What's new

Does Balochistan FC lacks ambush training ?

Wow! Good to have your company again!!!!

I was a visitor at PDF, and came across your posts several times. Nice to see you here. Obviously you mentioned there were huge problems on the Western border then, it was like a war had been imposed. How would you rate the situation now?

I would say that A-stan war was a "Syrian-styled" war imposed on Pakistan to weaken Pakistan and to disintegrate it. But the opposite has happened. Pakistan has actually come out of this war militarily much stronger. What would you say?

Also, I am not sure if you mentioned this (or it might have be another member) that there were flying objects on the Afghan border which could only been seen via infrared?

There are vehicles available on the market which offer high levels of off road mobility, ballistic protection and firepower.

Protecting the crew is just one aspect, as you've correctly pointed out.

What we need is a sustainable, long term COIN strategy which defines our acquisitions, training, armament, intelligence and tactics. I say that because Balochistan is a geopolitical threat to India and therefore there is always going to be one terrorist group or another to carry out their mercenary work in Balochistan.

Keeping this in view, we must work with our partners like China, Turkey etc to develop solutions which can adequately respond to emerging threats. This can involve the development of the required vehicles, armament, weapons, training and airborne assets.

Baseline is: Its a numbers game. The best way to avoid ambushes is to ambush first. Threats should be predicted and engaged before they can punch holes in a Toyota hilux. When these militants start to receive unacceptable casualties in places they hardly expect to be engaged, they'll have to abandon a long list of ambush options.

Actually, another problem with MRAPs, APCs, IFVs, or any other vehicle is that, an intelligent enemy can then always predict your likely routes of move, line of operation etc. IT basically makes us predictable, this thing has damaged us alot, in Swat, SWA etc....Its always easy to waylaid a vehicle convoy into ambush in this manner, a road bend, good road block, mines on both sides so that vehicles cannot leave the road and get destroyed if they try, while the victims trapped in straight line.

Just remove the swords from your present rank.

Wow, ma sha Allah, congrats major sab. :) bet you have a lot of frontline stories to tell...kabhi fursat say gap karain gey...
I was a visitor at PDF, and came across your posts several times. Nice to see you here. Obviously you mentioned there were huge problems on the Western border then, it was like a war had been imposed. How would you rate the situation now?

I would say that A-stan war was a "Syrian-styled" war imposed on Pakistan to weaken Pakistan and to disintegrate it. But the opposite has happened. Pakistan has actually come out of this war militarily much stronger. What would you say?

Also, I am not sure if you mentioned this (or it might have be another member) that there were flying objects on the Afghan border which could only been seen via infrared?
Quiet peaceful on the western border i must say, an IED attack there, am ambush somewhere else, trickle of casualties , these things will continue well into the future till the fencing is compete and border control / management mechanisms are in place.

Afghanistan has always been our backyard which others try to exploit, in this case the NDS-RAW nexus is there. End state matters, the prevailing peace still has some artificiality visible to the critical eye. It is still not self-sustaining, which it needs to be at the end. For that, apart from military all national, provincial institutions need to work. Military cant sustain this alone. We are trained and paid to fight someone else, somewhere else.

Aah yes, those flying objects, i remember them..... odd but interesting times back then. Tough but good memories, its been almost 9 yrs now since it started.

There are vehicles available on the market which offer high levels of off road mobility, ballistic protection and firepower.

Protecting the crew is just one aspect, as you've correctly pointed out.

What we need is a sustainable, long term COIN strategy which defines our acquisitions, training, armament, intelligence and tactics. I say that because Balochistan is a geopolitical threat to India and therefore there is always going to be one terrorist group or another to carry out their mercenary work in Balochistan.

Keeping this in view, we must work with our partners like China, Turkey etc to develop solutions which can adequately respond to emerging threats. This can involve the development of the required vehicles, armament, weapons, training and airborne assets.

Baseline is: Its a numbers game. The best way to avoid ambushes is to ambush first. Threats should be predicted and engaged before they can punch holes in a Toyota hilux. When these militants start to receive unacceptable casualties in places they hardly expect to be engaged, they'll have to abandon a long list of ambush options.

Protection apart, but then no matter how good x-country mobility you may have, you cannot climb a steep mountain in a vehicle on a virgin track or trail. There, the terrorists take advantage, since they can then clearly distinguish the reach of COIN forces based on mobility. This is then which we aim to negate, like by employing heli-borne forces, having good mobility, able to reach anywhere, can be dropped anywhere.

What i have seen is that strategy is already there, pretty good, but then thats where the economy comes in, which provides you the means to achieve the desired end state.

You have to quantify the economic aspect in relation to the projected output CPEC is going to have on your economy in the next 50 years.

As I've elaborated earlier, a COIN strategy will be holistic and not confined to the use of armored MRAPs.

Bottom line is that we need to militarily defeat these mercenaries to a point that they can no longer offer anything tangible to their paymasters. For that we need to transform FC to operate under these goals. They should be equipped, trained and supported. Stability in Balochistan will also pay off economically.

Quiet peaceful on the western border i must say, an IED attack there, am ambush somewhere else, trickle of casualties , these things will continue well into the future till the fencing is compete and border control / management mechanisms are in place.

Afghanistan has always been our backyard which others try to exploit, in this case the NDS-RAW nexus is there. End state matters, the prevailing peace still has some artificiality visible to the critical eye. It is still not self-sustaining, which it needs to be at the end. For that, apart from military all national, provincial institutions need to work. Military cant sustain this alone. We are trained and paid to fight someone else, somewhere else.

Aah yes, those flying objects, i remember them..... odd but interesting times back then. Tough but good memories, its been almost 9 yrs now since it started.

Protection apart, but then no matter how good x-country mobility you may have, you cannot climb a steep mountain in a vehicle on a virgin track or trail. There, the terrorists take advantage, since they can then clearly distinguish the reach of COIN forces based on mobility. This is then which we aim to negate, like by employing heli-borne forces, having good mobility, able to reach anywhere, can be dropped anywhere.

What i have seen is that strategy is already there, pretty good, but then thats where the economy comes in, which provides you the means to achieve the desired end state.

Soldiers simply can't strike back if they are travelling in those tin boxes. Toyota Hilux gives massive advantage to militants who want to ambush us.

Need drone recon in air (long visibility) , and ground patrol need to be done in secure vehicle

Few Suggestions to increase survival rate.
1 Ask Private companies to locally build Armed Vehicle H.I.T taxila can help it will keep the cost lower , Pakistan can order in large numbers so Private companies can support themselves and offer more and better options in future.
2nd Because of the area and WOT Pakistan needs to increase its drone capabilities and its usage High Threat area should be regularly monitored and with drones tracking will make life easier as well.
3 Instead of sending single vehicle send in smaller groups and with mravs Atleast survival chance will increase and soldiers can fire back safely until QRF comes.
4 Decrease the response time for QRF.
5 Close the Supply chain thats the best way to cut off these organisations find the sources who are funding them, go against them.
6 Increase state sponsored activities for Baloch Youth, Education given to everyone , Sport activities at remote level , Job security and development of the remote area this will drastically stop people from joining these groups.

@PanzerKiel where is will there is way:

My suggestion is a LRRP equipped with cheap mini drones and supported by locally-made gun trucks, equipped with 60 mm Mortar, and 4 x 12.7mm AA gun, these trucks can be built on chassis of the Hino trucks.

A long-range reconnaissance patrol, or LRRP , is a small, well-armed reconnaissance team that patrols deep in enemy-held territory.

acepastpresentfuture_0.jpg

Forget drones, you need attack helicopters in Balochistan to finish off BLA once and for all

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom