What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Interesting that they're bringing their M88As considering the EGY Army operates 220+ A1s and over 80 A2s, so there wouldn't be any shortages of that specific recovery vehicle so they would've had more room to bring more M1A2 Tusk Main Battle Tanks. Even better would be to agree on a major upgrade for all the M1As in service with the EGY Army, especially with the Chobham armor and other defensive equipment.

Those A2s with the Tusk ERA.

1692728897520.png

The Tusk explosive reactive armor comes in a package. I wonder what the US army will keep it or end up ending its usage once they outfit all their armored vehicles with APS. Or keep it on top of having APS as an additional protective layer.

1692728921961.png

@Foinikas why did US embargo Cyprus for arms deals?
I don't know why they had an embargo for decades,but they lifted it. Theoretically the Greek Cypriots could order American weapons and equipment. If they want.

They have to get rid some Russian stuff,because the Tor-M1,Buk M1-2 and BMP-3s will eventually run out of spare parts and ammunition. And they still haven't sold the 11 Mi-24P I think.

I could've sworn you were referring to the UAVs and the number of destroyed units was incredible. That's what made me remember it so well was the exorbitant loss of units. Maybe it was an error, but you don't usually make those. It was in one of the threads you opened, similar to the LIFT Aircraft for Egypt one. I'll have to spend some time and look for it, maybe I am wrong. Wouldn't be the first time! lol

This has been an interesting subject without a doubt. I still think that if the CIA came out with that report and the nukes are still in Egypt, the neighbors would've been crying and screaming and taking temper tantrums like you wouldn't believe it!

giphy.gif

:D

They haven't done anything of the sort, so I'm thinking that even if the report is accurate (which I think it is,) then they were returned to the Soviet Union at some point, at least by the time the peace treaty took effect.

Yea I saw that the day before you posted it. Someone on Twitter posted it and said he didn't agree with the entire video but most of it was pretty much spot on. I think Egypt missed out on the military option and should've done it while it was being constructed. Now that it's ready for its 4th and final filling, it's really too late for that option which leaves only pulling off a special forces seizing and occupying it (which would be extremely difficult and costly) or sticking to the diplomatic method but upping the ante. He mentions both countries suffering from major economic crisis which I'm not sure is accurate. Yes there are difficulties, but crisis? What do you think Egypt should do?
What i dont understand is why the emiratis would prevent us from achieving what we need to get done if it comes down to that

He mentions both countries suffering from major economic crisis which I'm not sure is accurate. Yes there are difficulties, but crisis? What do you think Egypt should do?
It is true we are in a economical crisis (inshallah we will be gonna good again) but it is ya Gomig, inflation is SKYROCKETING (it is like between 40 to 50%) plus we aren't a productive country which means we imports a lot of our goods, our currency is getting devaluated everyday, there is no foreign currency (1$=40EGP in the black market) . If you travel to Egypt you will understand what I meant. So let's pray for the best for our country.

It is true we are in a economical crisis (inshallah we will be gonna good again) but it is ya Gomig, inflation is SKYROCKETING (it is like between 40 to 50%) plus we aren't a productive country which means we imports a lot of our goods, our currency is getting devaluated everyday, there is no foreign currency (1$=40EGP in the black market) . If you travel to Egypt you will understand what I meant. So let's pray for the best for our country.

I'm very well aware of what's going on in Egypt ya basha. You have to understand the usage/meaning of the words and the context. Portraying it as a "crisis" is almost equating it to something like a depression. That is a crisis or close to it. What is happening is much more like a recession which almost the entire world is going through.

You also have to understand the context of the video that it needs to exaggerate certain aspects to make the presentation more conflicting. If he was to say "Egypt is currently experiencing a recession" doesn't sound as alarming as "Egypt is currently in an economic crisis." Maybe this explains it better.

