What's new

Adding a pearl: China looks for a naval base in Bangladesh

I don't know why Bangladeshis always abuse Indians for no reason. It's like a kid throwing a tantrum all the time. Have some self-respect.

If China feels the need for a naval base in that region, it would be in Myanmar, not Bangladesh. China can use it both as a naval base and a port to transport their goods through Myanmar. BD's geographic isolation from China doesn't offer such opportunity.

I didn't invent the idea of Chinese naval base in Chittagong, it comes from these two prominent Indian sources. So you are claiming that your credentials and analysis are better than these two?

Lets see, the OP article comes from:
About us

"OUTFIT PROFILE

The Centre for Asian Strategic Studies - India (CASS- India) is a Delhi-based privately run independent think-tank that investigates, researches and analyses issues involving military, diplomacy, terrorism, anti-piracy, nuclear issues and strategy concerning India, China, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Central Asian nations, Gulf countries and African nations.

CASS-India works on Afro-Asian security issues and its research and professional interests range from South Korea to Morocco. It has MoU, institutional cooperation, special agreements and research partnerships with more than 30 outfits across the globe.

The Centre has divided its core areas of expertise and focus areas of activities into seven different regions South Asia, Central Asia, West Asia, South East Asia, Africa, Indian Ocean and Asia-Pacific region.
CASS-India expertise:

• Military security (strategy, doctrines, modernization, armament, deployment and procurement)
• Diplomacy (Foreign policy, regional groupings, smart power, intra-region policies and politics)
• Geo-economics (energy security, large volume trade, trading blocs and hi-tech trade)
• Terrorism (outfits, movements, training camps, terror patterns, goals and weapons)
• Trans-national crime (anti piracy operations, drug trafficking and money laundering)
• Non-proliferation issues (NBC warfare, missile defence and nuclear industry)

However, CASS-India also focuses on non traditional security threats and deals with a wide range of topics such as large scale migration, climate change impact and food security.

CASS-India, being a registered trust and having its Board of Trustees, is primarily into three areas of activities such as General Research, Training and Conference. Till end of September 2013, the organization has organized more than 45 domestic conferences and 22 international conferences to its credit.

Established in March 1999, indeed, it came into effect in March 2002, and funded through self generated resources, grants, paid consultancy and custom project works, CASS-India produces futuristic studies and quality research papers produced by exclusive information time-framed to suit policymakers, governments, diplomats, defence and security establishments, think tanks and transnational corporations.

CASS-India also conducts training program known as ITP (International Training Program) under Advanced Strategic Studies Course every year to update the participants about changing dynamics of geo-politics in the Afro-Asian region and countering those challenges. The ITP is open to government officials, diplomats, defence personnel, NGOs, experts and defence industry officials, universities and students of Indian and foreign nationals.

Besides, CASS-India organizes seminars and interactive sessions and implements special projects for governments, institutions, individuals, companies and NGOs
. "

And in the 2nd post we have an article by Dr. Subhash Kapila:
Dr. Subhash Kapila

"Dr. Subhash Kapila
Noida, India
subhashkapila.png
PlainSpeak is a weekly column by Dr. Subhash Kapila that features analyses on foreign policy topics; strategic issues and political developments with a special focus on India and its neighborhood. In a globalized world, strategic and military issues also have an interdependence and cannot be ignored. These too are featured in the column.

Dr Subhash Kapila is a graduate of the Royal British Army Staff College, with a Masters in Defence Science (Madras University) and a PhD in Strategic Studies (Allahabad University) Combines a rich experience of Army (Brigadier) and diplomatic assignments in major countries. He writes extensively on foreign policy issues and strategic affairs for think-tanks and professional journals. He has participated in many national seminars and interviews by CNN, BBC etc. He is also the author of a book "India's Defence Policies and Strategic Thought: A Comparative Analysis"."

I don't know why Bangladeshis always abuse Indians for no reason. It's like a kid throwing a tantrum all the time. Have some self-respect.

The lack of self respect can be discussed for a nation who feels free to unilaterally put dams on international rivers and divert water for their own use and open the flood gates to flood our country in rainy season. Go talk to your govt. and ask them why they do it before asking why all Bangladeshi's are upset with Indian govt. actions.

Last edited:
I didn't invent the idea of Chinese naval base in Chittagong, it comes from these two prominent Indian sources. So you are claiming that your credentials and analysis are better than these two?

You have a serious comprehension problem. Where did I claim anything? Unlike you I don't go blindly by what others have to say or change my position on a monthly basis depending upon that. I gave my own analysis, which could be right or wrong. I don't think China would add more complexity to its relationship with India by having a base in Bangladesh, unless India does something similar in SCS. Besides logically a base/port in Myanmar is far more beneficial for China than one in BD. China is busy with its conflicts in the SCS and of course US and I don't see any immediate solution to those issues. It doesn't need to antagonize another country for a small and irrelevant country like BD. You are welcome to have your dreams.

Last edited:
You have a serious comprehension problem. Where did I claim anything? Unlike you I don't blindly go by what others have to say or change my position on a monthly basis depending upon that. I gave my own analysis, which could be right or wrong. I don't think China would add more complexity to its relationship with India by having a base in Bangladesh, unless India does something similar in SCS. Besides logically a base/port in Myanmar is far more beneficial for China than one in BD. China is busy with its conflicts in the SCS and of course US and I don't see any immediate solution to those issues. It doesn't need to antagonize another country for a small and irrelevant country like BD. You are welcome to have your dreams.
A Chinese base in Bangladesh makes India irrelevant and makes India prone to Balkanization.

A Chinese base in Bangladesh makes India irrelevant and makes India prone to Balkanization.

True but have you thought of an attack on a chinese base in Bangladesh....

have you though of an attack on Delhi from Aksai Chin, turning Delhites into fertilizers?

Well that is one possibility which is already there.... and that is between India and china.... My point was wrt to Bangladesh.... The question which i indirectly raised was.... Do you want to get sandwiched between India and China conflict???? what is your gain???

India cant even match China and Pakistan our might is way way more superior then anything else.

right now none but it does not ensure future safety.

BD-Mynamar-China link road is on the process :yay:

no , we are not. We were seperated from Pakistan but hey ! ! your are birth blood is British :woot:
First read in what context I replied...He implied me in the context of a slave...I gave it back in the same coin...I only mentioned him in my comment so why are you pimping for him....are you also the same product?

First read in what context I replied...He implied me in the context of a slave...I gave it back in the same coin...I only mentioned him in my comment so why are you pimping for him....are you also the same product?
relax no need to be serious :D

Well that is one possibility which is already there.... and that is between India and china.... My point was wrt to Bangladesh.... The question which i indirectly raised was.... Do you want to get sandwiched between India and China conflict???? what is your gain???
getting rid of miser Indian hegemony...

You have a serious comprehension problem. Where did I claim anything? Unlike you I don't go blindly by what others have to say or change my position on a monthly basis depending upon that. I gave my own analysis, which could be right or wrong. I don't think China would add more complexity to its relationship with India by having a base in Bangladesh, unless India does something similar in SCS. Besides logically a base/port in Myanmar is far more beneficial for China than one in BD. China is busy with its conflicts in the SCS and of course US and I don't see any immediate solution to those issues. It doesn't need to antagonize another country for a small and irrelevant country like BD. You are welcome to have your dreams.

The comprehension problem is yours, as you repeat same irrelevant nonsense and BS. May be you forgot to read the OP and post #2, where these reputed Indian sources raised the possibility of Chinese base in Chittagong. I just presented THEIR ideas here in this thread. And I ask again why should people believe you, an anonymous Assamese in PDF, instead of these two reputed and credible sources?

Yes, we want a military alliance with China, because we know China will become 10 times powerful than Indian in near future and India will have no power to touch us. In fact, we are hoping that once we become a close Chinese ally, we will be able to expose India's water terrorism to world stage and force to get a fair share of our water from the common international rivers. India's actions since 1947 leaves people of our landmass no other practical alternative to secure their future interest.

Last edited:
The comprehension problem is yours, as you repeat same irrelevant nonsense and BS. May be you forgot to read the OP and post #2, where these reputed Indian sources raised the possibility of Chinese base in Chittagong. I just presented THEIR ideas here in this thread. And I ask again why should people believe you, an anonymous Assamese in PDF, instead of these two reputed and credible sources?

I did not ask you to believe me, I was just presenting my views. You posted that I claimed to be more knowledgeable than the guys writing those article, well I did not. That was the comprehension problem I was talking about. Everyone is free to present their opinions (your sources were also opinion pieces), I gave mine. You are free to have your own.

Yes, we want a military alliance with China, because we know China will become 10 times powerful than Indian in near future and India will have no power to touch us. In fact, we are hoping that once we become a close Chinese ally, we will be able to expose India's water terrorism to world stage and force to get a fair share of our water from the common international rivers. India's actions since 1947 leaves people of our landmass no other practical alternative to secure their future interest.

There could be few scenarios for India to attack or "Touch" Bangladesh.......

1) When entire population share your thoughts
2) When the entire writers start writing books like munshi bhai

Find some time and visit india.... and speak to normal indians and you will realise what India is and what Indian's think about Bangladesh....Small peace of suggestion.... Do not create an opinion on Indains based on the amount of trolling happens in BD section of PDF...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom