What's new

US found Zia ‘most patriotic liar’ on nukes, reveal declassified memos

Nope. The West, the whole Western world did the same what we did.
They must take equal blame. When CIA chief wanted to start a rebellion in Tajikistan through ISI what was he thinking?
Why blame the entire Western world when only US was the culprit. Remember the other Western countries didn't know what was going on until 9/11 happened on American soil.

Why blame the entire Western world when only US was the culprit. Remember the other Western countries didn't know what was going on until 9/11 happened on American soil.
Only US? Really?

So I need USA to tell us should we admire or hate our past elected or unelected dictators? I don't think so.
Zia was a man of contradictions, some very severe. He might have done some good things, but we can't over look the negative that had been brought upon us. People might fall on both sides of the spectrum, but lets not romanticize history.

He is dead, put all sorts of blame on him. After all he is not coming back to answer those.

Isn't history to be learned from dead people and by-gone civilizations? So that we can chart a future?
If you don't recognize the problem.....you cannot come up with a solution. You can ignore it all you want.

Now don't tell me that Brits and Germans were misguided by CIA.
Brits and Germans have their own independent intelligence agencies. They do not solely rely on CIA for intelligence gathering.

Brits and Germans have their own independent intelligence agencies. They do not solely rely on CIA for intelligence gathering.
And they are Western countries right?
And they were involved in Afghan war right?

Contrary to what you said.

And they are Western countries right?
And they were involved in Afghan war right?
US was involved the most. Although it was in the interest of the Brits and West Germans to liberate Europe from the clutches of USSR.

Isn't history to be learned from dead people and by-gone civilizations? So that we can chart a future?
If you don't recognize the problem.....you cannot come up with a solution. You can ignore it all you want.
History is learned by the dead people's action that are verifiable. We know horrible mistakes made by Zia with reference to Afghan fasad and there is countless hard and circumstantial proof available. However, whether he was involved in corruption, I'll take this charge seriously only if substantiated with hard evidence. When I said he cant come to answer, was exactly in this context. I'll not take anybody's word for granted rather request for proof. I think you have taken my statement too seriously.

US was involved the most. Although it was in the interest of the Brits and West Germans to liberate Europe from the clutches of USSR.
You first said "only US".
Then you said "US was involved the most".

Now it was in our interests as well like Brits and West Germans.

You first said "only US".
Then you said "US was involved the most".

Now it was in our interests as well like Brits and West Germans.

Yes, you can look it this way:

Its in Israel's main interest that Iran does not get any nukes, yet it's not negotiating any nuclear deal with Iran, but P5+1 world powers. Most of these big powers have no issues with Iran having nukes except Israel and Saudi Arabia.

History is learned by the dead people's action that are verifiable. We know horrible mistakes made by Zia with reference to Afghan fasad and there is countless hard and circumstantial proof available. However, whether he was involved in corruption, I'll take this charge seriously only if substantiated with hard evidence. When I said he cant come to answer, was exactly in this context. I'll not take anybody's word for granted rather request for proof. I think you have taken my statement too seriously.

Not really.......there has been no proof of Asif Zardari being involved in corruption....none that is publicly verifiable (how many times he went to jail and courts and came back clean? How many times Swiss opened and closed his file?).....and the list is long and never ending that probably no one will figure out....does it mean he is not corrupt, just because you cannot 'prove' it?
In absence of verifiable proof, as you demand and proclaim, the common litmus test is what happens out in the open...how it affects others.
2+X=4
Solve for X.......

Back
Top Bottom