What's new

Does Balochistan FC lacks ambush training ?

Watching the BLA videos I also noticed the same. One important thing is to replace these toyotas with APC and IFV but this task is also difficult given budget constraints. Balochistan is really vast and getting a big amount of armored vehicles might not be possible. We may have to go through some hybrid approach we need to look for low cost armored vehicles

Watching the BLA videos I also noticed the same. One important thing is to replace these toyotas with APC and IFV but this task is also difficult given budget constraints. Balochistan is really vast and getting a big amount of armored vehicles might not be possible. We may have to go through some hybrid approach we need to look for low cost armored vehicles
APCs and IFVs is not a solution, apart from their cost, there are maintenance issues first, arranging their POL, spares, workshops in far flung, deserted areas is another issue (Balochistan is after all 44% of Pakistan, almost half the country)....
War means casualties, these ambushes will happen, those who make through it always have a lot to learn, we used to say that no matter how trained you are, but once the firing starts on you, the bullets they teach you alot, life-time lessons, and then in the future engagements, you are not likely to panic.....
Obviously we dont have a mechanism in order to share what we do with BLA terrorists, like they post their videos and we dont make / post....but just on a lighter side, its always a treat to watch what a combination of 81 mm mortars and 12.7 mm MG do to them.....real treat to watch....

Is there any plan for a high-tempo operation against these militants in South BLN?
APCs and IFVs is not a solution, apart from their cost, there are maintenance issues first, arranging their POL, spares, workshops in far flung, deserted areas is another issue (Balochistan is after all 44% of Pakistan, almost half the country)....
War means casualties, these ambushes will happen, those who make through it always have a lot to learn, we used to say that no matter how trained you are, but once the firing starts on you, the bullets they teach you alot, life-time lessons, and then in the future engagements, you are not likely to panic.....
Obviously we dont have a mechanism in order to share what we do with BLA terrorists, like they post their videos and we dont make / post....but just on a lighter side, its always a treat to watch what a combination of 81 mm mortars and 12.7 mm MG do to them.....real treat to watch....

I have seen a lot of those video's sadly. Sadly, our FC Personal aren't provided adequate equipment along with Armour Personal Carriers (APC) on top of that Armed Drones need to be provided for Air Support under control of FC Units with Thermal Imaging Capability.
You'll be surprised the quality of equipment and arms/ammo they have.....as a regular army officer, i always envy them...

Is there any plan for a high-tempo operation against these militants in South BLN?
Who said it isnt happening?:-)

I've been watching some videos on a website called funker530.com showing FC personnel ambushed by BLA.
Some of these videos are very graphic to watch.
One thing I noticed is that in every video, soldiers lacked basic first moves such as finding proper cover, preparing a combined retaliation. Or fleeing the ambushed area as fast as you can if you're vehiculed.
In one heart breaking video, FC soldiers receive a sniper attack than the QRF is lured into a dry river nest surrounded by high cliffs where BLA dogs are waiting for them. Once the soldiers enter the ambush area, they are charged with light fire and RPG's, they have no other choice than running back for their lives leaving behind casualties.
Similarly a vehicled army convoy receives RPG fire and instead of crossing the ambushed area as fast as possible, soldiers stop their convoy under the mercy of enemy fire causing several casualties.
Most of these precious lives could have been saved with proper training and vehicles other than Toyota pickups.

What are your thoughts ?
Actually, in my humble opinion, there is something else important which is missed while watching these vids. That is, the loc from which these vids and ambushed are being conducted. Good vantage points, dominating the area all around.....my point is simple, in this type of terrain, if you havent secured the heights around before moving in, be sure of an ambush.....someone always sits on those heights, either those or us....whoever sits, dominates.....

they are doing such attacks with support from india so it is better to increase such attacks on indian army in kashmir and other regions of india for effective response

....sorry, i missed before, another lethal combination is a C130 Star Saffire on the top giving you real time video feed to an artillery observer, the observer relaying the coordinates to artillery gin positions.....you actually see the terrorists running around with the artillery shells following them, quiet a sight!

