What's new

F-15SA First Taxi Test

Does anyone have any proof what so ever that the F-15SA will be anything less than top-notch? We contend that that the F-15S was downgraded, but we also contend that the F-15S is a past tense and the now is the F-15SA.

We believe that this retransfer proposal raises some of the same issues that the direct sale of advanced aircraft to Saudi Arabia would raise. In particular, we would not want the UK aircraft sale to jeopardize Israel’s qualitative military edge (QME), any more than we would permit a U.S. sale to pose such a threat to our closest ally in the region.

We understand that the UK Government has received helpful assurances from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

We would appreciate receiving assurance from the Administration that the United States will not approve the export or retransfer to Saudi Arabia for use with the Typhoon aircraft of any U.S. weapon system or incorporated defense article that would threaten Israel’s QME. We would also appreciate specific assurance that the Executive branch will consult with our Committees before any approval of a request to sell Saudi Arabia such sensitive weapon systems as Storm Shadow cruise missiles or Paveway IV precision guided weapons.

If US has approved the export or transfer of High tech equipment than it means it does not threaten Israel QME which means behind the scenes, Saudia Arabia has accepted the undisclosed terms and conditions of whatever they receive. That's why we the critics say Time will reveal.

If US has approved the export or transfer of High tech equpment than it means it does not threaten Israel QME which means behind the scenes, Saudia Arabia has accepted the undisclosed terms and conditions of whatever they receive which means there might be more than what the eye meets.. That's why we the critics say Time will reveal.

Assurance is not the same as reduction in capability. What matters to me and to everyone involved in mission planning is capability, assurance is just an "i promise", and if that is what it takes to get the best capabilities I am more than happy to promise a thousand times again.

When we tried to get the licensed production of the Paveway IV LGBs, the US blocked the UK which angered both KSA and the UK, we have some of them bought ready made, but for ToT purposes we are going to integrate the french AASM Hammer on our Typhoons.

And here is an assurance from me, RSAF does NOT settle with reduction in capability, not anymore.

We believe that this retransfer proposal raises some of the same issues that the direct sale of advanced aircraft to Saudi Arabia would raise. In particular, we would not want the UK aircraft sale to jeopardize Israel’s qualitative military edge (QME), any more than we would permit a U.S. sale to pose such a threat to our closest ally in the region.

We understand that the UK Government has received helpful assurances from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

We would appreciate receiving assurance from the Administration that the United States will not approve the export or retransfer to Saudi Arabia for use with the Typhoon aircraft of any U.S. weapon system or incorporated defense article that would threaten Israel’s QME. We would also appreciate specific assurance that the Executive branch will consult with our Committees before any approval of a request to sell Saudi Arabia such sensitive weapon systems as Storm Shadow cruise missiles or Paveway IV precision guided weapons.
If US has approved the export or transfer of High tech equipment than it means it does not threaten Israel QME which means behind the scenes, Saudia Arabia has accepted the undisclosed terms and conditions of whatever they receive. That's why we the critics say Time will reveal.

:rofl:

Very very good read. ^^

Jeffrey Lewis • Storm Shadow, Saudi & the MTCR

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/73050-saudi-defense-forces-74.html#post3966390

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/73050-saudi-defense-forces-74.html#post3967809

AASM (Air-to-Ground Modular Weapon) Hammer

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/172534-saudi-typhoons-latest-news.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/229698-ksa-damocles-targeting-pod-eurofighter-typhoon.html

Does anyone have any proof what so ever that the F-15SA will be anything less than top-notch? We contend that that the F-15S was downgraded, but we also contend that the F-15S is a past tense and the now is the F-15SA.

Nothing that superior Israeli has in it's inventory, almost all it has are in Saudi hands, except:

Small Diameter Bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Popeye (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the versions of the guided bombs in the latest contract are more advanced and capable, and Israel don't have this one which would give a huge boost to Saudi A 2 G capability:
CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The era of selling downgraded arms is gone my friend, as there are many alternatives from many sources who would do anything to get such a dreamy arm sale, KSA would easily turn to France or Britain or Russia to get whatever suit their needs, in case America refused to meet their demands, as it happened in the 80s when Saudis turned to the UK in getting Tornadoes after US refused to increase the numbers of F-15 in Saudi arsenal.

The era of selling downgraded arms is gone my friend, as there are many alternatives from many sources who would do anything to get such a dreamy arm sale, KSA would easily turn to France or Britain or Russia to get whatever suit their needs, in case America refused to meet their demands, as it happened in the 80s when Saudis turned to the UK in getting Tornadoes after US refused to increase the numbers of F-15 in Saudi arsenal.

Wellllllllll not exactly. You see the situation is still delicate and on a knife edge. I still stand by my comments that America will protect its interest in the Jewish nation and will not jepoardise those interests by altering significantly the conventional balance of power. I reiterate, THE F-15SA will be AWESOME birds however, the Israeli's are holding out for F-35 which should have the edge. Whats more, what stops America from giving away every little secret those F-15's have to Israel? As for members saying, Israel has the nuclear option therefore it would allow Saudi conventional superiority just isn't the case - that's nightmare to the USA and they just wouldn't let it got that far.

The real problem for Saudia right now is lack of choice particularly for 5th gen aircraft. Unlike for the 4g's Europe isn't an option - Ever since Assad and Syria saga - Russian's are off the table - that too when the Saudi's showed real interest in PAK-FA behind the scenes. For some unexplainable reason the Saudi's don't touch anything Chinese with a barge-pole which is a shame and indirectly a shame for Pakistan. Now what's left? Some Turkish or Korean programmes which may or may not see the light of day? That really isn't an option for the Kingdom.

From what my sources have told me is that the Kingdom really wants is a solid 5th Gen aircraft - Thats part of the reason the "silent eagle" was pushed heavily to Saudia as it had a 5 genesque outlook. However it was always going to be second best. As Israel have first dibs on the F-35 that really limits what the Saudi's have available to them. Therefore in the end they got these souped up 15's. Even with these we need to wait for what the final weapons package will consist of.

F-15SA First Flight Test

130220-F-VC230-001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom