What's new

Chinese delegation sent to Russia to discuss stealth fighter engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually China was offered the PAK FA co-dev first, but then we pass on it.

Now it's possible that we hit problems and we are in a worse situation than we thought, but at this point, I don't think the Russians will just sell it to us, especially since the Russian engines have problems too.

Even American engines are not perfect at this particular point and needs work, and the Americans has had the F-22 since 06.

So this story makes no sense, not only would we be unlikely to buy, but the Russians are unlikely to have an engine to sell.

China was so confident in its ability to produce a fifth generation fighter by itself that it turned down an offer from Russia for joint development.

In a worse-case scenario, the first J-20s will be powered by more powerful versions of the WS-10A engine.

Why would Russia help China develop a 5th generation fighter engine?

No country in the world would be stupid enough to give away the secret in this one of the most difficult areas of military technology to master.

China has the resources to "figure things out" at any rate....so from a financial perspective it makes sense

the only technology that countries will NEVER share are the development of composite stealth materials....those are and always will be classified.

why do you think every year there are over 100,000+ hacking attempts against US Defense Ministry secure databases by Russian and Chinese hackers

I think these are the twin seat J-11B.

6FySwoY.jpg

JsQH1pa.jpg

g1D0Bwb.jpg

i love the lines.....good looking aircraft i must say

All new aircrafts are powered with the WS-10 class engine, except the JF-17 is still waiting for the WS-13 class engine. And i think this problem will be solved in the coming 1-2 years.

All new aircrafts are powered with the WS-10 class engine, except the JF-17 is still waiting for the WS-13 class engine. And i think this problem will be solved in the coming 1-2 years.

from what my sources tell me - the engine is basically workable but reliability and quality control for stated operational hours is still being worked on....and that's important b/c unlike the Mig-29 we would be facing, Thunder using single engines --so those are designed to operate singularly, therefore, have to be more survivable than twins like the Migs.

i'd rather they take their time and finish it when its perfected -- rather than rush rush and then not have optimal platform

for now, RD-93s will do and for now they meet the requirements; but JF-17 as a single-engine aircraft will need an even more powerful engine eventually to truly make it a force to be reckoned with

from what my sources tell me - the engine is basically workable but reliability and quality control for stated operational hours is still being worked on....and that's important b/c unlike the Mig-29 we would be facing, Thunder using single engines --so those are designed to operate singularly, therefore, have to be more survivable than twins like the Migs.

i'd rather they take their time and finish it when its perfected -- rather than rush rush and then not have optimal platform

for now, RD-93s will do and for now they meet the requirements; but JF-17 as a single-engine aircraft will need an even more powerful engine eventually to truly make it a force to be reckoned with

That engine will soon achieve the several thousands of accumulated hours on a testing JF-17 aircraft, then China will be ready to mass produce it.

That engine will soon achieve the several thousands of accumulated hours on a testing JF-17 aircraft, then China will be ready to mass produce it.

and I'm confident that China can provide the kits to Pak Aeronautical Complex down the line so that we can build and maintain them in-house :D

kind of like our cooperation with F-6 and F-7 maintenance facility

WantChinaTimes isn't exactly the best choice when it comes to military news. There is also no logic at play here since the PLAAF already has tested the core to their WS-15 engine many years ago.

China has the resources to "figure things out" at any rate....so from a financial perspective it makes sense

the only technology that countries will NEVER share are the development of composite stealth materials....those are and always will be classified.

why do you think every year there are over 100,000+ hacking attempts against US Defense Ministry secure databases by Russian and Chinese hackers

go both ways!

Actually China was offered the PAK FA co-dev first, but then we pass on it.

Now it's possible that we hit problems and we are in a worse situation than we thought, but at this point, I don't think the Russians will just sell it to us, especially since the Russian engines have problems too.

Even American engines are not perfect at this particular point and needs work, and the Americans has had the F-22 since 06.

So this story makes no sense, not only would we be unlikely to buy, but the Russians are unlikely to have an engine to sell.

Theres nothing wrong with the engines on the F22. Where you heard that?

Do you know if J-10B is being produced with WS-10 class engine?

It's been debated for some time on informed forums around the net that J-20 with current Chinese engines would be way underpowered, useful only for bombing runs.

Sweet irony seeing this news as i've debated 50 centers several times on their engines and they all assured me that WS-15 is right around the corner and will be better then anything.
And then their delegation goes to Russia to negotiate real engines. :lol:

Most of the Chinese poster will still claim that their technology is superior than Russia's. :omghaha::omghaha:

It's been debated for some time on informed forums around the net that J-20 with current Chinese engines would be way underpowered, useful only for bombing runs.

Sweet irony seeing this news as i've debated 50 centers several times on their engines and they all assured me that WS-15 is right around the corner and will be better then anything.
And then their delegation goes to Russia to negotiate real engines. :lol:

Would you like to explain why Russia would want to provide a 5th generation engine to a competing country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom