What's new

Chinese delegation sent to Russia to discuss stealth fighter engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gossip here is not neccessarry anymore, Does F22 shoot down any fighter in real senario since its induction. It's power is only assumed on paper. Am i right? Good luck those pilots was not get poisonous by its tail gas due to design flaw in oxygen system. USA is always paper tiger who calims zero casaulty which means you scare death.
If that is where you want to go, then tell us what serious military has the PLA faced since the beginning of its creation? And look at your PLA today. See American signatures all over it.

So drop your technically baseless and ignorant criticisms of the F-22 until the J-20 is out of the development phase.

If that is where you want to go, then tell us what serious military has the PLA faced since the beginning of its creation? And look at your PLA today. See American signatures all over it.

So drop your technically baseless and ignorant criticisms of the F-22 until the J-20 is out of the development phase.
I'm just telling the truth, you don't have to play smart by humiliating PlA. We tied you in Korean war. Remember? 
At the time you are not a American yet.

I'm just telling the truth, you don't have to play smart by humiliating PlA. We tied you in Korean war. Remember? 
At the time you are not a American yet.
Bold word is PIA (Pakistan international Airline:rolleyes:) or PLA? sorry just joking.
Now on topic i think subject news is just rumor nothing real, China have well know how, R&D work and fully capable to manufacture indigenous engines for stealth fighters:china:.

go both ways!

oh absolutely......the Americans have their fair share of snoops and hacker/spooks on the payroll just to sit in a room and try to find system vulnerabilities they can exploit

i think after Stuxnet worm - people are smarter now about even frisking people and making sure they dont come in with USB flash drives 
Most of the Chinese poster will still claim that their technology is superior than Russia's. :omghaha::omghaha:

some of the air defense equipment that are derived from Russian tech - the Chinese further enhanced them

so i dont see what youre laughing away about 

it was countries like Pakistan (Among others) that taught Americans how your aircrafts fare against the soviet-made fleet of countries like india

when we see a little action in South China Sea then who knows -- maybe it will be good time to see the contests and fun games

Based on what data? Kopp's?:lol:

F-35 stealth's was deliberately compromised by the US for the following reasons:

1. It was to be able to do everything - both air-to-air and air-to-ground
2. The US designed to export it and did not want anyone to have an aircraft that could match the US-only F-22 in stealth.

The J-20 has maximum stealth that China could design and also will house the largest AESA radar of all the fifth generation fighters. Coupled with the soon to be inducted PL-21 ramjet-powered BVRAAM, even F-22 pilots won't feel safe when going up against this fighter. It will make mincemeat out of the slow, less-manoeuvrable and less stealthy F-35.

Fair enough.

Chinese are now mass producing the WS-10A that has 132KN of thrust. All J-11B/J-15/J-16s are being equipped with this engine. It has been tested on J-10B but I am not sure whether production J-10Bs are being equipped with it.

From here: Saturn AL-31 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

The most powerful version of AL-31F M2, 145KN of thrust, would deliver a little extra thrust that would be useful but it would not be logical to conclude that the Chinese could not increase the thrust of the WS-10A to these levels in a few years anyway when the J-20 would be ready for service.

It is not completely out of the question that the two countries could decide to jointly design and develop a brand new fifth generation engine.

In my humble opinion the reliability and the technology of crafting durable turbine blades is what China is after not a few extra kN's.

If a HK based newspaper writes "Wen Wei Po said that through investing with Russia in an engine plant, China will eventually gain the know-how it needs to design its own high-performance engines in the future." it appears there's a few things still to learn for China.

F-35 stealth's was deliberately compromised by the US for the following reasons:

1. It was to be able to do everything - both air-to-air and air-to-ground
2. The US designed to export it and did not want anyone to have an aircraft that could match the US-only F-22 in stealth.

The J-20 has maximum stealth that China could design and also will house the largest AESA radar of all the fifth generation fighters. Coupled with the soon to be inducted PL-21 ramjet-powered BVRAAM, even F-22 pilots won't feel safe when going up against this fighter. It will make mincemeat out of the slow, less-manoeuvrable and less stealthy F-35.
I have one thing to say.…MIG-25.

I have one thing to say.…MIG-25.

Is this the best you can come up with?:lol:

J-20 will be have an advanced AESA radar, other cutting edge avionics and is designed for be very manoeuvrable due to it's canards and almost certain thrust-vector production engines.

The US will be getting some serious competition from China that it has lacked before.

Nothing but the F-22 can go head-to-head against the J-20. All other aircraft will be wiped out of the sky.

Is this the best you can come up with?:lol:

J-20 will be have an advanced AESA radar, other cutting edge avionics and is designed for be very manoeuvrable due to it's canards and almost certain thrust-vector production engines.

The US will be getting some serious competition from China that it has lacked before.

Nothing but the F-22 can go head-to-head against the J-20. All other aircraft will be wiped out of the sky.

Doesn't matter how maneuverable it is. Still get shot down easily. And the AIM 120 is capable of hitting it almost 200 km away.

Doesn't matter how maneuverable it is. Still get shot down easily. And the AIM 120 is capable of hitting it almost 200 km away.

There is no way that the F-22 will be able to detect the J-20 at 200km away anyway. What you cannot detect, you cannot track, what you cannot track you cannot fire at.

When the J-20 comes into service towards the latter part of the decade, as long as the WS-15 engine is ready as well, it and the F-22 will be by far the 2 best fighters on this planet.

Last edited:
There is no way that the F-22 will be able to detect the J-20 at 200km away anyway. What you cannot detect, you cannot track, what you cannot track you cannot fire at.

When the J-20 comes into service towards the latter part of the decade, as long as the WS-15 is ready as well, it and the F-22 will be by far the 2 best fighters on this planet.

Sure it can. They put in a mini AWACs equivalent on the aircraft.

Even a fully-fledged AWACS will not be able to detect a J-20 at anything more than 100km.

Sorry but that aircraft ain't stealthy with those canards, intakes, and engines. Even the Russians admit their aircraft ain't stealthy, sacrificing for maneuverability.

Sorry but that aircraft ain't stealthy with those canards, inlets, and engines. Even the Russians admit their aircraft ain't stealthy, sacrificing for maneuverability.

Canards will become an issue when the aircraft needs to use them for manoeuvring - i.e at close range so it is not a problem at BVR distances.

Engine can always be swapped for the production version. China's big worry is getting the engines right on this plane.

PAK-FA is not a true stealth design like the J-20.

Inlets? What do you mean?

Canards will become an issue when the aircraft needs to use them for manoeuvring - i.e at close range so it is not a problem at BVR distances.

Engine can always be swapped for the production version. China's big worry is getting the engines right on this plane.

PAK-FA is not a true stealth design like the J-20.

Inlets? What do you mean?

Inlets or intakes whichever word helps you understand. Canards disrupts its stealth so in other words it gets seen first from a far distance. And as I said before it doesn't matter if it has canards for close range. It will be shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom