What's new

IAF all Geared up to work on LCA MK-2 aircraft, with HAL and DRDO : Chief

It is possible that it gets an upgraded cockpit after all these delays, but most likely not these touchscreen displays and something more in the line of the upgrade compared to the Super 30 and it's new displays. Not to forget that HALBIT has shown other new displays as well:

halbit17.jpg
This is a helo cockpit mockup right bro?? And my friend was VERY certain it was the Cockpit-NG.

You and your likes have been trashed over this nonsense several times... i dnt really need to quote,post the same answers to rub on your face... cause you are nothin more than a troll..

Just look at your LCA,Arjun,Dhruv... all foriegn designed and assembled in india... and still failures apart from the 70% imported MB designed dhruv heli...

Do i need to say more?

:rofl:

Last time someone told me JF-17 :

Engine -Russian
EW: Unknown either chinese
Radar: chinese
DL: german

all component is from Westeran /chinese 99% imported then also its manufactured in PAK. What a guru you are . make everyone laugh:))

That's because both sides (Pakistanis and Indians) still prefer the prove that both fighters (and the people) are different instead of seeing the obvious commonalities!

- Both, are light class fighters
- Both, are multi role fighters with air policing, interception and CAS as primary roles
- Both, 4th generation fighters, which mainly are defined by multi role, FBW, glass cockpit, multi mode radar, or integrated EW capabilities
- Both, are meant to be cost-effective
- Both, are developed with the aim to be less dependent on foreign arms supply, which operationally can effect the forces as both sides have seen in the past
- Both, are developed with an indigenous content, to set up a national base in the aero industry, to develop more and more own techs and aircrafts in future

So there are more than enough things to see why they are more than comparable, as fighters, as fighter programs, technologically... and we then actually might see that the differences are smaller than we think!

My POV was more towards the design than the fighter program as such. Yes I agree, apart from the fact that it will take some time for LCA to become multi role(but I would like for it not to be multirole coz it will be waste of time) and Pakistan already trying to do it with JF 17.

What's the RCS value for J-10B?

Do not ask such question. This planes are not made to fight with best in world but just to bomb third wold country who does not have even SAM or proper planes for air defense.

RCS, AOA, Vertical loop timing , EW suit etc technical terms are not relevant for Junk series.

Now tell us what Tejaa's has achieved in respect to Data link capabilities, AoA, radar capabilities for 5 M^2, 3 M^2 etc etc

tejas MMR has detection range of 2^M2 from 120 KM. Tejas MK1 has AOA of 22* in IOC and 24 to 26 degree in FOC. Up to 35* is planned in MK2 with artificial measures.

Last edited:
well i love LCA more than i love rafale but i can never understand why it is so short legged & despite being smalest fighter in its calss usning the maximum ammount of comopsites whats its actual weight please can some one clear my doughts here

Weight in PV2 was reduced to 750 KG as per B harry. It was 6450 kG of PV2 (Parheps with telemetry instruments) I have read many weight reduction since than. Let us hope that we shall know the weight once the IOC is awarded.

Well according to me the LEVCONS might solve most of the AoA problems but the IAF dont want to add more control surfaces as it is difficult during maintainance and gives added weight to the aircraft. The FCLAW is being tweaked so as to accommodate the IAF's 26 degree AoA without adding LEVCONs.
The Physics of LEVCONs seems sound but as we dont know much about the difficulties faced by the designers we cannot comment on it.

LAVCON is planned in Naval version as per B harry.

isn't the current JF-17 is found not suitable thats why its production stopped and current Block-II JF-17 specifications is equals to LCA MK-1?

I ask many Pakistani members about JF 17 block II. They said that there will not be any change in aerodynamic characteristic or design or Engine. Only avionics will be changed. So there will not be any change so far as aerodynamic is concern in Block 2 or performance.

Last edited:
How is a comparison possible when nothing tangible has been quoted?

This is similar to saying Nanga Parbat is more beautiful than K2, don't ask me how, just believe me!
LCA is not even comparable to J10A forget J10B. Point one thing where LCA surpasses J10A, ?

I have presented the Chinese radar detection ranges. Please don't destroy your argument with such arrogance.

And I hope that Next time before "Inferior FCS, Chinese Radars, EW" crappy arguments, your brethren should have a better knowledge about their adversary aircraft

Show some valuable point...If you have done something till date....Till date your country has not produce a simple motor, this is the reason Indians achievement is arrogance to you...

Do not ask such question. This planes are not made to fight with best in world but just to bomb third wold country who does not have even SAM or proper planes for air defense.

RCS, AOA, Vertical loop timing , EW suit etc technical terms are not relevant for Junk series.

tejas MMR has detection range of 2^M2 from 120 KM. Tejas MK1 has AOA of 22* in IOC and 24 to 26 degree in FOC. Up to 35* is planned in MK2 with artificial measures.

i think Tejas MMR has Detection Range unto air to air /land 150 KM and air to sea unto 300 KM.
the beauty of delta wing is getting high angle of attack in plane. Right now Test will be conducted every degree and its effect on plane and its components will be study. Till now 24* was study and found all normal and now it will be shifted to 26 and then 28* and once 26* report was found satisfactory , will move to 28*.

testing is slow & long phenomena.

Sorry to go on about THUNDER V LCA MK1

5 key areas give me great confidence of TEJAS v PAF and their mainstay fighter

USA engines over Russian RD33/93 . western engines less maintenance higher a availablity and more life in the them . India had a russian choice for Tejas it chose GE from USA.

Tejas far superior flight control with unstable design quad FBW . over traditional stable design of thundergive TEJAS far more agility.

Composites equals lower RCS and stronger design lower maintenance over again Thunder saving cost going for metal alloys airframe

Israeli designed equiiped radars jammers over chinease gives me immense expectation . The israelis know how to fight how to design fighters cockpit technology far better than chinease.

Finally the weapons themselves Israeli Python & Israeli Derby R73 and eventually new 4generation Astra from india. = more variety and western armaments.

Once its up a running Tejas will be a GREAT ADDITION TO IAF and capable of handling any PAF fighter with confidence

DSC01764-734721dotJPG
LCA Tejas: An Indian Fighter – With Foreign Help

India’s own Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) project is so important to the IAF’s future prospects. It’s also why India’s rigid domestic-only policies are gradually being relaxed, in order to field an operational and competitive aircraft. Even with that help, the program’s delays are a growing problem for the IAF.

Tejas will not be ready for war before end of 2015 - Times Of India

The single-engine Tejas, already 30 years in the making, will not become fully combat-worthy anytime before end-2015. "The reality is that the around dozen Tejas prototypes are barely flying a couple of sorties a day. The initial operational clearance ( IOC)-II has again already been pushed to November this year from the earlier June-Julydeadline. It will take at least 18 months from IOC-II to FOC,'' said a source.

The Tejas LCA project was first sanctioned in 1983 at a cost of Rs 560 crore to replace theageing MiG-21s. The overall programme will now cost upwards of Rs 25,000 crore if the naval variant, trainer and the failed Kaveri engine are also taken into account.

But there are still ``several basic problems'' — leave alone complex issues — that continue to dog the fighter despite it having clocked over 2,000 flights. ``Tejas still cannot taxi back after a sortie since its brakes have to be first cooled with compressed air. It has major fuel gauge inaccuracies. Moreover, its radome (radar cover) is defective with large electromagnetic signal losses,'' said another source.

Please stop comparing it any other jet, Because even with French & russian assistance and Isreali systems it is still a distant dream.

Please stop comparing it any other jet, Because even with French & russian assistance and Isreali systems it is still a distant dream.

Every plane has problem thats why JF-17 production stopped and rom last two years now plane produced and even JF-17 II dose carry improvements which will already be present in Mark-1.

Someone expect problems someone tries to hide problems

Cool story... ur the next big thing after bharat worma.. :lol:
well so thats the best answer you could come up with ....lolzzz no wonder well the thing is we are on right track sure we are late but i guess its better to be late than doing nothing at all dont worry we will get what we want ....rome was not built is a day

LCA is not even comparable to J10A forget J10B. Point one thing where LCA surpasses J10A, ?

I asked a simple question. Give me the RCS of J10A and I'll tell you if it surpasses or lags the RCS value of Tejas.

Weight in PV2 was reduced to 750 KG as per B harry. It was 6450 kG of PV2 (Parheps with telemetry instruments) I have read many weight reduction since than. Let us hope that we shall know the weight once the IOC is awarded.

LAVCON is planned in Naval version as per B harry.

I ask many Pakistani members about JF 17 block II. They said that there will not be any change in aerodynamic characteristic or design or Engine. Only avionics will be changed. So there will not be any change so far as aerodynamic is concern in Block 2 or performance.

B. Harry's page in Vayusena has not been updated. Yes the telemetry instruments were removed but the size of the aircraft and extra avionics were added to it after PV2 So I think there is going to be compensation of any weight reduction done. And we must not forget the inclusion of the Radar also.

Every plane has problem thats why JF-17 production stopped and rom last two years now plane produced and even JF-17 II dose carry improvements which will already be present in Mark-1.

Someone expect problems someone tries to hide problems

Pray tell us when JF-17 production stopped?

Is it an unofficial claim/rumour or official detection range?

Back
Top Bottom