What's new

Why aren't Chinese students at UK universities getting top degrees?

dont always divert the topic into something else in order to strengthen your "arguments" which are nothing but drivels

My argument is 1-year MBA is inferior to 2-year counterparts
You have lost the arguments

all of those named by you are offering 2-year MBAs from which they establish they fame on
Name me just one stand-alone 1-year MBA which ranks in the top 10 or even top 20
There is none

Capital letters are used to stress my point and to point out you repeated absurdities

of course! then you are master of nothing!
also the school that you're linked to are asking for trouble
BOLDING the words doesnt mean you are RIGHT!
Your being invited doent do anything to affirm 1-year MBAs are better than 2-year courses

as I said the subjects that you 'taught" are very involved disciplines in their own rights
now you are saying Marketing Strategy
what's next
Marketing leadership?
Marketing entrepreneurship?
Leadership strategy?
Entrepreneurial strategy?

You are funny. You need to go back to a decent 2-year MBA school before you teach!

First of all, Chill down! :) It's just a basic negotiation.

all of those named by you are offering 2-year MBAs from which they establish they fame on
Name me just one stand-alone 1-year MBA which ranks in the top 10 or even top 20
There is none

You haven't provided any credible resources to prove ur claim! I have provided a link from HK Business school which you refused to accept. if you want i can provide you with more resources. HK is one of the school in Top 10 right?

Capital letters are used to stress my point and to point out you repeated absurdities
It sounds like you are shouting at me, you can rather use bold or italics to quote important lines.

of course! then you are master of nothing!
also the school that you're linked to are asking for trouble
BOLDING the words doesnt mean you are RIGHT!
Your being invited doent do anything to affirm 1-year MBAs are better than 2-year courses

Well, i don't know about that but they do keep calling me every year! :)
When did i say that 1 year MBA is better than 2 Year MBA because they invited me. :)

as I said the subjects that you 'taught" are very involved disciplines in their own rights
now you are saying Marketing Strategy
what's next
Marketing leadership?
Marketing entrepreneurship?
Leadership strategy?
Entrepreneurial strategy?
You are funny. You need to go back to a decent 2-year MBA school before you teach!

Always remember this, if any school teaches you MBA then its better for you quit that university or school immediately. MBA cannot be taught. MBA lecturers will never teach you anything but they will make you understand scope and goal of the course.

I think you mistook my lines somewhere or didn't understand what i was conveying here. Let me put it in points for you :)

1) MBA is for people with good work experience and not for children who have just finished their under graduate.

2) 1 Year MBA is intense and very hard to complete if you don't have prior experience and if an university allows students with no work experience in 1 year program, you should avoid it at all cost and choose a 2 Year full time MBA.

3) MBA offered by different universities or business schools are totally different to each other.

1 year MBA targeted for different people( basically for people with no time) when compared with 2 year MBA

Hope it clarifies all your doubts.

Finally, Yeah i did my MBA for 2 years in USA and not 1 year because I had all the time in the world :)

First of all, Chill down! :) It's just a basic negotiation.

Again it is you who has lost your cool

You haven't provided any credible resources to prove ur claim! I have provided a link from HK Business school which you refused to accept. if you want i can provide you with more resources. HK is one of the school in Top 10 right?

wow you have already negating your self even there is really really one, just barely doubfully barely one out of some many top notiched 2-year MBA programs

As far as I know HKUST runs a successful 2-year MBA which help launch them in the top list
Dont be lazy.
Just search on the net by typing top 10 MBA schools the long queues of names like Harvard, MIT, INSEAD, Kellog
Stern, Haas, Michigan, HKUST etc etc will prompt up

It sounds like you are shouting at me, you can rather use bold or italics to quote important lines.

you bolded them
I capitalized them
different methods, purpose the same

Well, i don't know about that but they do keep calling me every year! :)
When did i say that 1 year MBA is better than 2 Year MBA because they invited me. :)

I dont care if the school will call you again.
Judging from your replies, the students who are taking your classes will be wasting their money and time

Not only are you trying to confuse all the readers but you also refuse to acknowledge it was you who claim 1-year MBA programs are better than 2-year because the 2-year students cant find jobs, they are less experienced, they are evaluated based on GPAs and GMAT which are not good basis for admission blah blah blah

Always remember this, if any school teaches you MBA then its better for you quit that university or school immediately. MBA cannot be taught. MBA lecturers will never teach you anything but they will make you understand scope and goal of the course.

if your statement is true, why the hell are there so many MBA schools in the world and still flourishing
Why the hell are you teaching part-time then? Another ridiculous statement!

