What's new

CIAs estimates on Pakistan's nuclear program were 10 yrs behind actual stst

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Country
Norway
ANI

Islamabad: Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said US intelligence estimates of Pakistan's nuclear programme were 10 years behind the country's actual nuclear status.

"When the CIA sent a letter saying we had crossed the five per cent threshold, we had made several bombs by then," The Express Tribune quoted Dr Khan, as saying.

He also claimed that Pakistan completed its nuclear program without the help of any foreign country.

Dr Khan said he had written to then Pakistan president, General Zia ul Haq, in a letter dated December 10, 1984, that his department was ready to conduct a nuclear explosion at a week's notice. However, he pointed out that it was not till Benazir Bhutto became Prime Minsiter that Pakistan started its missile programme.

Dr Khan said they built a successful nuclear warhead by 1984, at a maximum estimated cost of 250 million dollars, funded internally through off-the-book allocations from developmental budgets.

Dr.AQ was a man on mission.......
Since then one can guess how advanced Pakistan's nuclear program has become...
They went in the right direction..Instead of Building megatons size bombs they went for more practical small warheads..

pak army got many stuff which they dont show cz we cant match man to man with our all enemies to so we get a Elemental Surprise if some 1 try to mess with us

Hearing from the man who stole nuclear secrets for money is not trustfull...
Without the help of a foreign country? Then y denmark have given him some 20 odd years in jail in absentia?
Though its stolen, their spies did a good job...

What is the use of those medicine which will be only used when death is certain ?

Is it not treason unclassifying, classified information?

What is the use of those medicine which will be only used when death is certain ?

After US nuclear wepons tech. to Indians, the threats of nuclear attack on Pakistan is manifold more.

Considering, Indias have principally decided to sacrifice their part of Punjab. It is not hard to guess the target area and preperation timeline of attack.

Still Pakistan is under threat of proactive strikes by US or Indians.

Is it not treason unclassifying, classified information?

This info is of 20 yrs ago..so have no relevance today as such..so i dont think theres any harm in telling the things, which he is... Also, some former ISI agents have also written books...like Bear trap and also, i read a book "Ghazi" by Abu Jawad.. He was an ISI agent from 1971-1974, i think ..his mission was related to India...he wrote tht book, after almost 20 yrs..i think the book got published around 1998 or something..tht book is also available on net..i got it downloaded from the net and read it....So i think tht once the info is really outdated, it doesnt matter much...even if its disclosed publically

Then y denmark have given him some 20 odd years in jail in absentia?
Though its stolen, their spies did a good job...

1. It was 4 years.
2. The sentence was quashed in an appeals court because of failure to properly deliver summons to him.
3. The Dutch government decided against pursuing the case any further.

Yet another example of Pakistan armed forces' intelligence! Its obvious that Pakistan can do much more than it seems it can, they just like to keep things in cover instead of bragging about them!!!

Yet another example of Pakistan armed forces' intelligence! Its obvious that Pakistan can do much more than it seems it can, they just like to keep things in cover instead of bragging about them!!!
thats the only reason we are not at war cz our enemies dont knw about our real stuff =))) and no can start a war until they know the strength of their enemy

Wrong ! The mere possession of the medicine lowers the certainty of death to zero ... Such is the effect of the medicine that it puts a stopper to death ... Ever heard about the Fountain of Eternal Life ? :azn:

Sorry to say my fellow Pakistanis that you people are happy that CIA intelligence is dull because they didn't clearly estimated our nukes. But tell me one thing what is the benefit of that, on the contrary in real sense our sovereignty is f...cked daily by CIA

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom