What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

1692205372458.png
1692205390496.png

Anyone ever see this camo configuration on EAF Mi-17? This camo was supposedly used in an exercise in Sudan 2021. @joker88 ?

SUDAN-EGYPT-MILITARY-DRILL​

An Egyptian Air Force Mil Mi-17 military helicopter flies by during the "Guardians of the Nile" joint military drill between Egypt and Sudan in the Um Sayyala area, northwest of Khartoum, on May 31, 2021. (Photo by ASHRAF SHAZLY / AFP) (Photo by ASHRAF SHAZLY/AFP via Getty Images)

1692225416899.png

Source.

1692225654342.png

The Egyptian M2000 are already flying?

You mean still flying? Yes, for now and probably at least until the 2nd order of Rafales start coming in.

They definitely maintain them well and have been since 1981! 42 years. They've obviously been through several overhauls. I used to have pics of one of these 4 Mirage 2K BMs completely stripped and new SNECMA M53 engines being installed.

This pic was taken a few years ago during exercise Medusa in Greece with the HAF. And speaking of Greece, the EAF 2000s were fitted with certain Greek avionics, mainly a digital display I believe. I'll try to look for it.

1692278511449.png

Not too sure about this, but legend has it that a couple of the BMs like in this pic were the ones used in some of the raids in Libya because of the insignias being covered by washable paint. The one in my first post you quoted with that cool-looking EW pod was also being fitted to take place in Libya should the "Al Sisi Red Line" be crossed.

1692279151302.png

I spoke about the average losses of the MIG-29, not the drones

I could've sworn you were referring to the UAVs and the number of destroyed units was incredible. That's what made me remember it so well was the exorbitant loss of units. Maybe it was an error, but you don't usually make those. It was in one of the threads you opened, similar to the LIFT Aircraft for Egypt one. I'll have to spend some time and look for it, maybe I am wrong. Wouldn't be the first time! lol

Top secret Egyptian nuclear warheads

This has been an interesting subject without a doubt. I still think that if the CIA came out with that report and the nukes are still in Egypt, the neighbors would've been crying and screaming and taking temper tantrums like you wouldn't believe it!

giphy.gif

:D

They haven't done anything of the sort, so I'm thinking that even if the report is accurate (which I think it is,) then they were returned to the Soviet Union at some point, at least by the time the peace treaty took effect.

Get a load of this video

Yea I saw that the day before you posted it. Someone on Twitter posted it and said he didn't agree with the entire video but most of it was pretty much spot on. I think Egypt missed out on the military option and should've done it while it was being constructed. Now that it's ready for its 4th and final filling, it's really too late for that option which leaves only pulling off a special forces seizing and occupying it (which would be extremely difficult and costly) or sticking to the diplomatic method but upping the ante. He mentions both countries suffering from major economic crisis which I'm not sure is accurate. Yes there are difficulties, but crisis? What do you think Egypt should do?

Highly advanced drones and armored vehicles.. Watch Egypt's huge leaps in the military industries

Back
Top Bottom