I think you mistook my lines somewhere or didn't understand what i was conveying here. Let me put it in points for you :)

then it is your problem of delivering clear message across; another exposure of greater worries for your students

1) MBA is for people with good work experience and not for children who have just finished their under graduate.
2) 1 Year MBA is intense and very hard to complete if you don't have prior experience and if an university allows students with no work experience in 1 year program, you should avoid it at all cost and choose a 2 Year full time MBA

I have told you 2-year MBA admissions of top schools also require workding experience
BUT you said 1-year MBAs are better because the students are more experienced

3) MBA offered by different universities or business schools are totally different to each other.
1 year MBA targeted for different people( basically for people with no time) when compared with 2 year MBA

that is pointless
Of course different school will offer their own curriculum
So you in fact surrender to my point that 1-year MBAs cater for part-time students who cant afford to spend time on full time 2-year courses
As such, those 1-year programs are mostly labelled as "executive MBA" couses where the depth of knowledge and rigour of research and lecturing time, academic interactions are severely inferior to 2-year progams

Hope it clarifies all your doubts.

I dont have doubt that you have lost the argument

Finally, Yeah i did my MBA for 2 years in USA and not 1 year because I had all the time in the world :)

Sorry to hear you have wasted your money and time on that!

wow you have already negating your self even there is really really one, just barely doubfully barely one out of some many top notiched 2-year MBA programs
As far as I know HKUST runs a successful 2-year MBA which help launch them in the top list
Dont be lazy.
Just search on the net by typing top 10 MBA schools the long queues of names like Harvard, MIT, INSEAD, Kellog
Stern, Haas, Michigan, HKUST etc etc will prompt up

Show the links from INSEAD, HKUST which says they provide 2 year MBA.

INSEAD -> INSEAD MBA | INSEAD MBA [See Point Number 3] (Full time-MBA)

HKUST -> MBA [See Point Number 4] (Full time-MBA)

World is changing my friend :)

Provide me links or resources which counters my statements rather than arguing.

I have told you 2-year MBA admissions of top schools also require workding experience
BUT you said 1-year MBAs are better because the students are more experienced

Which part of my statement that you didnt understand?
Isn't it logical that a guy with good work experience will shine better in MBA. Experienced guys take 1 year MBA so that they can finish it at a faster rate,2 year MBA is irrelevant for them. Why in the world they need to learn basic marketing and accounting when already they are masters in it.

So you in fact surrender to my point that 1-year MBAs cater for part-time students who cant afford to spend time on full time 2-year courses
ha ha ha, i didn't surrender anything. I'm talking about 1 Year Full-Time MBA here.

As such, those 1-year programs are mostly labelled as "executive MBA" couses where the depth of knowledge and rigour of research and lecturing time, academic interactions are severely inferior to 2-year progam
Executive MBA is different and 1 year MBA is different.
Don't confuse between EMBA and MBA :)

Sorry to hear you have wasted your money and time on that
No problem, I went with a scholarship :)

Last edited:
Show the links from INSEAD, HKUST which says they provide 2 year MBA.

INSEAD -> INSEAD MBA | INSEAD MBA [See Point Number 3]

HKUST -> MBA [See Point Number 4]

Provide me links or resources which counters my statements rather than arguing.

you are defeating yourself again
If it is even remotely true that INSEAD and HKUST are offering ONE-year courses ( which is not true) then they are just 2 in the top lists
With all those baloney numbers at hand, you are already declared your defeat!

Which part of my statement that you didnt understand?

You claim I am not clear of your statement
I rebutt by saying you keep on confusing the readers by diverting the gist of the argument

Isn't it logical that a guy with good work experience will shine better in MBA. Experienced guys take 1 year MBA so that they can finish it at a faster rate,2 year MBA is irrelevant for them. Why in the world they need to learn basic marketing and accounting when already they are masters in it.

Again your are trying to confuse the readers of the forum
The speedy 1-year degree only works for those who are unable to go for 2-year program
That is why I said in terms of in-depth studies, research, teaching, turtoring, depth and volume of assignments, courses interactions, the 1-year MBA is INFERIOR to 2-year progam

Alas you are surrendering by acceptaing my point

Accounting theories MUST be learnt through education
Basic Marketing may be learnt through work BUT advanced marketing must be learnt through school. Do you understand?

ha ha ha, i didn't surrender anything. I'm talking about 1 Year Full-Time MBA here.
Executive MBA is different and 1 year MBA is different.
Don't confuse between EMBA and MBA :)

of course losers never admit they are defeated
I said some of these 1-year MBA are labelled as "executive MBAs!

No problem, I went with a scholarship :)

then I am sorry for the entity for giving you the scholarship
but your time is wasted so is your opportunity cost regardless how small it is

you are defeating yourself again
If it is even remotely true that INSEAD and HKUST are offering ONE-year courses ( which is not true) then they are just 2 in the top lists
With all those baloney nos at hand, you are already declared your defeat!
Show me 1 link where it says they offer 2 years MBA

and Some more universities which offer 1 year Full-Time MBA:

Full-Time MBA - Full-Time MBA | SDA Bocconi School of Management

MBAs Degree Programs | IE Business School

MBA: Why IMD?

Even London School of Business gives MBA in 15-21 months which happens to be less than 2 years
MBA at London Business School

Above are in Top 10 as you asked for and they all provide 1 year MBA. So far I have showed you 5 Business schools which offer 1 Year Full Time MBA.

As you have said that INSEAD and HKUST provide 2 year MBA, Can you show me a link for that to prove your claim.

of course losers never admit they are defeated
I said some of these 1-year MBA are labelled as "executive MBAs!
Show me one source where it says 1 year MBA is labelled as EMBA :-)

Again your are trying to confuse the readers of the forum
The speedy 1-year degree only works for those who are unable to go for 2-year program
That is why I said in terms of in-depth studies, research, teaching, turtoring, depth and volume of assignments, courses interations, the 1-year MBA is INFERIOR to 2-year progam
Alas you are surrendering by acceptaing my point
Accounting theories MUST be learnt through education
Basic Marketing may be learnt through work BUT advanced marketing must be learnt through school. Do you understand?
Better prove your points with relevant links. Just don't make your own story.

Show mw 1 link where it says they offer 2 years MBA

and Some more universities which offer Full-Time MBA:

Full-Time MBA - Full-Time MBA | SDA Bocconi School of Management

MBAs Degree Programs | IE Business School

MBA: Why IMD?

Even London School of Business gives MBA in 15-21 months which happens to be less than 2 years
MBA at London Business School

YOU ARE DELUSIONAL TO THE POINT OF HOPELESS

As I pointed out all those 2-year programs are summer breaks inclusive
like I said you go to 4-year colleges does not mean you all spending time studying 4 years
You have your summer or even winter term breaks
Have you been to colleges
You hav lost the argument - ADMIT IT !!

Above are in Top 10 as you asked for and they all provide 1 year MBA. So far I have showed you 5 Business schools which offer 1 Year Full Time MBA.

you are negating yourself
1-year program do not also offer FULL one year because there are holidays and term breaks in between
Do you go to school at all

As you have said that INSEAD and HKUST provide 2 year MBA, Can you show me a link for that to prove your claim.

2-year program is explained above
dont go into needless nitty gritty to defend your lost claim

Show me one source where it says 1 year MBA is labelled as EMBA :-)

I didnt say YOU SAID 1-year MBA = EMBA
I said some 1-year MBA are labelled as EMBA

You have a big big problem to comprehend and your are trying to confuse the reader much more than you clarify and contribute to the argument

Not only you are completely obliterated in your argument, you have wasted your time in your education and the related opportunity costs (regardless how small) , and if true, the scholarship awarding party has given a wrong scholarship to you, very sorry for your students!

