What's new

Erdogan calls the PM forces a terrorists that flamed the social media with Iraqis replies harshly.

And here's me thinking it was just a Turkish thing.
Well i dont know, serving the dish might be the case here but the celebration if we can call it is quite different than lets say Iraq.
The way its being done in other places is being seen very controversial in Turkey.

We make this in Assura it's no doubt one of tasteist dish with some reddish.

maxresdefault.jpg

Well regarding the origin of the dish it seems to be Turkey

Ashure

Ashure[1] (Turkish: Aşure) or Noah's Pudding is a Turkish dessert congee that is made of a mixture consisting of grains, fruits, dried fruits and nuts. In Turkey it is made all the year and served especially during Muharram, the first month of the Islamic calendar, as the 10th of Muharrem corresponds to the Day of Ashure. ("Ashura" means "tenth" in Arabic.) Ashure is part of the culinary tradition of Turkey as well as many of the surrounding countries like Greece; Christian and Jewish cultures as well as Muslims share similar versions of this dessert under a variety of names.

Ashure is one of the limited set of Turkish desserts which contain no animal products. One reason behind it is arguably protesting all kinds of violence and bloodshed. Alevites in Turkey are the prominent group to promote this pudding, traditionally cooking and sharing it following the days of fasting (coinciding Battle of Karbala) in which they abstain from eating meat. In the Battle of Karbala, Hussein ibn Ali and his followers were murdered.

Among Turkish and Balkan Sufis (especially Bektashi), the ashure pudding is prepared with special prayers for health, healing, safety, success and spiritual nourishment.

Iran is big country I just can say I don't know exactly what Asure is? but if it is kind of Ash(اش) yes ???
Nevermind, just had to do a little googling.

Ashure[1] (Turkish: Aşure) or Noah's Pudding is a Turkish dessert congee that is made of a mixture consisting of grains, fruits, dried fruits and nuts. In Turkey it is made all the year and served especially during Muharram, the first month of the Islamic calendar, as the 10th of Muharrem corresponds to the Day of Ashure. ("Ashura" means "tenth" in Arabic.) Ashure is part of the culinary tradition of Turkey as well as many of the surrounding countries like Greece; Christian and Jewish cultures as well as Muslims share similar versions of this dessert under a variety of names.

We have this and this also in iran and the gulf states

do.php
What is it?

Iran is big country I just can say I don't know exactly what Asure is? but if it is kind of Ash(اش) yes ???
Regarding etymology:

The word Ashure come from Arabic word Ashura Arabic: عاشوراء‎‎ ʻĀshūrā’ . It means tenth.[2] In Turkish tradition, this dish is made mostly on 10th of Muharram or after 10th of Muharram in Islamic Lunar Calendar. Not only Islamic believing, but also pre-islamic believes related with some semitic stories also connected by Muharram month.

Also in Turkish, Ash(Aş) represents mixed porridge (or congee). It is derived from Persian word "Ashur" meaning mixing.

Nevermind, just had to do a little googling.

What is it?
It's my favorite Dessert, we call it shole zard

Well i dont know, serving the dish might be the case here but the celebration if we can call it is quite different than lets say Iraq.
The way its being done in other places is being seen very controversial in Turkey.
I got it now. The dish is mainly Turkish it seems, and of course Greeks/Armenians.

Basically a tradition from Ottoman times also Christians and Jews seem to have this dish.
I don't know why I am surprised anymore, we are basically the same when it comes to culinary tradition with our neighbours.

It's kind of pudding but mainly made of rice and some other stuff
We don't make it in assura we make it like 2 months after
I am not into dessert , but I do love rice pudding. :smitten:

Interesting. Is it true that most Turkish Alavis (people often confuse them with the Arab Alawis in Syria and Hatay but they are different groups) in Turkey are Kurds?
Sry i missed this question, no this isnt true, majority of Alevis are Turks, here from Wiki:

• "The Alevi constitute the second-largest religious community in Turkey (following the Sunnis), and number some 25% (15 million) of the total population (Alevis claim 30%–40%). Most (?) Alevis are ethnic and linguistic Turks, mainly of Turkmen descent from Central and Eastern Anatolia. Some 20% of Alevis are Kurds (though most Kurds are Sunni), and some 25% of Kurds in Turkey are Alevi (Kurmanji and Zaza speakers)." —David Zeidan.[58]

Back
Top Bottom