What's new

F-15SA First Taxi Test

Which parts... seeker.... booster.... servos.... link...... software? :what:

They did not elaborate :/

They just put an article about it in their bi-annual magazine but did not say which parts exactly. Only that they signed a deal with Rayethon to manufacture and integrate "Key System" in the missile.
i3l63.jpg

Now if only the Saudis can train their pilots to fly these birds.

It will make a potent threat to Iran.

Do you actually believe that RSAF's pilots and organizational abilities are as superior as German pilots?

Also, Arabs, specially Saudis, are known for unprofessional attitude. No strict military discipline, people get into military because of their relations to "royal" family and extended royal family...strict military merit is not applied and so on...

:rofl:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-d...-emirates-air-force-red-flag-13-2-2013-a.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-d...rabia-mulls-german-tank-deal.html#post3757741

Sir they may be really good at training but they will get salutes when they will show their skills in War

Saudi Arabia is a peaceful country and you won't find many wars in our history, however the wars that we took part in, you will find that RSAF shot down 2 Iraqi Mirages during Gulf War and 2 Iranian F-4s when they tried to enter the Saudi Airspace during Iraq-Iran war.

but the new model silent egale or strike egale which Saudi is getting ?

Non,

i believe we are getting a new version made specifically for KSA, the F-15SA, SA stand for Saudi Arabia, and it's the best F-15 ever made so far.
Also KSA is not the only country with its own version of the F-15, there is F-15K, "K" stand for Korea, and F-15I, "I" stand for Israel.

Non,

i believe we are getting a new version made specifically for KSA, the F-15SA, SA stand for Saudi Arabia, and it's the best F-15 ever made so far.

Also KSA is not the only country with its own version of the F-15, there is F-15K, "K" stand for Korea, and F-15I, "I" stand for Israel.

:azn:

U.S. to Sell F-15s to Saudi Arabia

December 30, 2011
By NATHAN HODGE and CAROL E. LEE

The Obama administration said it has reached a $30 billion agreement to sell advanced fighter aircraft to Saudi Arabia, part of a broader push by Washington to counter Iranian power.

The government-to-government deal announced on Thursday includes the sale of 84 new F-15 fighter jets and an upgrade of 70 others.

The package, which follows more than a year of discussions, comes amid escalating tensions between Iran and the U.S., and will help beef up the military of one of Washington's principal Middle East allies.

"This agreement reinforces the strong and enduring relationship between the United States and Saudi Arabia, and demonstrates the U.S. commitment to a strong Saudi defense capability as a key component to regional security," said White House spokesman Josh Earnest.

The White House also cast the agreement as one that would help give a lift to the U.S. economy, saying it would generate more than 50,000 manufacturing and supplier jobs in 44 states. The F-15s are manufactured by Boeing Co. in St. Louis.

Dennis Muilenburg, head of Boeing's defense segment, said in an interview the sale was a very important deal that reinforced the company's strategy of expanding international sales.

Boeing has set a target of making international business account for around 25% or 30% of defense segment revenues, up from a 7% share around five years ago.

"We're well on our way of achieving that" with the Saudi deal, Mr. Muilenburg said.

Boeing said the deal would create jobs in Saudi Arabia as well as in the U.S. Mr. Muilenburg said the sale would include Saudi industrial participation, including parts assembly and manufacturing at a facility in Riyadh.

Sales of advanced U.S. military equipment to allies in the Middle East have been a concern for Israel, which is keen to preserve its military edge.

U.S. officials have sought to reassure Israel that the fighter deal would benefit Israel's security by bolstering moderate allies in the Gulf.

The fighter sale "will not have an impact on Israel's qualitative military edge," said Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs Andrew Shapiro in Washington.

"We did not gin up a package in response to current events in the region," he said, pointing out that Congress had received formal notification of the deal.

The Obama administration informed Congress last year of a plan to sell Saudi Arabia up to $60 billion in new weaponry, including the F-15s. While some lawmakers expressed reservations about the proposal, Congress didn't move to block the deal.

The Israeli Embassy in Washington didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

U.S. officials have said the F-15s would be highly capable aircraft, comparable to the F-15s operated by South Korea and Singapore.

The new and upgraded fighters would be Saudi Arabia's "most capable and versatile aircraft" and could carry a range of precision-guided weapons and air-to-air missiles, said James Miller, U.S. principal deputy undersecretary of defense for policy.

