What's new

Pakistan’s nuclear budget never exceeded $25m: Dr Qadeer

Pakistan has close to a hundred warheads,right??25ml seems a bit to less.....should be close to a 100mil atleast!

Thanks for that. I was already out of Pakistan by mid 90's, therfore can't be sure what transpired after that. However, what I do remember is that Benazir herself was one of the biggest supporters of the whole Bombmunity! During her rule, everyone who was involved in the program, had a cart blanche to procure whatever the hell they wished for. Maybe she changed later? And yes you are right, those guys ABSOLUTELY love to build bigger better more efficient bombs.

Btw, not a big fan of PPP/PMLN/Any party with bearded folk.

Mushy never gave him---it was Benazir who promised to give him away---her interview must be somewhere on the web---was she at HARVARD university----in 2006---2007---. She sold pakistan---and pakistanis cheered her on.

bomb ki ase ke tasee. Jo mila ta os ko samhalo or ab moka do pasay awam par langanay ka. People are dying because they don't have food, water or shelter.

276652_279843718739991_1705459121_n.jpg

Thanks for that. I was already out of Pakistan by mid 90's, therfore can't be sure what transpired after that. However, what I do remember is that Benazir herself was one of the biggest supporters of the whole Bombmunity! During her rule, everyone who was involved in the program, had a cart blanche to procure whatever the hell they wished for. Maybe she changed later? And yes you are right, those guys ABSOLUTELY love to build bigger better more efficient bombs.

Btw, not a big fan of PPP/PMLN/Any party with bearded folk.

Hi,

Even their work environment during the 70's and 80's was all based on european / american work ethics. 5 days work week---. They commuted back and forth to their work in company buses---. Their work hours different from pakistani work hours---.

I will tell you this---these pioneers---were so far ahead in their capabilities and resourcefulness---so much structure in their every day life----they were so disciplined and so focused at their primary goals---as compared to the rest of pakistanis---.

I can tell of my experience---these guys were a GENETIC ANAMOLY----my uncle---a child from an illeterate punjabi agricultural family---father mother both illeterates and him a math and physics genius---how does that happen---so many of them coming from average households---kids from farms and villages like my uncle---and doing extraordinary things---.

Making a BELOW AVERAGE NATION OF PAKISTAN an extraordinary nation in certain things---.

Sir he was their he started the program stop distorting the facts he was the started Sir not pop up at the end and claimed all the credit he was part of it from the day one and I know his field is metallurgical Sir but he initiated the program and developed his team and they all worked together to from Nuclear Program

100% Agreed :pakistan:

HAHA ......Look Whose saying:omghaha:

Choori and Nuclear selling se Bill kaha banta hai Quadeer mia ?:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
ISLAMABAD - Founder of Pakistan’s nuclear programme and president of the Tehreek-e-Tahaffuz-e-Pakistan (TTP), Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan, disclosed on Sunday that the nuclear programme’s budget never exceeded $25 million, while no smuggling had been done to achieve nuclear capability.

This guy has no credibility in the eyes of the world. A small manufacturing, R&D facility to build light tech jets (initial version of the JFT) required just Pakistan's share to be $ 500 million. And this guy's building nuclear power for $ 25 million? A simple reactor that is installed in universities teaching nuclear physics costs most than $ 25 mil. I am sure his facilities ran a couple of reactors. And we ar to believe that those cost below $ 25 mil....including everything?

No offense but this guy ran a large smuggling network. I've read about it on different places coming from the Pakistani x-military people in addition to Musharraf. He's become a pathological liar IMO. No politicians says the truth about anything. He's like a car salesman now, expect anything or everything

ISLAMABAD - Founder of Pakistan’s nuclear programme and president of the Tehreek-e-Tahaffuz-e-Pakistan (TTP), Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan, disclosed on Sunday that the nuclear programme’s budget never exceeded $25 million, while no smuggling had been done to achieve nuclear capability.

Addressing a book launch ceremony, Dr Qadeer said that former president Ghulam Ishaq Khan was heading the nuclear programme of the country. He said the budget for the country’s nuclear programme never exceeded $25 million, including all expenditures. He said the then Chief of Army Staff, General (r) Mirza Aslam Beg, was shocked to know the modest budget, adding that Beg had said that he had been earlier told that $1 billion were being spent on the nuclear programme annually.

The former nuclear scientist said that the rumours about smuggling of various parts and technology were baseless and untrue, as at that time anything could be imported through the Ministry of Trade and Commerce.

Talking to reporters later, he said that his political party – the TTP – had been registered with the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), adding that his party had been allotted “missile” as election symbol.

To a question, he said the TTP had entered into alliance with the Jamaat-e-Islami, and an accord had been reached in this regard. However, he added that his party was also in contact with other political parties to expand the alliance if needed.

Dr Qadeer said that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif had made a major mistake by not uniting all factions of the PML.

To another query, he said that he had not been contacted so far on the question of caretaker prime minister.

Pakistan

Very difficult to believe per year cost were only 25 million !!! though that figure may be for 1970~1980 yet seems very inaccurate .

Bhai jaan he's a known liar around the world.

A metallurgical engineer talking about nuclear engineering is pure non sense..even though his stolen centrifuge was never used in official 98 public tests still he bought alot of shame to pakistan nuclear program

Then it mean indian Dr Anil Kakodkar Dr. M.R.Srinivasan,Dr kalam is also name of shame who stolen every thing from Russia and later transferred to india what ever you or any one else say we are proud of Dr A.Q.khan and we will always proud of him we salute him he is loin hero GOD bless him and we pray all his enemies die soon.

Back
Top Bottom