What's new

China's Asian Games village ready, handed over to organisers

Congratulations China. There is a lot in the field of Infrastructure and flawless project execution that India (and many other countries) can learn from you.

I hate to say it but India is very far away from China, what planning and execution, mind blowing work. This is how one country works together for the betterment of the whole society, sadly we Indians totally lack that. Rather than competing with the Chinese we should learn from them and improve ourselves.

I hate to say it but India is very far away from China, what planning and execution, mind blowing work. This is how one country works together for the betterment of the whole society, sadly we Indians totally lack that. Rather than competing with the Chinese we should learn from them and improve ourselves.

hey you look green :D

hey you look green :D

lol its not about being green but about accepting facts. Too many times I have seen that many people here dont accept facts because they are blinded by mindless patriotism but thats not the way to go. China's achievements are unparalleled and must be appreciated. Everyone can learn something from them.

lol its not about being green but about accepting facts. Too many times I have seen that many people here dont accept facts because they are blinded by mindless patriotism but thats not the way to go. China's achievements are unparalleled and must be appreciated. Everyone can learn something from them.

The magarmach still looks green :D ask him to stop walking

Would China mind becoming part of the Commonwelth just for October :) We would like to borrow a few buildings.

Haha...!

Nice joke, buddy! But unfortunately (to Brits), China has never been fully colonized by British Empire due to their extreme nationalism embedded in their culture. So China is disqualified to contribute to CWG. :lol:

India failed because they made a stinky budget for 100 mln dollar, now they cant even mange for 8 bln dollar. Thats really funny when I saw that in Indian TV today.

You need to put enough money on the table in every project. Nothing is cheap. We south asian dont know what worth how much and always smells raat. Its not only shame for India but for every south asian. Any country from our part of the world will have hard time to get attention to host any big events like that.

Betterment comes only with realistic assessment of one's self. Yours is the right attitude for India.

India failed because they made a stinky budget for 100 mln dollar, now they cant even mange for 8 bln dollar. Thats really funny when I saw that in Indian TV today.

You need to put enough money on the table in every project. Nothing is cheap. We south asian dont know what worth how much and always smells raat. Its not only shame for India but for every south asian. Any country from our part of the world will have hard time to get attention to host any big events like that.

I beg to disagree. India spent a mind boggling amount on this event, but the only question is, how much actually went for the Games and how much lined the pockets of Kalmadi and co.?

Corruption is the issue, not lack of money input.

I still think it is a bit funny how the Qing Chinese gave the Western countries "good" names despite the treatment that they got. You've got 美国 (Beautiful country), 德国 (ethical country), 法国 (law-bidding country), 英国 (Distinguished country).

I always wondered why Western countries have really good connotation in their names. Do Chinese subconsciously associate the trait of these country by their names? Chinese inferiority complex?

I always wondered why Western countries have really good connotation in their names. Do Chinese subconsciously associate the trait of these country by their names? Chinese inferiority complex?

Nay to your self-inferiority theory!

Chinese culture normally treats who come from far-way as the best friends. Confucius: There come friends from far-away, isn't it our happiest moment?

Unfortunately, those coming from far away west bring guns, and loot and kill the confuciuses...:devil:

lol as if. It's just a name for most people. I didn't make the connection between America and beautiful country in Chinese until I lived there for 1 year.

Nay to your self-inferiority theory!

Chinese culture normally treats who come from far-way as the best friends. Confucius: There come friends from far-away, isn't it our happiest moment?

Unfortunately, those coming from far away west bring guns, and loot and kill the confuciuses...:devil:

The master says: " a gentleman needs to run for his life, when the foreign devils arrived".

lol

For anyone who hasn't read the Analects by Kongzi (Confucius). Every answer Kongzi gives begins with the phrase "The Master says," or "Confucius say,"

in the 1700s, when we konw each other,china is the most powerful and richest country in the world. nevertheless, we always want to show our good will, and that is the cluture missing in certain countries, don't you think so.

in the 1700s, when we konw each other,china is the most powerful and richest country in the world. nevertheless, we always want to show our good will, and that is the cluture missing in certain countries, don't you think so.

Rich I agree with, powerful I do not.

By the 1700s the Qing Dynasty was significantly behind technologically with European countries. There is a reason that the English were able to march through China's East coast with impunity in the 19th century.

Back
Top Bottom