What's new

China's Asian Games village ready, handed over to organisers

Amazing photos..amazing china..what ever differences we have..none will stop me from congratulating chinese people..good work.

What the Chinese achieve is the result of single minded attention to the work in hand with no local or political interference.

Something we cannot seem to do as we are on the other extreme of the results of democracy.

first of all, this is an english name, so who do you think are the poteitial stakeholders. Guangzhou is not easy to spell, write and pronounce in english. Would you name you son or daughter a name that nobody can even pronounce properly, let alone remembering it.

secondlly, "Canton" is a long long time-tested name to represent the city, almost as long as that of "China". so if you have no problem to the word "China" then it shouldn't be a problem for you to accept the word "Canton" neither . ohterwise, why don't you just rename "China" as "Zhongguo".

thirdly, it is all about advertisement. just as i said, most of the outsiders know "Canton", it service as a long term brand of the city. many cities are putting huge amount of money to promote their cities' prestige by doing advertisment around the world. Just for one propse: to know and remember my name, the same way as what a company does for their commercial products. so don't you think it is ridiculous to change the name from "Canton" to "Guangzhou".

and one more thing, not related to this issue. to answer you question about "why should we live for foreigners ?", if you don't mind, i want to expand the last word a little bit to "Others"
it is because no one will care about what you want, all the concern are what they want. so if you want to achieve you own goal, fulfill thiers first.

Too F'ing bad for those foreigners. They'll have to learn to pronounce Chinese names from now on. It's going to be a handy skill for the 21th century.

And really why do you care if some foreigners doesn't like the Chinese name for a Chinese province?

On topic: I really like the architecture for these games.

r.jsp

xin_52307072309362963232321.jpg

20100825153757aba9c.jpg

It seems China has finally grown an artistic sense in architecture.

Are this building moveable. If yes, kindly move it to New Delhi for 15 days, we need it. :)

I still think it is a bit funny how the Qing Chinese gave the Western countries "good" names despite the treatment that they got. You've got 美国 (Beautiful country), 德国 (ethical country), 法国 (law-bidding country), 英国 (Distinguished country).

i use the japanese name for the US (米国). it doesn't deserve the chinese name. it's also not sound based.

the other names are from sounds. whole names: 英格兰 (england), 法兰西 (france) ,德意志 (deutsch)

Better than Indian CWG..
good luck to china all in all, keep up the good work you shine above every asian country.

Congratulations to the sports ministry and the people of China. Its a rwal achievement.

Damn, i wish we had more responsible officials in India! I hope our officials take a look at how the Chinese have done this, and take a leaf out of their book!

Too F'ing bad for those foreigners. They'll have to learn to pronounce Chinese names from now on. It's going to be a handy skill for the 21th century.

And really why do you care if some foreigners doesn't like the Chinese name for a Chinese province?

It seems China has finally grown an artistic sense in architecture.

first of all, canton was not the name of a province, it was the name of a city Guangzhou. don't mix it up with Guangdong province.

secondly, why we care? if you carefully read my last post, you should have known. but i can sum it up for you, in short, bcz we need them.

I still think it is a bit funny how the Qing Chinese gave the Western countries "good" names despite the treatment that they got. You've got 美国 (Beautiful country), 德国 (ethical country), 法国 (law-bidding country), 英国 (Distinguished country).

What's the Chinese name for India?

Asian games village looks amazing... great going China...

Thats professionalism... well done China.. u guys rock!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome job done, I hope that some of our imbecilic Indian sports administrators can look and learn.:cheers:

Guangzhou government also seized this opportunity to launch its new CBD project.

24536485201009161429373119827771153_008.jpg

Major sporting event has always been used to push forward aggressive city planning, but this time Guangzhou takes it to a whole new level. The opening ceremony will not be hold in a stadium, but on an island with near panoramic view of the CBD so all cameras will inevitably fall on Guangzhou's new shinning skyscrapers.

Back
Top Bottom