The first of the new aircraft are expected to be delivered around 2015.

Anthony Cordesman, a defense analyst at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said the Israeli military's concerns about Iran outweighed the potential risks Israel might perceive from Saudi Arabia or other Arab states acquiring improved military hardware.

"It's not as if it came as a surprise to anyone in Israel," he said.

The Wall Street Journal

F-15K Slam Eagle (Republic of Korea Air Force)

F-15K Slam Eagle in Red Flag 08-4

Last edited by a moderator:
Mosamania sorry if this is off topic but please tell me who's that in your avatar??? She looks angelic, is she your fiancee? congratulations.

On topic, congratulation to saudi arabia, I hope you never have to use these.

Some Saudi member pointed out in another thread how initial Saudi F-15's were downgraded to appease the Isralies. In the current deal Isralies objected again, New F-15 are top notch in every aspect or behind the scenes these F-15 would have performance cuts?

Some Saudi member pointed out in another thread how initial Saudi F-15's were downgraded to appease the Isralies. In the current deal Isralies objected again, New F-15 are top notch in every aspect or behind the scenes these F-15 would have performance cuts?

:what:

why do you want them to be downgraded ?

Israel has over 200 nuclear warheads mounted on IRBM (Jericho II), ICBM MIRV (Jericho III) and has also a second-strike capability with its 6 Dolphin-class submarines.

It's just completely rediculous. ^^

:what:

why do you want them to be downgraded ?

Israel has over 200 nuclear warheads mounted on IRBM (Jericho II), ICBM MIRV (Jericho III) and has also a second-strike capability with its 6 Dolphin-class submarines.

It's just completely rediculous. ^^

Are you sure? from what I remember the original F-15S were downgraded and that was one of the primary reasons the RSAF opted for typhoons : Paint Scheme: The most apparent difference between the S and E models is their paint scheme. The E model has a one tone gunship grey color, while the S model uses a two-tone 'Mod Eagle' paint scheme.

Engines: The F-15S is equipped with Pratt&Whitney F100-PW-229 engines, the stronger one from the two P&W engine models used in the Strike Eagles.

Its radar, the APG-70S is based on the APG-70 radar of the Strike Eagle, but with its main features significantly downgraded. Radar bandwidth is 60% of the 'original' and only 16 channels are available instead of 32. Although the APG-70S has SAR capabilities, the ground mapping resolution is severely limited: the minimal size of the HRM the radar is able to generate is 4,7 nm, compared to the 0,67 nm of the APG-70.

Navigation and Targeting Pods: LANTIRN pods are also degraded. Instead os using the 'standard' AAQ-13 navigation pod and AAQ-14 targeting pod, Saudi Arabia received 48 pairs of AAQ-19 'Pathfinder' navigation pods and AAQ-20 'Sharpshooter' targeting pods (use their original designation number and add 6 to them). The navigation pod is downgraded in its ECM modes (it works reasonably well against potential russian-made Iraqi and Iranian threats, but performs poorly against US aircraft) and it has no ECCM mode. The AAQ-20 targeting pod has basically the same features as the AAQ-14, with the exception of being incompatible with AGM-65's hands-off modes and lacking some of the A/A features of the LANTIRN targeting pod.

Avionics: The S model's autopilot lacks the terrain following capability which is present in the E model. Its navigation system is a laser ring gyro INS coupled with a commercial-grade GPS system - although it works well, it is definitely not as precise as military-grade systems.

Weapons: The United States took great care in the area of weapons. The F-15S cannot employ the wide range of weapons the Strike Eagle can: AGM-65D/G Maverick missiles, CBU-87 cluster bombs, GBU-10, GBU-15 and GBU-24 smart bombs belong to the inventory of the Saudi version. Understandably, the F-15S does not have the wiring to be able to employ nuclear weapons. BRU-46/A and BRU-47/A weapon racks were initially lacking from F-15S delivered to Saudi Arabia, but this restriction was cleared later and 'normal' CFT's were delivered between 1998 and 2000.

Don't get me wrong they are still formidable aircraft and for most advesaries should be enough - however the USA still finds a way to protect Israel's interests and will never supply Gulf states equipment that will jeopardize it's Jewish ally.

And i have my doubts about this that they are providing top notch radar and EW to Saudi AF equipment with the same specs they use or Israel use.

Back
Top Bottom