What's new

Does the Muslim community deserve the hate they're getting ?

I don't know what's more disturbing; The fact we have a topic on whether it is acceptable to hate members of a particular religion and if they "deserve it" or the self hating responses within it.

Needless to say i've reported it.

I don't know what's more disturbing; The fact we have a topic on whether it is acceptable to hate members of a particular religion and if they "deserve it" or the self hating responses within it.

There are some self-hating losers here. Unfortunately.

You should never hate a group judge people on their individual merits might sound soft but all communities have their good and bad.

Here is the issue.
The issue exists with ALL Abrahamic religions. In fact Judaism would probably count as one that promotes genocide - if you go by the book. The calls for violence are far more there. But Jews - they hardly follow their religion. There is a cultural affinity - the adherence to the fact that yeh pura Divine hai - ise manna hi padega... that idea is not there.

Same with Christianity. Christianity has not evolved. The Pope has tried (and tries) but institutionally the Church remains a regressive force promoting hate for homosexuals, calling other faiths heathens and so on. But Christians have changed and become ... more accommodating. It has an advantage though - Jesus (by all accounts) was a good natured hippie (by today's standards) and that is a very good thing if peace and tolerance is taken into account.

With Islam the problem is similar to the two above. The Moderate 'Muslims' exist because they water down their obligations - with some excuses and some - what they call...being practical. The so called extremists are actually following it EXACTLY as the 'rightly guided' ones did 1400 years back. It makes two equally damaging (for the rest of the world) claims - one is that it is the FINAL message (meaning no reform is possible) and second is that there is no OTHER GOD but Allah. That removes ANY chance for a common meeting ground of different religions. To do that both sides need to compromise. I can ask a Muslim to accept my form of worship to be equivalent to his/hers. But that would violate his/her first pillar - the Tawheed. Those not well educated about theology may go ahead and shake hands. But it is the more educated among the Muslims who are the ones who become so called terrorist masterminds.

The problem with asking for reform also comes from this. There can be no reform because - IT IS THE FINAL message and FOR ALL TIME. Reformists will have to dilute the message, thereby making themselves apostates in the process.

As defined in the book.
The majority of people are good/better.

You are delinking one of the biggest strengths of Islam.
The risk to reform and apostasy.

could see traces of sam harris in this post. very well articulated.

According to the Qur'an, the only religion acceptable to Allah is Islam.

What is your point?

Islam and Hinduism are not equal. When you accept Islam, you accept Islam as the only truth.

That should have been obvious.
how about abrahamic religions? christianity in particular?

if you havent done anything wrong youve nothing to explain and its not your fault. they just need a fall guy for their own mess they got nothing on us
one way or the other a strong stereo type is being created. it is getting a bit difficult to counter extremist ideology on both sides. we really ought to take a collective stand on the issue and be able to reason without mud slinging anywhere. but that seem a distant vision as of now.. sigh.

Welcome to 1939. Most of Europe had the same attitude about Jews and gypsies. Take it back a few hundred years and western Europe had the same attitude about Catholics and protestants, depending on which side of the divide they fall on.

It's not your fault, this is what you are fed by the media.

I don't mean to be disrespectful when I ask this but how old are you? You shouldn't say your exact age, but an age range will help me explain my point of view better.

15-20
20-25
25-30
30-40
40-50

I accept if you don't wish to provide such detail on a public forum.

I'm 18. Now please explain the relevance of what you just said.

The west is right when they generalize us as extremists.
Right or wrong - that is difficult to say. Their (and in fact ours as well) response is knee jerk. There needs to be a deeper understanding of the various forces at work.
For instance - racist white supremacists can be talked around with more education. Their hatred stems from insecurity and impressions of past glory. So called Islamists take inspiration from the same book that so called Liberal Muslims do. Only the latter quote more from the Meccan verses while the former do from the Medinan. In fact, theologically and strictly speaking - the former actually are more 'correct'.

The solution is a difficult one. It can be summed up thus - stop following it to the letter. Which unfortunately translates into stop following it altogether. Parallels with Christianity and more importantly Judaism can be drawn to get more insights. Even today orthodox Jews are ... plainly put... quite ... never mind. :D

According to the Qur'an, the only religion acceptable to Allah is Islam.

What is your point?

Islam and Hinduism are not equal. When you accept Islam, you accept Islam as the only truth.

That should have been obvious.

Accepting Islam shouldn't mean you close your eyes to rest of the world. This is exactly what's wrong with the muslim world right now. We think what we say an do is what's written in stone for the other 6 billion people on the planet.

Oh no :(.

We need to start loving Taliban and daesh too now. Let's start hugging the enemy instead of killing him. Both are going to explode anyway.

You should never hate a group judge people on their individual merits might sound soft but all communities have their good and bad.
could see traces of sam harris in this post. very well articulated.

how about abrahamic religions? christianity in particular?
Accepting Islam shouldn't mean you close your eyes to rest of the world. This is exactly what's wrong with the muslim world right now. We think what we say an do is what's written in stone for the other 6 billion people on the planet.
You made no sense at all.

When a person accepts Islam, that person has to believe that Islam is the ONLY truth.

There is no if and buts about this.

You can't be a muslim and a buddhist at the same time. If you are a muslim you can only be a muslim.

Here is the issue.
The issue exists with ALL Abrahamic religions. In fact Judaism would probably count as one that promotes genocide - if you go by the book. The calls for violence are far more there. But Jews - they hardly follow their religion. There is a cultural affinity - the adherence to the fact that yeh pura Divine hai - ise manna hi padega... that idea is not there.

Same with Christianity. Christianity has not evolved. The Pope has tried (and tries) but institutionally the Church remains a regressive force promoting hate for homosexuals, calling other faiths heathens and so on. But Christians have changed and become ... more accommodating. It has an advantage though - Jesus (by all accounts) was a good natured hippie (by today's standards) and that is a very good thing if peace and tolerance is taken into account.

With Islam the problem is similar to the two above. The Moderate 'Muslims' exist because they water down their obligations - with some excuses and some - what they call...being practical. The so called extremists are actually following it EXACTLY as the 'rightly guided' ones did 1400 years back. It makes two equally damaging (for the rest of the world) claims - one is that it is the FINAL message (meaning no reform is possible) and second is that there is no OTHER GOD but Allah. That removes ANY chance for a common meeting ground of different religions. To do that both sides need to compromise. I can ask a Muslim to accept my form of worship to be equivalent to his/hers. But that would violate his/her first pillar - the Tawheed. Those not well educated about theology may go ahead and shake hands. But it is the more educated among the Muslims who are the ones who become so called terrorist masterminds.

The problem with asking for reform also comes from this. There can be no reform because - IT IS THE FINAL message and FOR ALL TIME. Reformists will have to dilute the message, thereby making themselves apostates in the process.
Yep, it is exactly this supremacist unaccommodating illiberal aspect of that reigion that is the problem, it is a complete contradiction to the liberal dharmic/eastern spirtitual world view. At it's core, it does not preach equality, tollerance and love, it is conquest driven and based on the hatered of the "filthy" idolator pagan, even "people of the book" are not spared.

last and perfected filtered final word of the only true god before the world ends :rolleyes:, with this it tries to nullify all other ideolgies and "religions" that came before it.

an ancient Arab control system, I'd advise people to do small doses if they must, or reject it outright and be free from soul aids/cancer/ebola because that's what it does to anyone who gets too addicted to the 7th century arab lifestyle.

Last edited:

That goes for suicide bombers as well, I suppose???
Some groups are defined by their purpose.
You make a statement by joining the group.

Not all groups are like that, of course.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom