What's new

Cops shut down dance party in Lahore after cleric's threat

yes divergent it is But you have to understand how and what are the things rules and decrees and punishments Islam implement and advocate.
1. there are personal deeds and actions and violations for which Islam says you will be punished in the hereafter for example if you lie if you do not pray five times a day if you do not keep fast etc etc. There is no physical punishment for these because it is between you and God.

But there are certain punishments for crimes which directly affect and harm the society for example
theft murder any such step which directly or indirectly disrupts the public order and life.

it is not a case of private business because the government is involved here and has issued NoC for such dance party in the open. this against the law. you can have dance rave parties privately which is anybody's private business.such private parties in secret basements of burgers have been and are common.

I appreciate the way you've responded and help me understand the situation.

What if the organisation strictly forbade consumption and usage of illegal substances, the environment was just to have fun and enjoy yourself as it would be for any concert. Do extremists still hold authority to prevent events like this taking hold? Is this not unfair on those civilians who are of different school of thought and being it private, tickets which are sold and not being open access only elusive to those who wish to attend?

I appreciate the way you've responded and help me understand the situation.

What if the organisation strictly forbade consumption and usage of illegal substances, the environment was just to have fun and enjoy yourself as it would be for any concert. Do extremists they still hold authority to prevent events like this taking hold? Is this not unfair on those civilians who are of different school of thought and being it private, tickets which are sold and not being open access surely is only elusive to those who wish to attend?
Do it in private.

I listen to music at times but in my home or in my car. I don't show it to the public.

Do it in private.

I listen to music at times but in my home or in my car. I don't show it to the public.

But this area was brought or rented out for a private event. Just like you'd book a hall etc not anyone or everyone walks in

When did i say incest relation should be allowed Mr?
Incest is a offence even in some western nations.
But by the way we officially declared incest legal by allowing those cousin marriages. And yet you have the audacity to point fingers on others.It,s like pot calling the kettle black.
hahahahahahahahahaha. so ypu are a Pakistani??????
@Zibago @waz @El Sidd

Without any doubt Jinnah envisaged a secular pakistan.
I request you to learn the true facts and do some research if that,s allowed in your madrassa.
Of course secular system is failed in its every test.Take a look at USA,Canada,UK etc.All are failed states :lol:
Stop amusing me .

Neither of the above stated countries are secular by Constitution says my maddrasa.
Do you claim otherwise?

Finally someone who writes sense! Now, can you tell us how you reached this conclusion?
He was an Anarcho-Capitalist!!!!!!!
*Gasp*

Nah, just kidding.
He was definitely something in between. Wanted a moderate option between them. It was a thin line, though. Pakistanis to retain their political identity as Muslims and have provisions to fashion their lives according to Islam, but not forced, and certainly not at the expense of other communities. Democracy to prevail, slightly left leaning when it came to economics, but only slightly. Socially, it was like: we will provide you laws to fashion your life according to Islam as you see fit, but will not allow you to impose your way of religious belief on others, Muslim or non Muslim.

*Gasp*

Nah, just kidding.
He was definitely something in between. Wanted a moderate option between them. It was a thin line, though. Pakistanis to retain their political identity as Muslims and have provisions to fashion their lives according to Islam, but not forced, and certainly not at the expense of other communities. Democracy to prevail, slightly left leaning when it came to economics, but only slightly. Socially, it was like: we will provide you laws to fashion your life according to Islam as you see fit, but will not allow you to impose your way of religious belief on others, Muslim or non Muslim.
O.K., but that doesn't answer how you reached your conclusions.

*Gasp*

Nah, just kidding.

Thats a common Muslim point of you. So he was just a Muslim.
I guess probably true.

What other substances do you fear would be at these parties?

I do not fear, I know.

Heroin/cocaine and other hard drugs are not found at parties, and rarely (very rarely) present at private gatherings of the rich youth.

You are from Islamabad yet you make such claims of 'rare & very rare'. Cocaine is in every other party!

I get the impression that a large number of people - hailing from well-to-do backgrounds - are suffering from an identity crises of sorts. They tend to be addicted to materialism and worldly gains mostly. As they sink deeper into the abyss of materialism; they are less likely to study Holy Quran and Hadith to understand Islam in its true form. End result is that their knowledge of Islam will be restricted to the narratives sold to them by neo-liberal forces through social media. Sooner of later, some of them will forget what Islam is about and what kind of state Pakistan was meant to be.

Time for some introspection, my brothers.

++++1 ..... for some reasons they simply refuse to develop their own understanding of Quran and Hadith, instead they'd rather follow others who are promoting 'Liberal Islam'. Alas, they won't pay any attention to all this.

O.K., but that doesn't answer how you reached your conclusions.
Well, it was probably because of the insane secular vs islamist debate going on. And then when I read the Objectives Resolution, again and again to study, I realized that the clause of "enabling Muslims to fashion their lives according to Sharia" comes up a lot when we talk about the intended nature of Pakistan, and the meaning of this clause is often misunderstood, for it isn't a synonym for "imposing it on everyone". There's a difference between enabling and forcing. THAT is the thin line.
In short, it was Objectives Resolution that made me aware of the fact.

You are from Islamabad yet you make such claims of 'rare & very rare'. Cocaine is in every other party!
It depends on what type of parties you attend. The parties I have gone to don't have cocaine commonly. People who are part of the upper class have parties with cocaine commonly. So, from the viewpoint of an average inhabitant of Islamabad, it's why I said what I said.

Back
Top Bottom