What's new

Erdogan calls the PM forces a terrorists that flamed the social media with Iraqis replies harshly.

Just saw this question, the Ashura day is being celebrated inofficially where people make the traditional dish called Asure, its a quite widespread tradition, my relatives for exsample make this dish on this day and they are all sunni.

1.20141103131652.jpg
So how you celebrate it I mean your family?.

So how you celebrate it I mean your family?.
Not really a celebration but a comemoration as a holy day, as said the traditional Asure dish is being served to families and friends, also some organisations hand out the dish in public, thats about it.
Is it really such a huge influence on our culture? I genuinely don't know.
Some Turks donate blood on that day, Turkish Red Crescent has campains regarding this on Ashura.

Southern Iraq
Shia not only in the south they're dominating the center too for instance Baghdad mostly Shia going north diala province mainly Shia kerkuk half of it Shia talaafer majority Shia.

So it's not only south as you think.

@xenon54 fair enough, you guys should know this more than me (obvious reasons) if Ashura and Karbala plays a big role in Turkish culture among non-Shia Turks. I was not aware of this if true.
The thing with religious days is most Turks don even know what those stand for exactly, the same goes for Ashura, people just follow their traditions passed over generations, the day is being celebrated different than Shia regions, as said at most blood is being donated and food served thats it.

Not really a celebration but a comemoration as a holy day, as said the traditional Asure dish is being served to families and friends, also some organisations hand out the dish in public, thats about it.
Sorry but is it with some sadness or happiness?.

Back
Top Bottom