What's new

For Chinese And Indian Members

Like i said post graduation comes next since she is pursuing Under graduate (MBBS) in India.we dont have MD programme in India like west its MBBS--Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery unlike USA where you get MD after 5 yrs. In europe you dont have Undergraduate course its straight post graduate after that its PHD.
MCI=medical council of India.
She says she wants to pursue IMS. That's some Mastery In Surgery or something related.

I have an Indian friend who wishes to study in China. She is studying medicals (MBBS) right now and wishes to pursue her studies in China. I am not sure what comes after MBBS. She says IMS. Not sure what that is as well. Also, she's got this information that the Chinese University isn't valid or has no Value in India. Is this true?
Chinese and Indian members please throw some light on this.

@ Mods, if this is not relevant in here. Please move it.

Rott, you should have known better, the answer you'll get from these delusional bunch is how tough india system is blah, blah, blah... The fact that many Indians chose to study for a medical degree in China, not the other way round, tell you something, doesn't it?

Every country has its own regulatory exam, it's not a measure of quality. If you have a Harvard law degree, you can't practice in any commonwealth country too, before clearing the bar.

Last edited:
She says she wants to pursue IMS. That's some Mastery In Surgery or something related.
Thats M.S. (master in surgery) let me guess she is a female so she wants to pursue( M.S. in Gynecology and obstetrics ).Well that is not recognized, unless the government brings out a new exam to recognize foreign Masters degrees.For undergraduate exam like MBBS it can be recognized if you pass MCI screening test you will be recognized, For Masters or PH.D degree holders there is no MCI exam and therefore not recognized.Well that is what i know, ask her to visit her state medical council and find out details.They can tell her better what is recognized and what is not.

Rott, you should have known better, the answer you'll get from these delusional bunch is how tough india system is blah, blah, blah... but none of Indian university ranked in top 200. Many Indians chose to study in China for medical degree, not the other way round.

Every country has its own regulatory exam, it's not a measure of quality. If you have a Harvard law degree, you can't practice in any commonwealth country too.

Now don't turn this into India vs China. This a genuine question. Somebody's life and money is at stake.

No, post graduate medical degree from China is not accpeted in India and there is no exam to make it so, as of now.
Hope that answers your question :)
However, high end fellowships, e.g robotic surgery are accpeted and even valued in private field if there is hands on experience.

Now don't turn this into India vs China. This a genuine question. Somebody's life and money is at stake.

And you're giving false information.

"The Medical council of India (MCI) recognizes the MBBS course of certain approved Universities in China. The list of approved Universities in China is updated every year. This list is prepared by the MCI on basis of the recommendations of the Indian embassy in China. Usually, all Chinese Universities which are authorized by the Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) to conduct MBBS course in English are included in this list."

Last edited:

MCI controls all Medical degrees. Even an MD from China or any other country is not recognized in India. Only medical education from Australia, Canada, the UK, the US and New Zealand are recognized.
oh i didn`t know that , I thought one with foreign degrees from anywhere, would need to qualify the MCI entrance examination to practice..

She could ask her state medical council or go ahead and put a case in NEW DELHI high court asking why MCI is not recognizing china degrees when they recognize Nepal and Bangladesh degrees.MCI can only guide they cant grant recognition as far as i know and some students used high court to get their degrees recognized.
Trust me MCI guys are clueless, they themselves dont know what is right and wrong and what their own rules are.Only a court case in Delhi will bring out the truth as they have to answer to the court.

"The Medical council of India (MCI) recognizes the MBBS course of certain approved Universities in China. The list of approved Universities in China is updated every year. This list is prepared by the MCI on basis of the recommendations of the Indian embassy in China. Usually, all Chinese Universities which are authorized by the Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) to conduct MBBS course in English are included in this list."
Dont spread misinformation!They recognize that MBBS degree from any country "ONLY" after the students pass FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Exam) held in Delhi every year.Otherwise if they don't pass they wont be recognized untill they pass that exam like USMLE.

Screening Test Regulations, 2002
Read that well.

Dont spread misinformation!They recognize that MBBS degree from any country "ONLY" after the students pass FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Exam) held in Delhi every year.Otherwise if they don't pass they wont be recognized untill they pass that exam like USMLE.

Isn't that the same everywhere, taking regulatory exam? If the degree is not recognized, you can't even apply to take the exams.
Grow a brain!

He is asking about Post grad(PG) degree, not MBBS which is Undergrad.
You can do Undergrad from any country and take screening exam to practice in India.

But PG degrees from only US.Can,UK,Aus,NZ are recognized in India, for obvious reasons.

She's pursuing her MBBS in India. She wants to pursue higher studies after MBBS. Not sure what comes after that.
this is something I do not understand...If she is pursuing her MBBS in India why didn't she consult her professor or seniors, who can better guide her...why asking her friend who stays in canada and is not familiar with medicine.
don't take it otherwise..This is my personal opinion..:tup:

Isn't that the same everywhere, taking regulatory exam? If the degree is not recognized, you can't even apply to take the exams.
Grow a brain!
India allows any student who did their Undergraduate degree in any medical college recognized by WHO therefore even if you do MBBS in africa you pass the exam you qualify.As of now there is no recognized country, you can qualify from anywhere be it antartica if its WHO recognized.

He is asking about Post grad(PG) degree, not MBBS which is Undergrad.
You can do Undergrad from any country and take screening exam to practice in India.

But PG degrees from only US.Can,UK,Aus,NZ are recognized in India, for obvious reasons.

MBBS is equivalent to MD in the US, MD is graduate level, or post-grad as you called it. That's the confusion I assumed.

She could ask her state medical council or go ahead and put a case in NEW DELHI high court asking why MCI is not recognizing china degrees when they recognize Nepal and Bangladesh degrees.MCI can only guide they cant grant recognition as far as i know and some students used high court to get their degrees recognized.
Trust me MCI guys are clueless, they themselves dont know what is right and wrong and what their own rules are.Only a court case in Delhi will bring out the truth as they have to answer to the court.

Screening Test Regulations, 2002
Read that well.

The crux of the argument is regulatory exam is not the same thing "recognized degree." Stay relevant

Last edited:

Medical council of India doesn't recognize degrees from China. Chinese degrees are considered foreign. Same with MBBS degrees from all other countries except degrees from US, UK, Australia and NZ. All MBBS holders from all other countries have to pass Foreign Medical Graduates Examination to practise in India. Only 20% of the foreign MBBS holder pass this exams. For the remaining 80%, it is waste of money and time.

79% of doctors with foreign degrees fail screening test - Times Of India

Back
Top Bottom