What's new

First Look: LCA Mk.2 Air Intake Wind-Tunnel Model

If that can be done away with, then why test cars n fighters in a wind tunnel?
Why they can not be done away with too?
If the Wind tunnel can be avoided, I think NASA and Australian defense department people must be stupid!

But above all, here is your post which says the following:

Respect your own writing and be credible instead of controversial cretin.

you can test subs in wind tunnel but it does not clear all parameters so it is logic less to do that.

By the time we will induct his fighter there would be considerable advancements from our neighbours in this class fighters.

You are correct...but if inducted by 2017 it would still be a potent fighter...and the experience gathered would be vital in development of an advanced version ... LCA-MK3.

intakes are totally new design.

No, only the inlets will be re-designed while the main design will reportedly remain the same. It's just about a slight increase of the airflow, needed for the more powerful engine.

No, only the inlets will be re-designed while the main design will reportedly remain the same. It's just about a slight increase of the airflow, needed for the more powerful engine.

what are those small inlets, three they are I guess. Those are not on LCA 1

what are those small inlets, three they are I guess. Those are not on LCA 1

Nor were they on any MK2 model or graphic shown by ADA or HAL, depends on what they tested with that model, but I wouldn't bother too much about it. More interesting would have be a complete windtunnel model of the MK2 including size changes, refuelling probe and possibly IRST, because that would give us a better idea about the external changes.

Back
Top Bottom