What's new

China's new nuclear subs are very silent

It's different. British occupation in India was at the same level as Dutch occupation in Indonesia. Japan was simply... worse.

My point is, the Japanese constitution won't do wonder with Japan's military technology. We have seen their best at it. From their F-16 mod (well, F-2), their tanks, their submarine, etc. So I don't expect them to become much-much better in tech even if their constitution is different. What will be different is that they will have a real offensive capability; because they'll produce missile, bomber, carrier, build foreign base, and maybe nuclear arsenal, etc. And then, what is the purpose of those offensive arsenals for a peaceful country? Unless you want to invade other country, you don't need them.

It's different. British occupation in India was at the same level as Dutch occupation in Indonesia. Japan was simply... worse.

My point is, the Japanese constitution won't do wonder with Japan's military technology. We have seen their best at it. From their F-16 mod (well, F-2), their tanks, their submarine, etc. So I don't expect them to become much-much better in tech even if their constitution is different. What will be different is that they will have a real offensive capability; because they'll produce missile, bomber, carrier, build foreign base, and maybe nuclear arsenal, etc. And then, what is the purpose of those offensive arsenals for a peaceful country? Unless you want to invade other country, you don't need them.

Yes Japan helped us looked like angels in their brutal occupation of Asia. I still have difficulties understanding why Japan was so brutal to their Asian brothers. They would have been more welcomed if they were less brutal than the west.:cheesy::rolleyes: Instead they succeeded in making us look like saints/benevolent. Reason why even the Koreans and filipinos still venerate/Love the U.S/west despite the crimes we might have committed in Asia.:enjoy:

Yes Japan helped us looked like angels in their brutal occupation of Asia. I still have difficulties understanding why Japan was so brutal to their Asian brothers. They would have been more welcomed if they were less brutal than the west.:cheesy::rolleyes: Instead they succeeded in making us look like saints/benevolent. Reason why even the Koreans and filipinos still venerate/Love the U.S/west despite the crimes we might have committed in Asia.:enjoy:

The japanese aim is to squeeze as much as possible from new conquer asia land. Why would they need to be nice? Plus their Bushido samurai BS makes them very cruel in treating subordinate. The Japanese army officer even treat their own man very badly. What do you think when they pass down the frustration on the ordinary?

LOL, nah. Dutch was not a saint. They were just simply occupier in our eyes. It just like if you guys' brutality is level one, Japan brutality is level two. They were simply worse. But it doesn't mean that you were a saint :D

Sir more people have died under the British empire than in WWII in Africa and Asia, its just Japan and Germany were made scrap goats. Whole EU had fascistic mentality.

Well you see they never moved forward from likes of F-2 because they didn't perceive any immediate threat. If your are going to spend billions in R&D you have to recover them by selling it overseas which they couldnt. With US standing with them Japanese thought they wouldnt need a strong force for defense. With rise of china power equation changes and US is wary to play the balancing act, Japanese now feel it is upto them to protect their interest.

As for offensive weapons all big economies have them, US, china, Russia, France, Germany .... And remember my friend, attack is the best form of defense while retaliating

LOL, nah. Dutch was not a saint. They were just simply occupier in our eyes. It just like if you guys' brutality is level one, Japan brutality is level two. They were simply worse. But it doesn't mean that you were a saint :D

I dont think if we were level one, Japan was level two. Its more like if we were level one, Japan was level 4.:D Im sure most of the south east Asians here who suffered under imperial Japanese rule will agree with me. Just because our media/governemnts dont over emphasize/broadcast Japanese crimes in the open like we didi with Nazi Germany, doesnt means that we dont know the attrocities Japan committed. To tell you the truth, Japan was even more brutal than the Nazis.:agree::D which country used bayonettes on babies? carry chemical experiment on humans on a large government danctioned scale? etc, Ask the Koreans and Chinese, they will tell you better.:cheers:

Anyway, today Japan is a better country thanks to the U.S and Japanese people are more peaceful now. So we should move on and forget the past. Afterall, even France, poland,greece etc who were brutally occupied by Germany have all already moved on, all Europe is now United. Asia should move on as well, we cant change the past.:agree::-)

I dont think if we were level one, Japan was level two. Its more like if we were level one, Japan was level 4.:D Im sure most of the south east Asians here who suffered under imperial Japanese rule will agree with me. Just because our media/governemnts dont over emphasize/broadcast Japanese crimes in the open like we didi with Nazi Germany, doesnt means that we dont know the attrocities Japan committed. To tell you the truth, Japan was even more brutal than the Nazis.:agree::D which country used bayonettes on babies? carry chemical experiment on humans on a large government danctioned scale? etc, Ask the Koreans and Chinese, they will tell you better.:cheers:

Anyway, today Japan is a better country thanks to the U.S and Japanese people are more peaceful now. So we should move on and forget the past. Afterall, even France, poland,greece etc who were brutally occupied by Germany have all already moved on, all Europe is now United. Asia should move on as well, we cant change the past.:agree::-)

That's because the Germans did a better job than Japan when it comes to sincere apology and teaching the following generations what truly happened whereas the Japanese with their face saving mentality failed to copy German bravery in admitting attrocities.
Unfortunately things aren't that simple, Germany didn't have border issues or island disputes. Japan on the other hand claiming Dokdo and Diaoyu as its own territory will automatically ignite WW2 feelings among Koreans and Chinese.

That's because the Germans did a better job than Japan when it comes to sincere apology and teaching the following generations what truly happened whereas the Japanese with their face saving mentality failed to copy German bravery in admitting attrocities.
Unfortunately things aren't that simple, Germany didn't have border issues or island disputes. Japan on the other hand claiming Dokdo and Diaoyu as its own territory will automatically ignite WW2 feelings among Koreans and Chinese.

US and British forces post war Germany to make auschwitz camp a museum for a german later generation to understand the atrocities Nazi committed. They also make german education to include all the crimes nazi included to never repeat the same mistake Nazi Germany committed.

But the biased American and British never make the same case for post war Japan. Becos they deemed Asia is not the same level as Europe. Atrocities of Imperial Japan rarely mention in Japan education. Future generation of Japanese hardly know the reality of Japan role in WWII. The only thing the Japanese glorify in their education for future, is the number of Japanese suffer by the 2 atomic bomb.

you are correct. A Nazi commander in Nanjing told the Japanese to stop the brutal attrocities against the Chinese. Chinese crammed into the small compound as Japanese were not allowed to cause trouble in there.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom