What's new

China says it is unaware of Pakistan naval port proposal

kursed

Reaction score
BEIJING | Tue May 24, 2011 1:17pm IST
(Reuters) - China said on Tuesday that it had not heard of Pakistan's proposal for China to help it build a naval port at the deep water port of Gwadar.

"Regarding that specific cooperative project, I have not heard of it," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told a regular news briefing in Beijing.

"It's my understanding that during the visit last week this issue was not touched upon," she said.

She was referring to Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani's visit to Beijing last week.

(Reporting by Michael Martina; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Source: Reuters

Definitely china has heard from Pakistan on this issue...but has not taken any decisions. thats what they are saying.

So the decision was taken unanimously without their knowledge .:lol:

Why do yo uguys act like this wasn;t discussed when the project was being proposed? This was the idea beofre the plan was even drawn up

Well, if anyone thats been actually having interest to study China's foreign policy closely, its not China's way to declare any projects thats not at least getting started, especially on such sensitive one.

And its quite interesting to see some low EQ people jumping up and down with joy. It reminded me of Gwadar deep sea port project and we all know what happened before and after :lol:

now indians will create mess in blochistan by supporting militant groups around blochistan .

What an embarrassment ! This was probably Gilani's way of showing, "look America ! China's got our back". China's reply "lol wut? " :rofl:

i think this naval base statement was given by Ahmed Mukhtar the so called defense minister

MODS: please merge this thread with 2 others on the Gwadar base

POSTERS: please don't start duplicate threads (there were already 2 threads on this topic > post related news in there!)

WOW

All that debate on Pakistanis asking China to take the port and then this?

Slap in the face definetly if report is true.

You don't know the half of it -- The Pakistan government after the recent China visit know that whatever else their differences, the world wants islamist terrorists dead and they want islamist ideology, dead!

Now, it's another matter whether the Pakistan armed forces, with their eyes on the arbi bribes, are persuaded by the Chinese response on Gwadar and other invitations they declined, or not .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom