What's new

Naval- LCA Completes first Supersonic Flight

how abt known specs?

only those who fly it can tell, because they know exactly how it works. If you talk about its avionics, the in a close dog fight you dont have enough time to see your instruments except for HUD, how pilots engage the enemy is most important. In a dog fight just good avionics wont work, it is always the engine first.

The MiG-29K is the best carrier fighter in the S.Asian region (discounting the US's 7th fleet).

The N-LCA (based on the IAF's MK.2) will be quite a bit more advanced than the JF-17.

The point is India (and everyone) has to start everywhere. India wants to build naval fighters in the future the N-LCA is the first step down the road for that ambition....

As for military relevance, it will be useful for training young jocks on carrier aviation at a cheaper buck (single engine fighter with lower costs vs the MIG-29K). Additionally will be useful for point defence/CAP duties for the ACC/fleet as the more capable MIG-29Ks go off and do their own missions. However the numbers of the N-LCA always be limited to around 2-3 SQDs though. A good starting point but not what the IN would ultimately want down the line.

I disagree on mig-29k.
Best for now but ultimately will be inferior to a modernised su-33.
Also it is 50-50 against f-16 and thats bad.

I knndw f-16 is not a naval platform but pakistan may attack us during blockade.

On tejas I agree with u.i was just afraid that it would be put on iac-1 or 2 whatever.

That would be a blunder of biblical proportions.

Yes its a good first step no doubt

A carrier fighter should be good enough to at least hold on to enemy assault during blockade or other scenarios.

tejas can barely compete with jf-17(no offence to jf-17),it has no chance against a chinese flanker or pakistani f-16 block 40(after mlu).

So whats the point?

Even mig-29 k is average but at least it has a good t/w and max takeoff weight,not to mention a non-podded irst.
Tejas is simply not a good option as a carrier fighter.

It has a future as a good point defence fighter:)
Dude thats why there is a concept of using mix of Tejas and Mig-29K on IAC-1. Tejas can be very good and cost effective in CAP and point defence role while Mig-29K can be used to strike.
PS: tejas mk2 will be even capable than mk1.

Dude thats why there is a concept of using mix of Tejas and Mig-29K on IAC-1. Tejas can be very good and cost effective in CAP and point defence role while Mig-29K can be used to strike.

cost should not be an issue for carrier operations.

We need the best.
And tejas is way inferior to mig-29k atm,no idea about mk2 but mk1 is.

Tejas vs mig-29k or f-16 has no chance whatsoever.

Forget about a modernized su-33 or its copy j series with huge aesa.oh yeah the chinese have been testing aesa for a year now.
A small fighter has its limitations.

For God's sake man, he has been the Chief of the wo
I do not agree. Rare not to agree with you.

VK Singh is sort of a loose cannon with deep prejudices. And he does not have an open mind. He will be a bad administrator I think.
For God's sake man, he was the chief of the world's 3rd largest Army and you say he lacks administrative ability? A straightforward man who knew his beans and was hated by people like you just because he was trying to control corruption in defence deals? How do you call him a 'loose cannon'? Can you elucidate?

A Capt in the Indian Army has more administrative ability than a fookin' politician who only knows how to hang on to his seat and think of ways to mint money by corruption.

And the babu bureaucrats are even worse! A guy who spent his entire career in ministries like agricultural, labor, and family welfare becomes a defence secretary!! WTF does he know of defence? But he's the guy who holds the reins!!

So given a choice, who would you want at the helm?

cost should not be an issue for carrier operations.

We need the best.
And tejas is way inferior to mig-29k atm,no idea about mk2 but mk1 is.

Tejas vs mig-29k or f-16 has no chance whatsoever.

Forget about a modernized su-33 or its copy j series with huge aesa.oh yeah the chinese have been testing aesa for a year now.
A small fighter has its limitations.
Well then we should simply scrap everything and buy Rafale or F-35s. No? I mean common, we should give our products a chance too. Tejas may be inferior but in Indian subcontinent, It serves our purpose for now especially for CAP and point defence.

Tejas range is not enough for carrier based aviation.IT will simply occupy precious deck space.

one 29k can easily do 2 tejas work.

Well then we should simply scrap everything and buy Rafale or F-35s. No? I mean common, we should give our products a chance too. Tejas may be inferior but in Indian subcontinent, It serves our purpose for now especially for CAP and point defence.

It will work as a test bed for carrier aviation.some problems need to be solved by trial and error also.

The point is not electronics or ecm but low range,t/w and small nose cone accounting for smaller radar.

All these things matter for carrier operations,tejas is simply too small to be a carrier based fighter.

Its an excellent point defence fighter,so just make it for iaf,why waste time in the naval version at all when in all certainty navy will reject it for carrier operations?

As
@Abingdonboy stated,its mainly for training and experience purposes

For God's sake man, he was the chief of the world's 3rd largest Army and you say he lacks administrative ability? A straightforward man who knew his beans and was hated by people like you just because he was trying to control corruption in defence deals? How do you call him a 'loose cannon'? Can you elucidate?

A Capt in the Indian Army has more administrative ability than a fookin' politician who only knows how to hang on to his seat and think of ways to mint money by corruption.

And the babu bureaucrats are even worse! A guy who spent his entire career in ministries like agricultural, labor, and family welfare becomes a defence secretary!! WTF does he know of defence? But he's the guy who holds the reins!!

I agree,babus have 0 knowledge of defence matters.we need someone better at helm of affairs

You do have a point. But I stand by my claim that he did screw up in front of media around and after the time of his retirement.

Guys I am from the future and there we have gen v k singh as defence minister.

Since Americans didn't give big hug to modi and Russians did:- we are indulging in lot if new deals and Jv. Also we have lot of privatisation where some big international players are coming with tata and godrej.

Guys I am from the future and there we have gen v k singh as defence minister.

Since Americans didn't give big hug to modi and Russians did:- we are indulging in lot if new deals and Jv. Also we have lot of privatisation where some big international players are coming with tata and godrej.

Wow,thank u future man for the news:rolleyes:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom