What's new

Cultural conflicts

Your too young to be thinking about marriage. Ideal date to marry is sometime around 35-40. I understand your cultural and religious so I guess it makes sense to marry soon because you don't want to be a virgin at age 35. Im the opposite though lol. I can't imagine sticking with a woman for the rest of my life. And the thing is majority of Pakistani-Western girls are not what they appear to be. But they are better then white girls, as time passes by white girls start acting like total b.tches and they probably wont appreciate your family enough and you being a traditional cultural guy that sucks. In the end the white girl would probably dump you for some druggie who has just come out of jail. But again when it comes to pleasure, white girls are just too nice with that, they are experience unlike Pakistani girls that don't know what they're even doing.

In the end you should go with a Pakistani village girl. They'll probably have good looks, be faithful to you, great cooks and you'll be in control.

Dude its hard to find perfect/ complete package in one girl. Eastern and western girls have their own pros and cons. Many eastern guys like the mixture of boht. They want western confident good looking white girl with asian values which is not possible:D good thing about eastern girl is you can mold/influence their personality while fo r
western minded girls you will have to change yourself.its all come down to your personal choice. Again you need effort,commitment and some compromise for successful marrige be it love marrige or arrange.

Dude its hard to find perfect/ complete package in one girl. Eastern and western girls have their own pros and cons. Many eastern guys like the mixture of boht. They want western confident good looking white girl with asian values which is not possible:D good thing about eastern girl is you can mold/influence their personality while fo r
western minded girls you will have to change yourself.its all come down to your personal choice. Again you need effort,commitment and some compromise for successful marrige be it love marrige or arrange.

Its possible but Mother Teresa died years ago.

Your too young to be thinking about marriage. Ideal date to marry is sometime around 35-40. I understand your cultural and religious so I guess it makes sense to marry soon because you don't want to be a virgin at age 35. Im the opposite though lol. I can't imagine sticking with a woman for the rest of my life. And the thing is majority of Pakistani-Western girls are not what they appear to be. But they are better then white girls, as time passes by white girls start acting like total b.tches and they probably wont appreciate your family enough and you being a traditional cultural guy that sucks. In the end the white girl would probably dump you for some druggie who has just come out of jail. But again when it comes to pleasure, white girls are just too nice with that, they are experience unlike Pakistani girls that don't know what they're even doing.

In the end you should go with a Pakistani village girl. They'll probably have good looks, be faithful to you, great cooks and you'll be in control.

Wow. Clearly , you know how to stereotype people.

Every "white girl" I know does not have half the perverse mind you are showing.

Come to UK,you wont be disappointed..we got all types of Pakistani (ethnic Pakistani) girls here..Some communities have preserved their way of life exactly as it was when they arrivd here in the 60s..You will find a Kashmiri or Jhelum girl speaking english in broad British accent but wearing shalwar qameez and dupatta and excellent in house work,knows all muslim/Asian values and will treat you as the man......Provided you deserve it ;)

You are saying this while living in Britain? Mogambo Khush nahee huaa

Come to places like BlackBurn,Bolton,Bury and parts of Birmingham and you will find that rare breed of women.

Its possible but Mother Teresa died years ago.

Dude Mother Teresa was catholic nun :D

You are saying this while living in Britain? Mogambo Khush nahee huaa

Come to places like BlackBurn,Bolton,Bury and parts of Birmingham and you will find that rare breed of women.

Yes dude I am saying this after living in Britain.I was talking about white girls while you are talking about some desi girls who kept their cultural and Islamic values alive while growing up in Britain although these desi girls are few. I have been visited to Birmingham, Bradford etc and trust me most desi girls pretend to be shareef but actually some of them are worse than gorizz because goriz are not hypocrite at least

Dude Mother Teresa was catholic nun :D

Nuns have "asian values", so its cool.

Yes dude I am saying this after living in Britain.I was talking about white girls while you are talking about some desi girls who kept their cultural and Islamic values alive while growing up in Britain although these desi girls are few. I have been visited to Birmingham, Bradford etc and trust me most desi girls pretend to be shareef but actually some of them are worse than gorizz because goriz are not hypocrite at least

True, these girls have double lives and they put on a good show in front of their families.

Not all but many of them.

Nuns have "asian values", so its cool.

True, these girls have double lives and they put on a good show in front of their families.

Not all but many of them.

yes but nuns don't get marry and run away from men :P :D

You know what I hate?

I hate how Pakistani girls get engaged when they are like 20-21. I HATE THAT. That means I have to propose next september. :cheers::toast_sign:

Bilal,

I will be extremely straight with you. I have read all your posts and what other people replied and here's what I got out of it:

You want a girl who is economically independent, which means if she wants to buy something she goes ahead and buys it without nagging you. You clearly don't like the idea of supporting her economically. You want her to do her own things and not be a chaperone.

Now if you are 24 and are looking for a Pakistani girl, and your mum is involved in the process then a suitable girl for you back here in Pakistan would be a 20-21 year old (You know how the age difference here is at least a couple of years).

Well I can assure you that a girl who’s 20-21 will barely be out of college and will surely not be independent – economically or otherwise.

In all probability, at that age she would be dreaming of a guy to taking her out and spoiling/indulging her with all his attention and money.

The only independent women here in Pakistan will be above 23 or even older like 27-28 - but then "off the shelf" in terms of the match-making process. (Pakistani boys and aunties don’t like girls who are above 25 when they are looking for a rishta, plus I am sure even you wouldn’t want anyone who is older than you.)

Which brings us to the third bit about the so-called values: the only thing I get is that you want a girl who is a virgin and preferably has never been in any physical contact with any boy. And then once you marry her, you don't want her thinking about other men or having an affair. That’s it right?

If you want chastity and then complete purity after marriage it isn’t happening.

An independent woman has the option of walking out of a spark-less marriage, and still having a life. That goes for a gori and desi mem

If you want a girl who has values like complete commitment then skip the entire independence factor. Most women here stick in a marriage because they don’t have the necessary tools to live an independent existence in case of a divorce or separation.

Rather just stick to an American girl only, a Pakistani girl won't work for you.

Elmo, thank you for that detailed post of yours. I take it that you're a lady, & your advice for me would be valuable. I hope you didn't get offended by my posts before, I didn't mean anything bad in them, or talk about Pakistani girls in a bad way. My sister is a Pakistani girl herself, & she's great.

You want a girl who is economically independent, which means if she wants to buy something she goes ahead and buys it without nagging you. You clearly don't like the idea of supporting her economically. You want her to do her own things and not be a chaperone.

It's not the money that is the issue, but I want her to be economically (& professionally) independent so that she is happy with her own personal life. It doesn't mean I won't spend for her, of course I will, but I want her to be working professionally so that she keeps herself busy with things.

Now if you are 24 and are looking for a Pakistani girl, and your mum is involved in the process then a suitable girl for you back here in Pakistan would be a 20-21 year old (You know how the age difference here is at least a couple of years).

I'm not looking to get married anytime soon, & I don't have any objection with a girl my age or even a year older than me. It is the emotional connection that matters to me, but a certain of emotional independence as well.

In all probability, at that age she would be dreaming of a guy to taking her out and spoiling/indulging her with all his attention and money.

In America, girls take individual responsibility at an early age. I don't want a Pakistani girl that is constantly being supervised for everything in her life by her dad, who thinks "her job is just to look pretty" & be a good housewife. When I love a girl, & marry her, I'll go out of my way to do things for her, out of my very own happiness, not because she demands it from me.

Which brings us to the third bit about the so-called values: the only thing I get is that you want a girl who is a virgin and preferably has never been in any physical contact with any boy. And then once you marry her, you don't want her thinking about other men or having an affair. That’s it right?

Well, she should be a virgin yes. But I don't mind if she's dated other guys before, as long as they're in her past. I'm a very understanding guy, I'm willing to give girls the benefit of the doubt, marriage is companionship & friendship for me, a bond of love than one of necessity, or one of society pressures. But she should be understanding to me as well. I don't mind the girl having male friends, but I should know about them in general, & maybe I can be friends with those guys as well. Similarly, if I have any female friends, I would make sure that my wife knows about them, & maybe she can be friends with them as well. I would never be suspicious of my wife as long as we are honest to each other. She doesn't need to be bound to me after marriage, & that is the point I'm trying to make.

If you want chastity and then complete purity after marriage it isn’t happening.

I'm not looking for anything like that. She's allowed to 'live her life' the way she wants before she gets married, everyone should have the chance to do that.

An independent woman has the option of walking out of a spark-less marriage, and still having a life. That goes for a gori and desi mem

While the spark in the relationship is important, it is most important to have the bond of love & trust, of always being for the other person when we need each other. (Hypothetical situation) Even if I'm posted in a foreign country (& she can't be with me), & I can't be with my wife for a few weeks, I want her to be pre-occupied & busy with her life, & we can learn that it's important that we love & trust each other, & are always there for one another when the other person needs it.

If you want a girl who has values like complete commitment then skip the entire independence factor.

This is the part I disagree with you. As I said, if a marriage is based on love, trust, companionship, friendship; then there is commitment there too. It doesn't necessarily mean you can't be independent simultaneously either.

I am not apprehensive of the girl, there are plenty of wonderful, independent Pakistani girls out there. It is more the society & the mindset they have that really makes me uncomfortable. For example: once you're married, there is constant bickering & mumbling inside the family, peer pressure, comparisons on the basis of social status, gossip. I don't want to be dealing with that. Some of it is fine of course, but I don't want it to get overboard. That is the basic issue I have with arranged marriage.

@ all: yes my mom did in fact shortlist two girls she thought I should engaged with soon. I liked one of the girls (she was 6 months younger than me, & I'd known her from before). My mom made a proposal to that girl on my behalf to her mom, but she was 'taken'. Since then, I've told my mom I'm not ready to get engaged or married anytime soon. Meaning there's at least a few years for mangni/shaadi.

Bilal,

there is nothing new in what u r going through.there is an old saying which says that all the best girls are picked up before they are 21.it holds true today and all this happens in college.by this age it is just better to do an arranged marriage and be in peace.yeah so be brave and swallow the pill.Just choose a girl who is good at heart and thats more imp than anything else pal.That ll make u more happy than any other thing which u can cultivate in her.Get a nicevillage girl who ll look good and cook well and am sure,u ll appreciate it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom