What's new

China's Asian Games village ready, handed over to organisers

I was once goaded into eating snake meat by my parents after they told me that the said meat was "huang shan" (rice-paddie eels).

ate 鳝鱼 before, pretty good, easy to get bones out and enjoy the savory meat. i think they are vegetarian, so they're quite efficient. frogs are inefficient but very tasty... sigh, almost everything that tastes good is inefficient (and expensive).

I was once goaded into eating snake meat by my parents after they told me that the said meat was "huang shan" (rice-paddie eels).

What do you guys think of Shark's fin soup and Bird's nest soup?

I used to love them, but I've stopped having shark's fin after I saw a documentary on how the sharks were caught in Africa, had their fins cut off and then were just thrown back.

Bird's nest soup is awesome though. I'm sure the very concept of bird's nest soup would freak out most westerners, lol. :D

ate 鳝鱼 before, pretty good, easy to get bones out and enjoy the savory meat. i think they are vegetarian, so they're quite efficient. frogs are inefficient but very tasty... sigh, almost everything that tastes good is inefficient (and expensive).

Good point, most luxury foods are incredibly inefficient.

Imagine paying thousands of dollars/yuan, just for a spoonful of Russian caviar or French foie gras. What a waste, lol.

What do you guys think of Shark's fin soup and Bird's nest soup?

I used to love them, but I've stopped having shark's fin after I saw a documentary on how the sharks were caught in Africa, had their fins cut off and then were just thrown back.

Bird's nest soup is awesome though. I'm sure the very concept of bird's nest soup would freak out most westerners, lol.

Another thing about shark-fin soup is that sharks, being apex predators, have unusually high concentrations of mercury. Eating too much shark meat is said to have negative effects on a man's intelligence and potency as a result of this.

Good point, most luxury foods are incredibly inefficient.

Imagine paying thousands of dollars/yuan, just for a spoonful of Russian caviar or French foie gras. What a waste, lol.

shark fin is really damaging to the environment, i prefer traditional meat like fish, chicken, pork and goat, i don't eat cows because who knows if i'm eating a virus infected US import?

shark fin is really damaging to the environment, i prefer traditional meat like fish, chicken, pork and goat, i don't eat cows because who knows if i'm eating a virus infected US import?

I've never bothered with Sharkfin and birdnest but from what I've been told, it's mainly a matter of texture as they are flavourless.

Chinese has world class architecture ... CHINA Must deserve a title as
SUPER-DUPER-POWER OF WORLD
Indian politicians should learn Something from china. I LOVE CHINA.
INDIA IS FAR BEHIND THE CHINA...CHINA IS A REAL CHAMP..
hope Successful CWG 2010 SAVE OUR SELF ESTEEM
ALL THE BEST TO CHINA FOR ASIAN GAMES......
:smitten: :china:

Chinese has world class architecture ... CHINA Must deserve a title as
SUPER-DUPER-POWER OF WORLD
Indian politicians should learn Something from china. I LOVE CHINA.
INDIA IS FAR BEHIND THE CHINA...CHINA IS A REAL CHAMP..
hope Successful CWG 2010 SAVE OUR SELF ESTEEM
ALL THE BEST TO CHINA FOR ASIAN GAMES......
:smitten: :china:

Cool Down Would You, You dont need to Under estimate One self to Enlighten the Other.... China Is Indeed a Great country and blessed with a few Selfless Minds.... They effectively Used it while we Wasted, But at the End of the day You would still leave Your chair Rotating alone and Visit the Work Accomplished Wouldnt You, So what difference does it really Make??

I've stopped having shark's fin after I saw a documentary on how the sharks were caught in Africa, had their fins cut off and then were just thrown back.

Most animal products involve ruthless brutality. You don't want to know what happens to male chicks in chicken factories.

Last edited:
Most animal products involve ruthless brutality. You don't want to know what happens to male chicks in chicken factories.

What about bulls who become steers and all the pigs, lambs ... :confused: I had the misfortune of watching this procedure being carried out on a young bull on the show No Reservations when Antony Bourdane visited Argentina. Those Gauchos were mean mofos.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom