What's new

US found Zia ‘most patriotic liar’ on nukes, reveal declassified memos

He was a great visionary and loved Islam. He had big plans for IOK and Central Asia and they murdered him. Khair, the matter is with Allah. I went to his kabar at the grounds of Faisal Masjid. He was the best we had and we yearn for his loss! May Allah forgive him for any of his mistakes. Amin!
Youre deluded, Zia wasnt a nice man!
He ruthlessly crushed all his opposition and during his tenure corruption reached an all time high. Anyone who comes in power by martial law and decides to stay in power for 9 yrs is a zaalim dictator, and Islam warns us against them.

Sure he did good things! But then even Yazid lanti did some good.

Oscar,

What kind of corruption in the military? His supporters in the military claim he was an honest and clean general.....which i always found amusing.

Massive corruption, everything from ammunition to tank deals to aircraft spares to air defence systems. It was a riot.

anyone who usurps power by force is by definition a terrible person

Massive corruption, everything from ammunition to tank deals to aircraft spares to air defence systems. It was a riot.

Hmm, the Ojhri camp one is well known......and the M1 Tanks one.....but what else?

Hmm, the Ojhri camp one is well known......and the M1 Tanks one.....but what else?
I am from Rawalpindi, and this Ohjri camp was located only a few hundred meters from my house. Luckily, all the rockets flew a lot further than that and we remained safe all day long. I was only 1 year old back then, but my mom and dad reminded me of how lucky they were to be alive despite being a few hundred meters away from the battlefield.

Let me tell you something. It was during Zia's era when original burger bachas came into being. Western culture and Rock music was flourishing during his tenure. Remember Vital Signs?
Burger Bachas came along as a reactionary movement against Zia's ultra-conservative policies. Tell me again, who brought in the gun culture? Who allowed in millions of Afghan immigrants along with their drug trade? Who was responsible for Ohjri camp disaster that killed thousands of innocent Pakistanis in the capital?

Being honest and pious makes no difference if you come into power by force, and are murderous. People like Timur, Aurangzeb, Hijaj bin Yousef, all murderous zealots, cruel people who had nisha for power and nothing else. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

During his tenure Zia's cronies were running riot in corruption! All the army was running corrupt, lots of millionaire officers started appearing everywhere! And not just army officers but all his political allies helped themselves to power and money indiscriminately. And there was nothing Zia could do, as he himself was a dictator and had no mandate, and he needed his allies, so he had to tunr blind eye to all corruption. This makes him corrupt as facilitator. In Islam he is cylpable for every bit of corruption under his rule.

Apart from all that his opponents would famously dissapear at night! He was ruthess. Not a good man I am sorry.

If he was really ultra-conservative, why did he allow the OG burger bachas to rock out with their mullets? Why did he not ban pop music in general on ptv?
He didn't get the time to do it. He died soon after its advent.

Regarding Afghan theater, what would you have done? Sit there with your thumb up your behind while letting the Soviets encroach further south? He made a bold decision in the circumstances that were present.
Soviets could easily reach Iran as well. But they did nothing stupid like Pakistan because they were busy fighting Iraqis. Pakistan, instead of focusing on its mortal enemy India, made itself another war front with Afghanistan by sheer stupidity of Zia and his pathetic love for US dollars.

Regarding who brought the gun culture. Don't have a heart attack but it was Quaid-e-Azam that let the tribals keep their arms. And guess what? They spread all throughout Pakistan. It was never an Afghan problem.
Jinnah left tribals on their own. He didn't give them permission to sell arms all around Pakistan as it happened during Zia regime.

M1's failed to impress in Bahawalpur.
It is well documented.

Soviets could easily reach Iran as well. But they did nothing stupid like Pakistan because they were busy fighting Iraqis. Pakistan, instead of focusing on its mortal enemy India, made itself another war front with Afghanistan by sheer stupidity of Zia and his pathetic love for US dollars.
Sire, Iran armed it's own groups in Afghanistan after Soviet invasion despite fighting with Iraq. Although at a much smaller scale compared to Pakistan.
In those circumstances, it was better for Pakistan to engage Soviets in Afghanistan instead of allowing them to become a pain in our @rse for indefinite time period.
Iran, also like Pakistan, allowed Afghan refugees in their country.

In those circumstances, it was better for Pakistan to engage Soviets in Afghanistan instead of allowing them to become a pain in our @rse for indefinite time period.
Soviets were at least rational unlike these fanatic Taliban we have to deal with nowadays :hitwall:

Iran, also like Pakistan, allowed Afghan refugees in their country.
Yeah. It was controlled immigration and at once the war was over, they were forcibly deported out of the country unlike Pakistan, where they stayed like 'Muslim Brothers' :D

Soviets were at least rational unlike these fanatic Taliban we have to deal with nowadays :hitwall:
How could have we known that there will be a 9/11.:D
Super powers can do much worse compared to rag tags.
Anyways the talibs we are dealing with originated in 2002-2004 , a purely local/non-ISI movement with foriegn help.

How could have we known that there will be a 9/11.:D
Easy. We armed them, we trained them, we provided them with jihadi material that brainwashed them into believing the West as their enemy.

:hitwall:

Yeah. It was controlled immigration and at once the war was over, they were forcibly deported out of the country unlike Pakistan, where they stayed like 'Muslim Brothers' :D
We were following standards of humanity.
Aren't hundreds and thousands of Muslims ruining lifestyle of Europeans?

Easy. We armed them, we trained them, we provided them with jihadi material that brainwashed them into believing the West as their enemy.
Nope. The West, the whole Western world did the same what we did.
They must take equal blame. When CIA chief wanted to start a rebellion in Tajikistan through ISI what was he thinking?

Back
Top Bottom