YOU ARE DELUSIONAL TO THE POINT OF HOPELESS
As I pointed out all those 2-year programs are summer breaks inclusive
like I said you go to 4-year colleges does not mean you all spending time studying 4 years
You have your summer or even winter term breaks
Have you been to colleges
You are losing- admit it

Breaks are included my friend! Don't confuse with your backyard University with reputed Universities if they say that it will get completed in 15 months, it includes holidays too.

Just provide proper links so that i can accept your points. Argument without valid links is useless.

you are negating yourself
1-year program do not also offer FULL one year because there are holidays and term breaks in between
Do you go to school at all
You should ask INSEAD , HKUST, IE and other why they are calling it Full-Time MBA. How dare they call it a full time MBA!!

2-year program is explained above
dont go into needless nitty gritty to defend your lost claim

Still waiting for that proof where you said INSEAD provided 2 year MBA.

You have a big big problem to comprehend and your are trying to confuse the reader much more than you clarify and contribute to the argument

I don't know if Im confusing but Im still waiting for those links, reference for your argument and you haven't provided anything.

Breaks are included my friend! Don't confuse with your backyard University with reputed Universities if they say that it will get completed in 15 months, it includes holidays too.

Just provide proper links so that i can accept your points. Argument without valid links is useless.

just search on the net there are plenty of top notched 2-year MBA programs there

You should ask INSEAD , HKUST, IE and other why they are calling it Full-Time MBA. How dare they call it a full time MBA!!

what are you mumbling

Still waiting for that proof where you said INSEAD provided 2 year MBA.

you are delusional
how long does the INSEAD offer? 12 months or 15 months or longer
if it is the latter 2 then it fits into my description of a 2-year full-time MBA

I don't know if Im confusing but Im still waiting for those links, reference for your argument and you haven't provided anything.

you dont need to wait for anything which has already certify your defeat in the argument
just chill out

its a sign of sarcasm

if you view it that way its up to you but take it as a jeering for your defeat

12 Months not more than that! :)

there are overwhemingly more top quality schools that are offering programs longer than 12 months
so the conclusion is 1-year MBA program is inferior
and YOU ARE DEFEATED

Had a fun time arguing with you :)

Thanks

Okay I accept this as your admission of defeat and as a bowing out of this argument
Thanks and have a nice weekend!

there are overwhemingly more top quality schools that are offering programs longer than 12 months
so the conclusion is 1-year MBA program is inferior
and YOU ARE DEFEATED

Conclusion is you weren't able to provide any credible information and you resorted to abusive languages .

Okay I accept this as your admission of defeat and as a bowing out of this argument
Thanks and have a nice weekend!

I just stopped this topic because it's getting no where and i got bored.

Thanks a lot my friend. Hope you have a great weekend too :)

I don't understand, why so many people think Chinese students are smart.

I feel so normal in my school, and to be honest kind of lazy student.

A lot of people around the world are miles away smarter and study harder than us.

I do believe that most of Chinese student went to UK for study, are mostly came from the wealthy family background.

Mostly I handle marketing,entrepreneurship, stratergy and leadership.
Question 1)
Always remember this for MBA courses GMAT or your GPA will be waived off if you have a good research paper or a good working experience. Universities are way smarter to just believe on your GMAT scores.

For example, if a University just got one MBA ticket which is being contested by 2 people like 1 with a good GMAT, GPA score and another with a good work experience, the University will always chose the guy with good work experience. Most of the people have no idea about it because they don't know how University selection committee works.

One important note, your GPA or GMAT scores are considered as minimum requirements.

Question 2)
Executive MBA is different from 1 year MBA. Don't get confused between them. Let me ask you a question here, how come you say that 2 year MBA got better quality, please provide detailed explanation rather than giving vague answers.

Question 3)
As i told you before,PROBABILITY does not reflect the greater picture. As you have mentioned in your own statement, a person with higher IQ does not translate into higher achievements. With right type of education and with good experience everyone can achieve something in their life.
MBA, a dime a dozen. Financial industries are not hiring MBAs anymore for financial analyst roles anymore as it's not worth it to pay someone 85k/year for a 50k job. MBAs offer very little value except to the schools who offer it and the professors making 150k

Back
Top Bottom