I've been watching some videos on a website called funker530.com showing FC personnel ambushed by BLA.
Some of these videos are very graphic to watch.
One thing I noticed is that in every video, soldiers lacked basic first moves such as finding proper cover, preparing a combined retaliation. Or fleeing the ambushed area as fast as you can if you're vehiculed.
In one heart breaking video, FC soldiers receive a sniper attack than the QRF is lured into a dry river nest surrounded by high cliffs where BLA dogs are waiting for them. Once the soldiers enter the ambush area, they are charged with light fire and RPG's, they have no other choice than running back for their lives leaving behind casualties.
Similarly a vehicled army convoy receives RPG fire and instead of crossing the ambushed area as fast as possible, soldiers stop their convoy under the mercy of enemy fire causing several casualties.
Most of these precious lives could have been saved with proper training and vehicles other than Toyota pickups.

What are your thoughts ?
One more thing, though not always, it always seems like the vehicles have stopped for no purpose (there could be shot which may have disabled it), but procedure says that you always exit it fast, its a lethal box, which if blown, can take a whole section strength with it, so one should exit fast, and of course, then there are anti ambush and counter ambush drills which come into play. Casualties are part of such things......they donot deter us, its all in the line of duty, but professionalism demands that you donot let the other party achieve what they came for, and ensure they pay a heavy price for even trying.

You'll be surprised the quality of equipment and arms/ammo they have.....as a regular army officer, i always envy them...

Who said it isnt happening?:-)

Actually, in my humble opinion, there is something else important which is missed while watching these vids. That is, the loc from which these vids and ambushed are being conducted. Good vantage points, dominating the area all around.....my point is simple, in this type of terrain, if you havent secured the heights around before moving in, be sure of an ambush.....someone always sits on those heights, either those or us....whoever sits, dominates.....
Dude...glad to see ya back safe n sound brother...its me, rungroot from the old PDF...

It has to do with dominating the higher ground, route clearance, situational awareness and armored vehicles. Once we receive those new drones, it'll become much harder for militants to operate on the mountains. They'll be seen, heard and engaged first. The option to equip the FC with MRAPs might be expensive, but it is also quite sustainable in the long run. MRAPs will not only protect against small arms fire but also have the ability to engage the militants with remote weapon station, so the crew does not need to disembark.

Another key aspect is ELR sniping capability, which may prove pivotal in turning the table on ambushes. With a mix of technology, training, equipment and strategy, eventually it'll be the militants who'd be walking into ambushes.

It has to do with dominating the higher ground, route clearance, situational awareness and armored vehicles. Once we receive those new drones, it'll become much harder for militants to operate on the mountains. They'll be seen, heard and engaged first. The option to equip the FC with MRAPs might be expensive, but it is also quite sustainable in the long run. MRAPs will not only protect against small arms fire but also have the ability to engage the militants with remote weapon station, so the crew does not need to disembark.

Another key aspect is ELR sniping capability, which may prove pivotal in turning the table on ambushes. With a mix of technology, training, equipment and strategy, eventually it'll be the militants who'd be walking into ambushes.
Actually, another problem with MRAPs, APCs, IFVs, or any other vehicle is that, an intelligent enemy can then always predict your likely routes of move, line of operation etc. IT basically makes us predictable, this thing has damaged us alot, in Swat, SWA etc....Its always easy to waylaid a vehicle convoy into ambush in this manner, a road bend, good road block, mines on both sides so that vehicles cannot leave the road and get destroyed if they try, while the victims trapped in straight line.

Ma sha Allah... what's the rank now?
Just remove the swords from your present rank.

Actually, another problem with MRAPs, APCs, IFVs, or any other vehicle is that, an intelligent enemy can then always predict your likely routes of move, line of operation etc. IT basically makes us predictable, this thing has damaged us alot, in Swat, SWA etc....Its always easy to waylaid a vehicle convoy into ambush in this manner, a road bend, good road block, mines on both sides so that vehicles cannot leave the road and get destroyed if they try, while the victims trapped in straight line.

Just remove the swords from your present rank.
Wow, ma sha Allah, congrats major sab. :) bet you have a lot of frontline stories to tell...kabhi fursat say gap karain gey...

I hope you are never ambushed in life,no amount of training and nerves would save you if geography is being pitted against you.
Your point about vehicals is valid,almost half of work of terrorits have been made easy by these tin cans in last many years.

Absolutely correct, in this case initiative always lies with the executor and he chooses best killing ground where he can achieve best results and leaves almost no options for victim. I also have the same feelins that the gentleman never got ambushed, unless you have ever been hit on balls you cannot feel amount of pain and agony and the same is the case with ambush.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom