What's new

Pakistan to build 3 nuclear plants for electricity

There is no short cut to success, all these are huge engineering projects, involving huge cost and 3 to 6 years of completion time.
UAE don't have any NPP nor there design or manufacture any NPP. UAE will not even operat ethe 2 two NPP , which are under construction in UAE, UAE will only get electricity.
I think they can take Help from France or China to get reactors and then let engineers does the rest.

Neither China nor France, UAE (Barakah) nuclear power plant uses KHNP from SK.

nuclear-reactor-competition-png.332228

8800MW is enough power for about 4.4M people... thats about it, not enough......Pakistan needs to build its own reactors.....

by the end of 2018 Pak will have electricity of 31,000MW, moreover by 2020 I am hopeful of 45-50K if the dams are built including the nuclear plants.

its possible if they get all the mega dams and several nuclear power plants built.... 162,000mw is enough for about 81Million people.....

If Pak gets good leader then it may be possible.....

We are now at 25,000MW.......lets get those mega dams built!!!

I am tired of them to and I would like to know why Pakistan can't build its own nuclear reactor why we have to pay $10BILLION US DOllars for 2 nuclear power plants we can't we learn and develop our own?

How many of these projects have been completed?

I know right!!!We need power right now!! 25,000MW is only good enough to provide for 12.5M people not 200M....

Why hasn't Pakistan used it sun hot location to develop 50,000MW from Solar..... You Pakistan is among the hottest countries in the world.... Should be pioneer in solar technology.

Your right, Fellow Pakistanio why can't we build our own nuclear reactors and power plants? why do we have to export 2 power plants worth 10Billion US DOLLARS.

You have dug up a 2 year old thread. Pakistan already has 3 operational civilian reactors in Chashma and One more being constructed. In Karachi we have another civilian nuclear reactor and 2 more K-2 and K-3 are under construction.
Loadshedding has been reduced rapidly, I live in Lahore, there is no load shedding here , in summers it used to be 3 hours, which is normal for any developing country, which by the way will finish next year, since 10,000 MW will be further added under CPEC. Tons of more projects under CPEC plus Diamer-Bhasha and Neelum-Jehlum hydropower projects are under construction, it is sad that you aren't even updated. Pakistan has one of the largest solar power parks in the world in Bahawalpur, made with Chinese investment. If you're depressed for some reason, go listen to music, there is no need to concoct facts and take out frustration on this forum.
Since you specifically asked about solar, here is a video, watch and enjoy.

May God bless this forum, don't know why the quality here is gradually declining.

You have dug up a 2 year old thread. Pakistan already has 3 operational civilian reactors in Chashma and One more being constructed. In Karachi we have another civilian nuclear reactor and 2 more K-2 and K-3 are under construction.
Loadshedding has been reduced rapidly, I live in Lahore, there is no load shedding here , in summers it used to be 3 hours, which is normal for any developing country, which by the way will finish next year, since 10,000 MW will be further added under CPEC. Tons of more projects under CPEC plus Diamer-Bhasha and Neelum-Jehlum hydropower projects are under construction, it is sad that you aren't even updated. Pakistan has one of the largest solar power parks in the world in Bahawalpur, made with Chinese investment. If you're depressed for some reason, go listen to music, there is no need to concoct facts and take out frustration on this forum.
Since you specifically asked about solar, here is a video, watch and enjoy.

May God bless this forum, don't know why the quality here is gradually declining.
bro the 1000 megawatt plant is only producing 100 megawatt very expensive electricity and only in sunlight hours ..... this is so expensive project and a total flop . that is why expansion of this project to 10000 megawatt is delayed . havent you heard anything on media , quite a big scandal .......
nawaz sherif ne diamer bhasha ka alan ker diya yes , land aquire ker li hai , start bhi ker lai ga but then he need more investors , is he working on it ? he can get rich oversees pakistanis and local business tycoons as investors but he id not working on it ........
ap ko newspaper main ager headlines likhi hui nazar a gaya" mulk bught taraqi ker raha hai aur super power ban gaya hai" to i think ap believe ker lo gay ........i think you believe every word said on ptv .....

bro the 1000 megawatt plant is only producing 100 megawatt very expensive electricity and only in sunlight hours ..... this is so expensive project and a total flop . that is why expansion of this project to 10000 megawatt is delayed . havent you heard anything on media , quite a big scandal .......
nawaz sherif ne diamer bhasha ka alan ker diya yes , land aquire ker li hai , start bhi ker lai ga but then he need more investors , is he working on it ? he can get rich oversees pakistanis and local business tycoons as investors but he id not working on it ........
ap ko newspaper main ager headlines likhi hui nazar a gaya" mulk bught taraqi ker raha hai aur super power ban gaya hai" to i think ap believe ker lo gay ........i think you believe every word said on ptv .....

