What's new

Cops shut down dance party in Lahore after cleric's threat

How could they get alcohol when it is not readily available in Pakistan? and how can 2000 Muslims agreed to have a non dry party?

Mostly it was a dry dance party like a kid's birthday party and the reason it got shut is because even dancing is considered haram in Islam. Not saying if its right or wrong just stating what could have been the obvious reason.

An Indian telling us what it 'mostly' was ... and Pakistan doesn't have a population of 1.2billion where a dance party of 2000 is a daily occurrence :sarcastic:

Alcohol consumption is very little / hidden in such parties. These are E-Parties ... learn the difference.

An Indian telling us what it 'mostly' was ... and Pakistan doesn't have a population of 1.2billion where a dance party of 2000 is a daily occurrence :sarcastic:

Alcohol is hidden in such parties. These are E-Parties ... learn the difference.
Do you seriously believe 2000 Pakistanis would have agreed to come to a party involving alcohol? I opened a thread regarding alcohol few weeks back and you can read the kind of words Pakistanis were using for me. I am pretty sure it would have been a dry party with Bollywood songs. Even if we assume they were not dry, from where did they get alcohol when it is banned in Pakistan?

Do you seriously believe 2000 Pakistanis would have agreed to come to a party involving alcohol? I opened a thread regarding alcohol few weeks back and you can read the kind of words Pakistanis were using for me. I am pretty sure it would have been a dry party with Bollywood songs. Even if we assume they were not dry, from where did they get alcohol when it is banned in Pakistan?

Read the last line of Post 31 ..... and try to make sense of it, if you can.

Read the last line of Post 31 ..... and try to make sense of it, if you can.
Ok. Understood then the reason the party was shut was because either dance is considered haram or because of the noise pollution it could have produced. In any case, it should be condemned

Meanwhile, this is how an average weekend party in India looks like and luckily no one has authority to shut us down :lol:

18402334_648228725366309_2045650857018371252_o.jpg

Ok. Understood then the reason the party was shut was because either dance is considered haram or because of the noise pollution it could have produced. In any case, it should be condemned

'E-Party' went over or right through your head it seems ...

'E-Party' went over or right through your head it seems ...
Not so sure about E Party, maybe online medium to spread party news, mostly to maintain secrecy? I have not heard of such parties because everything is pretty much legal in my country so we don't need to plan anything in hiding, but in any case party would have taken place at a physical location. My points stand valid. correct me if I am wrong.

The Pic used shows modern youth and it is hard to figure out whether they are Pakistanis or Westerners.

I really wonder if they knew that what they were doing was anti Islamic according to Mulla Ji

It would surely be a great dilemma for this group as whom to follow : Mulla Ji or Music

Everyone to his own. BTW such parties used to be and still are arranged at secretly know house clubs in Karachi and Lahore and Islamabad and there you can find modern Pakistani youth much more than the ones you can see in this pic.

This is perhaps the first time that a Dance Party had been organised with due approval of the provincial local administration in an Open PUBLIC park/Place hence may be action according to the law or rules could have been taken. (Am not sure any member from Punjab can explain the rules better if he or she knows).

Not so sure about E Party, maybe online medium to spread party news, mostly to maintain secrecy? I have not heard of such parties because everything is pretty much legal in my country so we don't need to plan anything in hiding, but in any case party would have taken place at a physical location. My points stand valid. correct me if I am wrong.

Gosh, you are quite dim aren't you!? Never been to Goa (or a Rave party) I guess.

E = Ecstasy

Indeed. But I think there may be some provision under Constitution where you cannot hold such Dance parties in the open??

there are and thats why people dont
we have exact the right amount of rules to implement social and public order at public places.
private premises can enjoy their freedom unless someone inside reports the incident
and thats how the law works

I'll just keeping my thoughts to myself on This one.

I bet you will not but lets see Scratchy

there are and thats why people dont
we have exact the right amount of rules to implement social and public order at public places.
private premises can enjoy their freedom unless someone inside reports the incident
and thats how the law works

I bet you will not but lets see Scratchy

I am amazed at Uddta Punjab and its boldness in granting NoCs to such things which could be challenged constitutionally . Just forget about the religion here.

Everyone to his own. BTW such parties used to be and still are arranged at secretly know house clubs in Karachi and Lahore and Islamabad and there you can find modern Pakistani youth much more than the ones you can see in this pic.

This is perhaps the first time that a Dance Party had been organised with due approval of the provincial local administration in an Open PUBLIC park/Place hence may be action according to the law or rules could have been taken. (Am not sure any member from Punjab can explain the rules better if he or she knows).
How do you guys have concerts then? Atif Aslam and others? People sing and dance at such concerts.

I'll just keeping my thoughts to myself on This one.

Oh no ..... Missy, please do chime in now that you've dipped in ...

(Disclaimer: this is in a light hearted jovial tone so please do not take it seriously and snap)

*peace offering is still there btw*

Back
Top Bottom