I'm very well aware of what's going on in Egypt ya basha. You have to understand the usage/meaning of the words and the context. Portraying it as a "crisis" is almost equating it to something like a depression. That is a crisis or close to it. What is happening is much more like a recession which almost the entire world is going through.

You also have to understand the context of the video that it needs to exaggerate certain aspects to make the presentation more conflicting. If he was to say "Egypt is currently experiencing a recession" doesn't sound as alarming as "Egypt is currently in an economic crisis." Maybe this explains it better.
We are sadly in a big economic crisis that will fade not easily maybe it will take at least 5 years to just seeing the cessation of the crisis. El nas mesh adra khales. And he is true, both Ethiopia and Egypt can't start a war because it can't support the war effort.

Serbian MoD in Egypt – another step towards Rafale acquirement?​

21st August 2023 Jacek Domański MILITARY AVIATION

1693009192220.png

At the beginning of August 2023, the Serbian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence Miloš Vučević paid an official visit in the Arab Republic of Egypt. During that visit, the Serbian MoD and his delegation met with the highest Egyptian authorities, as well as visited the 203rd Tactical Fighter Wing in Gebel El Basur.

The 203rd Tactical Fighter Wing, or more precisely, the 34th Squadron being part of the Wing, is currently the sole unit of the Egyptian Air Force being equipped with French-made, Dassault Rafale multirole jet fighters.

In 2015, Egypt ordered twenty-four Rafale fighters, therefore becoming the first export customer for that type of aircraft. The order was placed for sixteen DM (two-seat) and eight EM (single-seat) airplanes that were then delivered until the end of 2019.

Then, in 2022, the country decided to extend its Rafale fleet by ordering another batch of thirty aircraft. The second purchase means the Rafale will soon become the second most numerous jet fighter with the Egyptian Air Force, with F-16 Fighting Falcon being still the first.

In March of 2023, the fleet of Egyptian Rafale jets officially celebrated its 10,000 flight hours mark.

During his visit at Gebel El Basur air base, the Serbian MoD and his accompanying delegation met with personnel of the Egyptian Air Force and get learned about Rafale aircraft and its role with the country´s air force, as well as get acquainted with training facilities and flight simulator.

1693009268377.png

Source.

I remember back in the old days, about 10-15 years ago there were actually several sources to keep up to date and see a lot of pictures from the Bright Star exercises, locally and internationally from several of the countries participating. It's very strange that nowadays, when the posting of photos online is much more relaxed as far as the EGY military is concerned that there are less pics to find and see online, even as the exercise took a radical sabbatical for a while. Usually, we'd still see many pics.

Hopefully this year ISA there will be lots of pics and even videos.
Bright Star begins on August 31st to September 14th.
Participants from 34 countries including Greece, France, Saudiya, UAE, Italy, Nigeria, Qatar, South Africa, the United States who's the largest participant and more.

Hey @Zarvan & @Chakib Caesar larbi and @The SC , can either of you fellas (or anyone else interested in this rather interesting video) identify the firearm with the forward swing pistol for seeing and being able to fire around blind corners at minute 210 - 214 of this video featuring the EGY Hostage Rescue Unit. Some other pretty cool gadgets too like the door penetrating assault stick and RCRV going up the stairs.

1693060733421.png

1693060756481.png

Hey @Zarvan & @Chakib Caesar larbi and @The SC , can either of you fellas (or anyone else interested in this rather interesting video) identify the firearm with the forward swing pistol for seeing and being able to fire around blind corners at minute 210 - 214 of this video featuring the EGY Hostage Rescue Unit. Some other pretty cool gadgets too like the door penetrating assault stick and RCRV going up the stairs.

View attachment 948839
View attachment 948840
1693062461417.jpeg

Corner Shot is essentially a hinged chassis, into which a pistol such as a Glock, Beretta 92, or other handgun is installed. A video camera is boresighted to the pistol, providing a live feed to the shooter, and a built-in tactical light provides illumination in dark spaces. There is a separate provision for installing a visible aiming laser.

Back
Top Bottom