Oh Bhai, only 100 MW has been completed till now and is ready, transmission line is being laid. The chinese company were in litigation over the tarrif issue with NEPRA, once that's done it will start. The other 900MW will be added. If one listens to too much ARY or Mubashar Luqman's show, for sure you will say 1000MW is producing 100 MW. Today Mubashar Luqman was saying PML-N will close textile industry in entire Punjab this year and is planning to close entire industry of Pakistan soon, lol, don't watch him too much, Opposition parties concoct the facts especially over CPEC to get political leverage. Even the test run has been conducted. Transmission line is being laid, once litigation process is over it will start.

http://abbtakk.tv/en/quaie-e-azam-solar-park-project-completes220315/

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1036656/a-shinier-future-quaid-e-azam-solar-park-to-get-900mw-upgrade/

PM has decided the financing plan of Diamer Bhasha, but its not a CPEC project as of now, however Chinese are full backing Neelum-Jehlum hydropower project. Other than that there are tons of energy projects, out of $55 Billion (used to be 46 Bln, now increased), $35 Billion are solely energy projects related investment, just by 2017, 10,000MW would be added.

Oh Bhai, only 100 MW has been completed till now and is ready, transmission line is being laid. The chinese company were in litigation over the tarrif issue with NEPRA, once that's done it will start. The other 900MW will be added. If one listens to too much ARY or Mubashar Luqman's show, for sure you will say 1000MW is producing 100 MW. Today Mubashar Luqman was saying PML-N will close textile industry in entire Punjab this year and is planning to close entire industry of Pakistan soon, lol, don't watch him too much, Opposition parties concoct the facts especially over CPEC to get political leverage. Even the test run has been conducted. Transmission line is being laid, once litigation process is over it will start.

http://abbtakk.tv/en/quaie-e-azam-solar-park-project-completes220315/

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1036656/a-shinier-future-quaid-e-azam-solar-park-to-get-900mw-upgrade/

PM has decided the financing plan of Diamer Bhasha, but its not a CPEC project as of now, however Chinese are full backing Neelum-Jehlum hydropower project. Other than that there are tons of energy projects, out of $55 Billion (used to be 46 Bln, now increased), $35 Billion are solely energy projects related investment, just by 2017, 10,000MW would be added.

Sir, why do I see some members here always crying "the sky is falling, everything will be destroyed if the current Pakistani government stays in power"? I've seen a lot of stuff around the globe. Never seen a nation's own citizens keeping a blind eye from good stuff that's happening. Why can't there be productive criticism, complain where need be, compliment where need be? Why always the negativity and such serious symptoms of depression when average person's life is being changed through all these massive projects?

Sir, why do I see some members here always crying "the sky is falling, everything will be destroyed if the current Pakistani government stays in power"? I've seen a lot of stuff around the globe. Never seen a nation's own citizens keeping a blind eye from good stuff that's happening. Why can't there be productive criticism, complain where need be, compliment where need be? Why always the negativity and such serious symptoms of depression when average person's life is being changed through all these massive projects?

Dude it is due to a propaganda factory run by our prestigious institutions which also fed media houses to spread negativism against current govts and they are doing this job from 60's

Mate its cuz of media hype, it induces a tendency among people to curse anyone in power. I can tell you about my Karachihite friends who used to curse Nawaz Sharif although all chronic problems of Karachi are PPP-MQM related, once one of my friends came to Lahore he was shocked to see the infrastructural development.
We will find a lot of negativity on social media since its the privileged classes who are influenced by it. In elections the lower middle and lower classes will decide the fate of political leaders. All major infrastructural improvement, No loadshedding , more jobs through CPEC, better transit and transport will benefit the masses much more than the privileged classes. Masses will perform a decisive role in upcomming elections

Dude it is due to a propaganda factory run by our prestigious institutions which also fed media houses to spread negativism against current govts and they are doing this job from 60's

I disagree with this assessment, security establishment has gone through a paradigm shift. Some channels or anchors do tend to become more loyal to the king than the king himself thus feeding into this misperception.

Last edited:
A view of all four unit of Chasma Nuclear Power Plants C1,C2,C3,C4

15442184_1030028190458212_2785217941380335615_n.jpg

They must keep these plants away from population centres else it affect many people and environments.

We not only need to meet such high demand of electricity but nation also want cheap electricity. Hope government is also paying attention to this issue.

How long will it take for Pakistan to build its own reactors ? Til about 2030?

Does Pakistan have the capability to build this in house all alone?

Does Pakistan have the capability to build this in house all alone?
Na thats why China is building them currently for us.... Our Nuclear reactors make around 1000-1400MW... Not much....

Na thats why China is building them currently for us.... Our Nuclear reactors make around 1000-1400MW... Not much....
did pakistan put a tender for this?

are you worried that china has investment in most of pakistan important infratructure?

Back
Top Bottom