What's new

Congress leader VC Shukla 'critically injured' in Maoist ambush, one killed

do u know y people hate bjp i m not vt congress but i want communal harmony

i don't want to debate about who is right or wrong. i hate every political parties whether it is bjp/cong/ncp etc etc. at the end of the day you have to choose one party to vote on election days and at that time you have to look who did well in last 5yrs and choose them on their basis of merit. if congress did well choose them otherwise choose any other party. i think you will understand what i am trying to say.

and don't try to play politics here mate.

if u dont mind me askin,u a muslim mate??ur name suggests so..:what:

proud to b indian muslim

i don't want to debate about who is right or wrong. i hate every political parties whether it is bjp/cong/ncp etc etc. at the end of the day you have to choose one party to vote on election days and at that time you have to look who did well in last 5yrs and choose them on their basis of merit. if congress did well choose them otherwise choose any other party. i think you will understand what i am trying to say.

and don't try to play politics here mate.

thanks for ur brief ans same gose for me but i look in long prospective of decades gone and to come

These commies needs to be thrown out of our country. they are harming our country/people/economy in a big way.
if you search a local news paper you will find many unreported news such as bsnl tower burnt by maoists, 2 people kidnapped by naxals etc ect. they are big challenge ahead of us.

Dude, no they don't. Not every CAPF constable, that would be impossible. There are several hundreds of thousands of them. The CRPF, BSF, ITBP are all classified as CAPFs. Only the ones that are deployed to the forests to hunt the naxals get that training. Most of the CRPF does not, because anti-naxal operations is only a small part of their mandate. Mainly the CRPF is supposed to do riot control and security for elections and so on. Also, just because some of their personnel get military style training does not make them a paramilitary force. They are still police forces that go to a particular place when requested by the local police forces, to beef up their numbers.

The flaw with that approach is that the naxals choose the time and place of their attack, and when they attack, the location won't be defended by COBRAs or other trained forces. I doubt that the security forces guarding these people had any sort of military training.

Also, note that most of the anti naxal ops are still done by state police forces, and regular CRPF units. The COBRAS are more of a commando group. We have been tackling this menace with ad hoc forces for a long time. Each time a massacre occurs, we raise a new force in that area. Greyhounds in Andhra, Jaguars in Jharkand, COBRAs for CRPF, Assam rifles, and so on. What we need now is a dedicated force with its own intel wing, and operating without regard for state boundaries to finish the naxalites once and for all. After that, the force can be a true paramilitary force, a sort of light infantry unit dedicated to internal security during peace time, and coming under the command of the army during wartime.

The CRPF should go back to its original mandate of being a reserve police force. Making them do military work will make them ineffective at both. Military operations and policing work are different things, requiring different sorts of people with differing mentality, differing skills. Using the military for policing or vice versa is a recipe for disaster.

Bro, sorry, I meant all CAPFs that get deployed on anti-Naxal ops go through this trianing not all CAPFs!

So Salwa Judum deserves it and Maoists have right to Kill. Wow you Sir are truly a leftist/Marxist.

Though Salwa Judum seems to be the way on surface.....but i am not convince by this sort of action plan against Maoists....

By Salwa Judum, the authorities have tacitly acknowledged that we can't guarantee the security of locals so we should instead train them to fight maoists themselves.....

Security of a citizen is the DUTY of the State & if the Govt. can't ensure that, it has no right to be in the power.

@MST @arp2041 The salwa judum is a poor idea but one which was forced upon us as we struggled to stem the Naxals before we could deploy in numbers and increase our area of ops for our CAPFs.

IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. It is akin to the Pakistanis arming independent tribal militias to fight the TTP. Create an armed groups which is not under the ordered and structured command of the state and eventually the group will, given time and rise in prowess, gain a center of gravity of its own. It also exposed many innocent villagers to naxal retribution. We are not like our cousins across the border. We must always protect our own as we wipe off these scums who rally under the banner of Mao. The time for Salwa Judum is over and we are the better for it. As it is the CRPF Cobra is to be massively expanded, the decision is already cleared. Now only one real policy decision remains, something that all the people on the ground have been insisting, from CAPF commanders, security personnel/experts to just people who are deeply entrenched in the government's efforts in the region- to create a unified theater out of all naxal effected areas instead of state specific efforts- to harmonize our ops and force them to make a stand. The last bit is the most crucial, lets see how things play out in the short run.

Last edited by a moderator:
proud to b indian muslim

thanks for ur brief ans same gose for me but i look in long prospective of decades gone and to come

Brother, you fly the Indian flag beneath your title...you do not ever need to say "Indian Muslim"...the Indian bit is evidenced as clearly as day light by the proud flag..the rest is no one's concern except in case of genuine query.

Respond proudly about your faith..the flags will speak of your nationality.

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

@Dillinger Death toll has bee revised down to 24 incl.8 Police.

I have been going across the news...the convoy departed from SOPs..I still can't figure out why they would do that? Why would you take such a fool hardy step in a veritable LIC zone. Hell my father's not even a government functionary..he was a senior consultant brought in for certain jobs and even him and his team traveled in convoys while strictly adhering to all SOPs.

Did the mantri sahibs assume that they had become immortal? :cuckoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been going across the news...the convoy departed from SOPs..I still can't figure out why they would do that? Why would you take such a fool hardy step in a veritable LIC zone. Hell my father's not even a government functionary..he was a senior consultant brought in for certain jobs and even him and his team traveled in convoys while strictly adhering to all SOPs.

Did the mantri sahibs assume that they had become immortal? :cuckoo:

This is not new maybe they were fooled by statistics which showed a fall in Maoist attacks and fatalities due to LWE extremism.
In J&K I remember Abdul Ghani Lone also died due to not following SOP's.

This is not new maybe they were fooled by statistics which showed a fall in Maoist attacks and fatalities due to LWE extremism.
In J&K I remember Abdul Ghani Lone also died due to not following SOP's.

What can one say yaara. We took a hit...now we need to draw them out and hit them harder. Lets hope this will lead to the idea of a unified theater of action gaining traction. That has been the recommendation of all the people who've worked on the ground on this subject.

Though Salwa Judum seems to be the way on surface.....but i am not convince by this sort of action plan against Maoists....

By Salwa Judum, the authorities have tacitly acknowledged that we can't guarantee the security of locals so we should instead train them to fight maoists themselves.....

Security of a citizen is the DUTY of the State & if the Govt. can't ensure that, it has no right to be in the power.

Buddy I am not condoning or supporting Salwa Judum. For me both Maoists and Salwa Judum are same. Both need to be brought to Justice. There is no place for self styled groups bearing arms in India.

My point was only pointed to someone who said that Maoists have a right to kill but Salwa Judum deserve to die. That to me is bull ****. Only a true communicst/Leftists will talk like that. Both are accused of gross human rights violations and both need to go to jail.

Acting against Maoist will be one more bullshit the government can do. Why Maoists have arms in their hand??they were crazy and lifted arms?? No, they are frustrated with this government, waited and waited for justice nothing happened, without any option they took arms. In the 1000s of Maoists, many were just frustrated with this banana republic and joined the movement, I believe many maoist cadres even don't know the ideology of Maoism.

The government failed, our banana republic failed. It's bullshit to blame them. How many of you here, won against a ruling party politician through court or something else?? Justice bends, judges too. The way Maoists chosen to punish might be wrong, but whoever Maoists killed they deserves that. Agreed, some innocents also died, what to do while burning a poisonous tree some bird's nests will also burn.

Acting against Maoist will be one more bullshit the government can do. Why Maoists have arms in their hand??they were crazy and lifted arms?? No, they are frustrated with this government, waited and waited for justice nothing happened, without any option they took arms. In the 1000s of Maoists, many were just frustrated with this banana republic and joined the movement, I believe many maoist cadres even don't know the ideology of Maoism.

The government failed, our banana republic failed. It's bullshit to blame them. How many of you here, won against a ruling party politician through court or something else?? Justice bends, judges too. The way Maoists chosen to punish might be wrong, but whoever Maoists killed they deserves that. Agreed, some innocents also died, what to do while burning a poisonous tree some bird's nests will also burn.

This is simply maoist propaganda whether intended like that or not. The maoists have been fighting for almost all the years that India has been independent, not like they waited for things to get better. They have only one aim, to overthrow the Indian state & impose their version of a Khmer Rouge regime. Anyone romanticising these terrorists is either a fool or an accomplice. The maoists kill everyone in their way, school teachers, doctors... anyone who does not agree with them. They have been involved in poaching for money, extortion, illegal mining, timber mafia...pretty much everything they can do. Really stupid to see these chaps as some sort of Robin Hood types. They are terrorists who have no real support, if they did & had the guts to test it, they should try & stand for elections. Sorry pathetic excuses about banana republics & "unreal" elections don't cut it.

y not bjp can make issue of anything that is right when bjp talk cag report same report of cag gujrat scam of 17000 crore they r trying to avoid that scam same about chattisgarh cag reports . when they can make issue of rape in delhi then y not congress give bjp taste of their own medicine

y not bjp can make issue of anything that is right when bjp talk cag report same report of cag gujrat scam of 17000 crore they r trying to avoid that scam same about chattisgarh cag reports . when they can make issue of rape in delhi then y not congress give bjp taste of their own medicine

only congress party is doing politic what about rest bjp is parliament se bhaago jao party

Even members here politicizing this issue, using this incident to attack ruling party & sonia/rahul and express their support to bjp & Modi!

No wonder India is (and will be) a third world country :ashamed:

Back
Top Bottom