in India. She wants to pursue higher studies after MBBS. Not sure what comes after that.
Like i said post graduation comes next since she is pursuing Under graduate (MBBS) in India.we dont have MD programme in India like west its MBBS--Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery unlike USA where you get MD after 5 yrs. In europe you dont have Undergraduate course its straight post graduate after that its PHD.
MCI=medical council of India.

MCI controls all Medical degrees. Even an MD from China or any other country is not recognized in India. Only medical education from Australia, Canada, the UK, the US and New Zealand are recognized.

Only Medical degrees from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the US are recognized. And India is mulling with recognizing Medical degrees from Japan, France, and Germany.
They can mull but that wont happen in this century, unless those countries lobby or NRI's there lobby to get those country degrees recognized.Ministers wont move a muscle here as they fear losing their donation seats. Demand and supply.

Back
Top Bottom