What's new

Do Iranians take pride in their history of being part of various Caliphate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iranian Shias reject three first caliphate, but they love Ali.

Let me put it this way, if you studied Physics or Biology or both and you actually understood them. And you still believe in fairy tales, please just throw your Degree in a trash bin.

Let me put it this way, if you studied Physics or Biology or both and you actually understood them. And you still believe in fairy tales, please just throw your Degree in a trash.

Just because someone is educated doesn't mean they have to reject religion.

In fact many educated people i know are really religious.

Abrahamic religions specially Islam in particular just make sense.

But previously you claimed yourself as Shia at number of posts.

And a Dawoodi Bohra as well. Along with some other people in this forum.

Dawoodi Bohra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dawoodi Bohra ( Urdu: داؤدی بوہرہ‎) are a subsect of Ismāʿīlī Shīʿī Islam. The Dawoodi Bohra trace their belief system back to Yemen, where it evolved from the Fatimid Caliphate and where they were persecuted due to their differences from mainstream Sunni Islam and Zaydi Shia Islam. This prompted the relocation of Dawoodi Bohras to India. The word Bohra itself comes from the Gujarati word vehru ("trade") in reference to their traditional profession,[1] while the term Dawoodi refers to their support for Dawood Bin Qutubshah in the 1592 leadership dispute which divided the Tayyibi sect, creating the Dawoodi Bohra.

Bohra_in_uniform.jpg

Let me put it this way, if you studied Physics or Biology or both and you actually understood them. And you still believe in fairy tales, please just throw your Degree in a trash.

If you studied Physics, you probably heard of Faraday and Newton.
Newton is considered by many to be the most brilliant physicist who ever lived, even surpassing Einstein.

Do you know how devoutly religious they both were?

Hahaha!

Very foolish statement, sir.

That is what radical Muslims want you to believe. I recommend you to read about Zoroastrianism from unbiased sources.

There is hardly an evidence (if any) for existence of Jesus and Mosses, so you want to believe in something that doesn't exist?! :woot:

Actually Zartoshi, or parsis in Pakistan in fact leave their dead bodies in Karachi stadium for birds to eat.

That is very true.

Does More Educated Really = Less Religious?

Conventional wisdom has it that there is an inverse relationship between individuals' education and religiosity levels -- that is, the higher a person's level of education, the less likely he or she is to be religious. That may be accurate with regard to some aspects of religion, but recent Gallup research suggests that in others it is not necessarily the case.

According to Gallup's 2002 Index of Leading Religious Indicators*, 88% of those with postgraduate degrees believe in God or a universal spirit, compared to 97% of those with a high school education or less. More dramatically, postgraduate degree holders are less likely than those with a high school education or less to believe that religion can answer today's problems, by a margin of 51% to 68%. And those with a high school education or less are more likely than their postgraduate counterparts to say that religion is "important" or "very important" in their lives (65% to 53%). All this would seem to confirm that highly educated individuals put less emphasis on the role of religion than less educated individuals do.

But these data don't tell the whole story. Results from other survey questions indicate that more highly educated people are at least as likely to go to church. Seventy percent of postgraduate degree holders say they are members of a congregation, compared to 64% of those with a high school education or less. And the percentage of postgraduates (47%) and those with a high school education or less (43%) were essentially the same.

The data also reveal a fascinating -- and important -- difference between those with a high level of education and those with minimal education. The former group is less likely to trust organized religion but more likely to trust clergy members, while the latter is more likely to trust organized religion and less likely to trust the clergy. Only 34% of postgraduate degree holders say they have "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in organized religion, while 52% of those with a high school education or less say so. In addition, 63% of the postgraduate group give "high" or "very high" marks to the ethical standards of clergy, while only 43% of those with a high school education or less do so. Earlier Gallup data show that this pattern of results also existed prior to the Catholic priest sex abuse scandals that affected Americans' ratings of clergy members and organized religion.

Bottom Line

To some degree, those with a lower level of education are more likely to "talk the talk" when it comes to religion -- that is, they're more likely to say they believe in God, place religion prominently in their lives, and recognize religion's importance in the world. But those with a higher level of education are as likely as those with less education to "walk the walk" -- by belonging to a congregation and attending services regularly. These results may point to a failure on the part of organized religion to attract and connect with those with a lower education level, perhaps reflecting the trend in the last century toward more highly educated clergy.

However, even though they do not belong in as great a number or attend as frequently as their more highly educated counterparts, those on the lower end of the educational scale have much more faith in religious institutions, perhaps reflecting a broader tendency to rely on institutions in other areas of their lives -- unions, HMOs, government agencies, etc. Those in this group have far less faith in the individuals at the head of their religious institutions -- the clergy -- than in the institutions themselves.

Does More Educated Really = Less Religious?

If you studied Physics, you probably heard of Faraday and Newton.
Newton is considered by many to be the most brilliant physicist who ever lived, even surpassing Einstein.

Do you know how devoutly religious they both were?

No one is perfect. Edison also believed he could have invented a phone to communicate with the dead, do you personally believe that?! Of course we all know how crooked Edison really was.

Newton wasn't perfect either, here is Newton's "attempt" to escape from Mathematics: http://www.gsjournal.net/old/science/anderton53.pdf

Anyway, I don't believe in following people blindly however great they may be.

Richard Dawkins is a moron. Sorry man, I rather follow Islam then this moron's drivel. My Imam who is a retired Professor at Yale University challenged this clown for 6 months, and he refused to engage in a debate.

Richard Dawkins is a leading scientist, he doesn't expect you to "follow him" he just wants people to use their brain. And by the way, Theology is not science and therefore Theologicians are not qualified to be called professor.

First search what "Pagan" means, son, and then comment about knowledge.

Fine, everything is a copy of high and mighty Zoroastrianism. Happy?
Jokes aside, why are so itchy about Islam, it gave you a way to trouble your neighbors!!

Yes I was typing fast and made a mistake, corrected now.

Richard Dawkins is a moron. Sorry man, I rather follow Islam then this moron's drivel. My Imam who is a retired Professor at Yale University challenged this clown for 6 months, and he refused to engage in a debate.

Yes, our only heros are photo chors like AQ Khan.

Dawkins refused to engage because he is looking for a sane and factual debate backed by evidence. An Imam has no evidence to present other than lunatic stories in circular logic justifying each other.

Arabs only invaded Iran to spread Islam...
And they went and you got your own version of Islam, the Shi'tte one where you guys practice all sorts of pagan-zoroastrian stuff :crazy:

Why are you still getting hiccups then? :omghaha:

I wonder which one is worst mixing islam with pagan-zoroastaroan stuff or mixing it whit pre-islam jahelliat stuff ?

By the way if arabs only attacked iran to spread islam why so much destruction , why burning of libraries why the looting , are those part of islam .

By the wau before islam also twice more arabs attacked iran and it happened when somebody united arabic tribrs. If you look at the history always when somebody manage to unite nomadic tribes they started to attack neighbor countries just look at what happenrd to hons or mongols , the exact same thing happened to arabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom