What's new

Does Balochistan FC lacks ambush training ?

arif hamza

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I've been watching some videos on a website called funker530.com showing FC personnel ambushed by BLA.
Some of these videos are very graphic to watch.
One thing I noticed is that in every video, soldiers lacked basic first moves such as finding proper cover, preparing a combined retaliation. Or fleeing the ambushed area as fast as you can if you're vehiculed.
In one heart breaking video, FC soldiers receive a sniper attack than the QRF is lured into a dry river nest surrounded by high cliffs where BLA dogs are waiting for them. Once the soldiers enter the ambush area, they are charged with light fire and RPG's, they have no other choice than running back for their lives leaving behind casualties.
Similarly a vehicled army convoy receives RPG fire and instead of crossing the ambushed area as fast as possible, soldiers stop their convoy under the mercy of enemy fire causing several casualties.
Most of these precious lives could have been saved with proper training and vehicles other than Toyota pickups.

What are your thoughts ?

I've been watching some videos on a website called funker530.com showing FC personnel ambushed by BLA.
One thing I noticed is that in every video, soldiers lacked basic first moves such as finding proper cover, preparing a combined retaliation. Or fleeing the ambushed area as fast as you can if you're vehiculed.
In one heart breaking video, FC soldiers receive a sniper attack than the QRF is lured into a dry river nest surrounded by high cliffs where BLA dogs are waiting for them. Once the soldiers enter the ambush area, they are charged with light fire and RPG's, they have no other choice than running back for their lives leaving behind casualties.
Similarly a vehicled army convoy receives RPG fire and instead of crossing the ambushed area as fast as possible, soldiers stop their convoy under the mercy of enemy fire causing several casualties.
Most of these precious lives could have been saved with proper training and vehicles other than Toyota pickups.

What are your thoughts ?
I hope you are never ambushed in life,no amount of training and nerves would save you if geography is being pitted against you.
Your point about vehicals is valid,almost half of work of terrorits have been made easy by these tin cans in last many years.

Murphy’s Laws of Combat 18 :
" If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush. "

I have seen a couple of the BLA videos. The one which I saw, BLA militants ambushed a convoy going through some valley in the open.

I think there's little that can be done if you're ambushed when there's no place to take cover. In the video, I think there were 4 personnel, 2 died on the spot, 1 tried to take cover behind the vehicle and tried to search for them but got shot from another angle, apparently BLA was shooting from multiple angles and were taking cover in mountainous terrain, 1 tried to make the run for it to the nearest cover spot.

What are your thoughts ?

I have seen a lot of those video's sadly. Sadly, our FC Personal aren't provided adequate equipment along with Armour Personal Carriers (APC) on top of that Armed Drones need to be provided for Air Support under control of FC Units with Thermal Imaging Capability.

What are your thoughts ?
Most of the BLA videos are fake. They label Houthi ambush of Saudis as BLA attacks on FC. Take a critical approach to what you see and read on the internet.

Most of the BLA videos are fake. They label Houthi ambush of Saudis as BLA attacks on FC. Take a critical approach to what you see and read on the internet.

Some things are clearly distinguishable by language, vehicle, logo and uniform.

I have seen a lot of those video's sadly. Sadly, our FC Personal aren't provided adequate equipment along with Armour Personal Carriers (APC) on top of that Armed Drones need to be provided for Air Support under control of FC Units with Thermal Imaging Capability.

100% they need thermal imaging drones, and srmored vehicles.

We can't put all blame on geography and thin things. This has been happening for a very long time, perhaps 2 decades. Authorities responsible should've been prepared to deal with this kind of warfare by now. It is not like FC is fighting them in foreign lands.

People have been saying for years to replace the crappy Toyota hilux with ied armoured vehicles. I dont know why the army has been dragging its feet on the issue for so long.

Come ooon man let's face, Houthis dont speak Balochi nor Urdu and Saudis don't wear pakistani flags on their vehicles !

A lot of them are actual BLA videos with Balochi songs, flags and spoke Balochi

I have seen in the last 3 years videos to the contrary, the hunters have become the hunted, believe me the amount of ferraris have been decimated.

Amount of distrust has increased so much that the groups are regularly slaughtering each other.

Unfortunately the learning curve amongst the Police and Paramilitary have been slower in COIN, but are now bearing fruit.

What are your thoughts ?
Effectively countering an ambush, particularly in mountainous rocky terrain is extremely difficult given the space constraint, being fired from all sides by various caliber weapons. Also, most well planned ambushes are designed to initially cripple the mobility of troops by and pinning the forces down with no escape zones. There are several instances where US or NATO forces couldn't counter some ambushes in Afghanistan despite drone cover/air-support

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom