What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Mirage-VDR (Ex-Libyan) Pakistan Air Force.

© Zohaib Malik

1617656639031.png

Mirage-IIIRP "Reconnaissance Photographic".

© Awais Lali

View attachment 732079
@denel do you think these recce can be turned into something like EA 18G Growlers? I don't know how useful they are in their current state, or of any upgrades to them. I think paf has sufficient number of these planes to warrant such a move...

Last edited:
@denel do you think these recons can be turned into something like EA 18G Growlers? I think paf has sufficient number of these planes to warrant such a move..
No friend, it is a matter on ROI.

As we stated the entire platform needs to be taken apart. EW is extremely dangerous - you need shielding to start with. Plus also many key areas you need to reframe so that the EW emissions are optimal vs bouncing over. THe power EW units emit can fry the pilot inside out if not done right.

No friend, it is a matter on ROI.

As we stated the entire platform needs to be taken apart. EW is extremely dangerous - you need shielding to start with. Plus also many key areas you need to reframe so that the EW emissions are optimal vs bouncing over. THe power EW units emit can fry the pilot inside out if not done right.
Thanks for the answer. So what improvements can be made in their current recce configuration?

Last edited:
As PAF/PAC have much experience of in and out of airframe of mirages, they can easy recreates delta airframe based on mirages expertise offcouse having engine help avionics commonality with thandars or some additional stuff

They will become good source for future bumb trucks with commonality of thandars as cost effective solution and valuable replacement of mirages and even can be used in naval role

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom